Looking for a quick and safe way to borrow money if you don't have any supporting financial documents? Having a hard time getting approved for a bank loan? Fortunately, there are other ways to get a personal loan in the Philippines online, like quick cash loans from peer-to-peer and private lenders.
One of the alternative loans you can also consider is the Tala loan. Read on to learn more about this online lending company and the Tala loan application process.
What is Tala?
Tala is one of the top quick cash loan providers in the Philippines. It's a legitimate online lender that's registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission as Tala Financing Philippines Inc. Based in Santa Monica, California, this fintech company also operates in Mexico, Kenya, and India.
Tala provides instant loans through a mobile app through which the entire process happens, from loan application to funds release and status tracking. It allows Filipinos with Android devices to conveniently get a cash loan, regardless of their credit history. The entire Tala loan application process is online, so you can get a loan while on the go.
Key Features of Tala Loan
Tala takes pride in providing fast, flexible, and secure loans in the Philippines. When you borrow money using a Tala loan, you can expect the following:
- Quick online loan application and approval - Conveniently apply for a loan through the Tala app in just a few minutes, get an instant decision, cash out your loan, and repay it at Tala's payment channels nationwide.
- Flexible loan terms - Based on your income and cash flow, choose your own repayment date up to 61 days from the day you availed of the loan.
- Secured transactions - The Tala app has SSL encryption, which means your personal information will be protected against data breaches.
- Continuous access to loans - After paying off your current balance, you can borrow again from Tala.
How Much Can I Borrow From Tala?
Qualified first-time borrowers can get a Tala loan with a starting amount of ₱1,000. The Tala first loan limit is small, but if you make timely repayments, you can qualify for up to ₱25,000 for your Tala second loan amount.
According to Tala, borrowers who make on-time repayments can increase their loan limit in only a matter of months.
How Much are the Tala Interest Rates and Fees?
Tala charges a flat daily fee of as low as 0.5%. You can pay off your loan as early as possible—even before your due date—because the sooner you repay, the less interest you pay. But take note that the interest rate won't change even if you make an advance payment.
However, Tala doesn't charge an early repayment penalty, so you can repay your loan before your due date without getting charged for it.
If you can't pay your loan within the maximum due date of 61 days, you'll be charged an 8% late payment interest on your total outstanding balance.
Should I Borrow from Tala Philippines?
Are you eligible to apply for an instant cash loan from Tala Philippines? Is this the right loan for you?
Tala loan is ideal for these borrowers:
- Filipinos 18 years old and above with an Android mobile device
- People who need instant loan approval for an urgent cash need or emergency
- Borrowers with no or bad credit history who don't qualify for personal loans from banks
- Busy people who don't have time to prepare various documents and line up at a bank to apply for a personal loan
Check out other loans in the Philippines with an online application process:
- RFC Loan Guide: How to Get an Online Loan from Radiowealth Finance
- Blend PH Loan Review: Everything to Know About This Online Personal Loan
- Getting a GCash Loan in Minutes: Here’s What You Need to Know
- Tonik Loan Guide: Features, Requirements, and Application Process
- Zuki by SB Finance: How to Get a Loan in Just a Few Taps
Where Can I Use My Tala Loan?
You can use your Tala loan for many purposes, such as starting a small business, funding an emergency, paying bills, purchasing groceries, paying tuition, and more. The possibilities are endless after the first, second, or even the third time you borrow money from Tala Philippines.
Tala Loan Requirements
The requirements for Tala loan applications are simple. You just need to use an Android smartphone with OS 4.1 or higher. Also, you need just one valid ID for Tala ID requirements. Tala doesn't require any proof of income, bank account, credit card, or collateral to secure a loan.
Tala accepts any of the following valid IDs:
- Driver’s license
- National ID or PhilSys ID
- Postal ID
- PRC card
- UMID/SSS ID
- Voter’s ID
In addition, your ID must show your correct birthdate and not be expired.
Tala Loan Application Guide in the Philippines
Tala loan application is quick and easy with the Tala mobile app. It takes only a few minutes to register for an account, accomplish a Tala loan application form, and verify your identity.
Tala Loan Application Process
- Download the Tala Philippines app on Google Play Store.
- Apply for a loan through the mobile app. Fill out the online Tala loan application form and upload pictures of your valid ID.
- Wait for a message from Tala regarding the loan approval.
- Once you're approved for the loan, you can pick out your own loan terms and choose a due date from one up to 61 days.
- Cash out your loan from any Tala partners nationwide.
Anti-Fraud Reminders from Tala Philippines
Scammers have become more creative, especially now that getting a loan is easier and can be done 100% online. Be extra careful when applying for or paying for your Tala loan.
Here are a couple of anti-fraud reminders from Tala:
1. Keep Your Personal Information Safe
Never share your personal information (full name, date of birth, phone number, email address, etc.) on Facebook, Instagram, and other social media channels. If you take a screenshot of your Tala loan, don't share it online and delete the photo immediately.
