Mercantile Car Insurance Review
So much of our lives are spent on the road, which is why it’s imperative to invest in car insurance that will protect you, your passengers, and your car. Aside from the basic mandatory coverage, you should also have the option to choose additional coverage to ensure you’re fully protected.
Mercantile Car Insurance provides coverage not only for cars but also for motorcycles, scooters, buses, mobiles, motorhomes, trailers, road building equipment, and many others. Coverage includes ownership and usage, as well as vehicle maintenance. It covers risks such as own damage or theft, Acts of Nature, as well as strikes, riots, and civil commotions for vehicle types like sedans, SUVs, AUVs, vans, and pickups.
Other benefits include 10 years of casa eligibility, ₱2,000 deductible, 3 waived deductible, and ₱5,000,000 maximum total sum insured. And if you have a car that’s 10 years old, you can still have it insured by Mercantile Insurance Co.
Why Choose Mercantile Car Insurance?
It helps to know and understand what your car insurance policy covers and what it doesn’t, and whether your car insurance provider offers the best package or not. This way, you can explore other options and get your money’s worth. Know what insurance policy you’re getting to get the best deal and save on costs as well.
Mercantile Insurance is one of the most trusted leaders in the non-life insurance industry in the Philippines, and it has been around for over 50 years.
It also has offices in key cities and over 70 casa repair shops, making it more accessible and convenient for customers wherever they may be located. Mercantile Insurance Co. Inc. has accredited workshops in Metro Manila, Cavite, Rizal, Laguna, Batangas, Quezon, Albay, Camarines Sur, Pangasinan, Benguet, Leyte. Cebu, Negros Occidental, Iloilo, Misamis Oriental, Davao del Sur, and Davao del Norte.
Aside from this, you enjoy insurance premiums which are relatively cheaper compared to other insurance providers. Deductibles are cheaper and can be waived three times in a year as well.
The only downside is if you want car insurance coverage with the works, your premiums will be higher and you’ll need to pay more. Delays in claims processing are also unavoidable especially when further reviews and evaluations are required.
Mercantile Car Insurance Rates
For Mercantile Car Insurance rates, you can request them through Moneymax. Take a look at these insurance premium quotations for the following car brands and models:
Car Brand and Model
Mercantile Car Insurance Rates
|Mitsubishi Mirage G4||₱14,940/Year|
*Rates are based on 2020 vehicles and are subject to change.
How to Get Cheap Car Insurance from Mercantile Insurance
Drive confidently and safely knowing that you and your car are protected. You can easily get a Mercantile car insurance quote online, and you can insure your car with Mercantile with just a few taps.
- Scroll back to the top of this page and click Get Free Quote.
- Provide your car brand, model, year, variant, and vehicle type before clicking Next.
- Enter your name, email, and contact number.
- Tick the two terms and conditions boxes.
- You can also enter a promo code. If you have none, click Next.
- Review the details you provided then tap Apply.
- Expect a call from a Moneymax representative within a few hours.
How to File a Mercantile Insurance Claim
After reviewing your car insurance policy’s inclusions and exclusions, submit all documents needed for claims via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Moneymax’s team of Claims Experts will assist you and work with Mercantile Insurance to facilitate a quicker claims process. Below are the documents you’ll need:
- Police report
- Accomplished insurance claim form
- Pictures of the damaged or lost parts of your vehicle and the full view of the car showing the plate number
- Car repair estimate
- Photocopy of driver’s license with official receipt (OR)
- Photocopy of certificate of vehicle registration with MVRR number
- Additional requirements as prescribed by our Claims Experts
After Mercantile Insurance receives and reviews your claims documents, they will evaluate the damage to your car. And once approved, you’ll receive a Letter of Authorization (LOA) to get your car fixed at a Mercantile Insurance accredited repair shop.
*Note that process may change depending on the type of claim
Other Services Offered by Mercantile Insurance
Aside from car insurance, Mercantile Insurance also offers Personal Accident / Travel Insurance, Fire and Allied Perils Insurance, Engineering Insurance, Miscellaneous Casualty Insurance, Homeowners Protection Plan, Marine Cargo, Inland Marine, and Marine Hull Insurance, Aviation Insurance, and all kinds of Bond Insurance.
- Personal Accident / Travel Insurance - Protect yourself and your loved ones from accidents or any unforeseen situation that may happen while you’re traveling.
- Fire and Allied Perils - Whether it’s accidental fire or a natural calamity, be protected against accidental damage. Mercantile Insurance will pay for losses or damages on your insured properties caused by tornadoes, windstorms, earthquakes, fires, and other natural calamities. It also covers allied risks like theft, explosions, riots, and the like.
- Engineering Insurance - Mercantile Engineering Insurance answers all your engineering concerns with its two main categories: Contract Works for buildings and civil engineering projects, and Renewable Classes for industrial plants.
- Miscellaneous Casualty - It offers a lot more inclusions that are needed to protect all other lines of business outside the fire or marine industry. Some of these include workmen’s compensation insurance, crime insurance, liability insurance, and personal accident insurance.
- Aviation Insurance - Mercantile’s Aviation Insurance offers full insurance coverage from hull losses to passenger injuries. It covers damage resulting from environmental instances and incidents involving third parties.
- Bonds Insurance - Keep your finances safe with Mercantile Bond Insurance. In case of payment default, you can ensure payments, interests, and principals with this financial guarantee.