2. Beware of Fake Tala Pages
There is only one Tala Facebook page: www.facebook.com/talaphilippines. Do not communicate or share your personal information with individuals or pages that claim to be associated with Tala. The official Tala Facebook page has a blue check mark beside the page name—always check this.
3. Pay Only Through Official Channels
7-Eleven, Cebuana Lhuillier, M Lhuillier, GCash, PayMaya, and Coins.ph are the only payment channels authorized by Tala. If you have issues with repaying your loan, contact Tala through email at email@example.com.
Tala Loan Application FAQs
1. How long does Tala take to approve a loan?
Tala Philippines comes up with a loan decision in a few minutes. That's how fast the Tala loan approval time is. Prospective borrowers are informed through the app itself whether they're approved or denied for a Tala loan.
2. How do I cash out my Tala loan?
Once your Tala loan application is approved, you can have the cash deposited to your Tala account, Coins.ph wallet, or bank account. You can also claim it at the nearest remittance center (Cebuana Lhuillier, M Lhuillier, or Palawan Express Pera Padala).
Here's how to claim your Tala loan in Palawan Express, Cebuana, and other remittance Centers:
- Prepare your transaction details and two valid IDs.
- Head to your nearest remittance center and let the attendant know you're receiving money.
- Fill up the necessary forms. Write the reference number, sender name, and the exact amount.
- Submit the form with your valid IDs to the teller and wait for your name to be called.
- Receive your cash along with the transaction receipt.
3. Where do I pay my Tala loan?
You can make a Tala loan payment on or before your due date through any of these payment channels:
- 7-Eleven stores
- Cebuana Lhuillier
- M Lhuillier
- Coins.ph app
- BPI Quickpay
4. How do I pay my Tala loan?
To repay your Tala loan, follow these steps:
- From the Tala dashboard, tap Make a Payment under your loan details.
- Enter the amount you want to pay back and tap Submit Payment.
- Choose your preferred payment channel.
- Wait for a message containing the payment link or payment reference number.
- Head to your chosen payment center and present the reference number.
- Pay the amount and wait for the payment confirmation text.
5. How do I pay my Tala loan via GCash?
- Log in to your GCash app account.
- Tap Pay Bills > Loans.
- Scroll down until you find Tala. Or simply type Tala to search for it.
- Enter the following details:
- Amount to pay
- Reference number (from the Tala app)
- Your 11-digit mobile number
- Your email address (optional)
- Wait for the confirmation of your payment via SMS from GCash.
6. What happens if I miss my payments?
Tala assures its customers that it won't resort to unfair practices like threats and harassment. Your personal information will be kept secure and confidential. Also, your family and friends won't be contacted.
The online lender will contact you only through your email address and phone numbers you submitted during your Tala registration.
7. Can I negotiate my Tala loan if I can't pay on time?
If you miss a due date or can't pay your Tala loan in full, don't fret. Tala is open to working with delinquent clients to come up with a fair solution. Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and a customer service agent will help you find a solution based on your concerns.
8. What is the contact number of Tala Philippines?
Got questions about your Tala loan application? You can talk to a customer care agent via the Tala app. Simply open this link from the Tala app on your mobile device: tala.page.link/ph-help.
You can reach Tala Philippines' customer support team via email at email@example.com or through the Tala Facebook Page.
When you need cash for an immediate need, Tala is one of your options for a quick, flexible, and secure loan. Before you start your Tala loan application, make sure to compute how much you'll repay based on the amount you want to borrow. This way, you know if it's the right loan to avail of and if you can afford the monthly repayments.
Below is a list of other best personal loan companies and their loan features. Compare your options and apply through Moneymax!
Minimum Loan Amount
Maximum Loan Amount
Minimum Annual Income
Metrobank Personal Loan
|₱20,000||₱1 million||₱350,000||7 days|
Citibank Personal Loan
|₱20,000||₱2 million||₱250,000||As fast as 24 hours|
Note: This product is sold by Union Bank of the Philippines, using certain trademarks temporarily under license from Citigroup Inc. and related group entities.
BPI Personal Loan
|₱20,000||₱2 million||₱300,000||5 to 7 banking days|
EasyRFC Multi-Purpose Loan
|₱10,000||₱150,000||₱120,000||As fast as 24 hours|
Maybank Personal Loan
|₱50,000||₱1 million||₱300,000||Apply online in just a few clicks|
RCBC Bank Personal Loan
|₱50,000||₱1 million||₱360,000||5 to 7 banking days|
|₱30,000||₱2 million||₱180,000||5 banking days|
CIMB Personal Loan
|₱30,000||₱1 million||₱180,000||24 hours|
HSBC Personal Loan
|₱30,000||₱500,000 or 3x gross monthly salary, whichever is lower||₱168,000||5 to 7 banking days|
CTBC Bank Personal Loan
|₱20,000||₱1 million||₱180,000||3 to 5 banking days|