- Common Personal Loan Application Questions You Need to Prepare for
- Driving the Hybrid Dream: Best Hybrid Cars in the Philippines
- Moneymax Reviews: Keeping It Simple with a Citi Simplicity+ Card
- LUNA Coins 101: Everything to Know About This New Crypto
Moneymax Terms and Conditions
Date of Last Revision: 26 May 2023
Moneymax.ph (“Moneymax”) is held and provided by MoneyGuru Philippines Corporation.
In these terms and conditions (as amended from time to time, these “Terms and Conditions”) stated here, whenever we use “us”, “we” and “our”, it refers to MoneyGuru Philippines Corporation. (“MGPC”) (registered in Philippines under Company Regis. No. CS201414415) and/or MoneyHero Insurance Brokerage, Inc. (“MHIB”) (registered in Philippines under Company Regis. No. CS201513218) and an authorised insurance broker with Insurance Commission License No. IB-15-2022-R, collectively, when we use and “you” and “your” it refers to anyone who uses the Services (as described below)
We provide our services to you through our website located at www.moneymax.ph (or any subsequent URL which may replace it) (the “Website”) and through our online content, software and services, whether accessed on the Website or through third-party websites, mobile sites and/or applications (collectively, such services, including any new features and applications, and the Website, the “Services”), subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
- If you violate any of the terms mentioned herein, your right to access and use the Services shall be terminated immediately.
- We reserve the right to suspend, limit or terminate your use and access of the Services and/or to cancel your account at any time without further notice and for any reason whatsoever.
2. Our Service
- MGPC offers an independent online service that allows you to compare banking, mobile protection and insurance products provided by third parties. The business of MHIB is to identify insurance products and services provided by third parties that may be of interest to you. For the avoidance of doubt, other than the provision of marketing services, MGPC does not carry on an insurance business and all insurance-related activities referred to on the Services are carried out solely by MHIB. Our comparison service is free. We earn money by charging the concerned third party provider a fee and/or commission for the leads generated.
- We additionally allow you to get assistance and help offline (such as over the telephone) on using the Services either from us or from a third party related to insurance, banking and alternative products or services. We do not charge you for this service.
- Please bear in mind that nothing on the Services ought to be thought of, or relied upon, as financial advice or a recommendation or endorsement of any of the featured products or services. All information contained in the Services shall only be used for reference only and you should not treat it as any advice given by us. Information on the Services may help you choose the product or service that best meets your needs. However, it is solely your responsibility to conduct research, to seek independent and professional advice and to ensure the suitability of the product or service that is of interest to you. Ultimately, it is your sole and absolute decision to get or refrain from getting any product or service whether it has been featured on our Services or not.
- Please bear in mind that nothing on the Services is, or shall be deemed to represent, a proposal by us or any third party to sell to you any product or service or to enter into any contract with you in respect to any product or service. By giving us your details, you are making a proposal to get the relevant product or service from the relevant third party based on its terms and conditions. The relevant third party reserves the final right to decide whether or not to accept your offer.
- We aim to give you uninterrupted access to the Services. However, we cannot assure you of uninterrupted availability of this website. We have the right to suspend, limit or terminate your access to the Services at any time.
- We reserve the right to feature, amend, delete, edit, take away or modify any data, content, material or information displayed on the Service at any time without further notice. You agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Services.
3. Regarding MoneyHero Insurance Brokerage, Inc.
- MGPC and/or its licensors own the Services. MGPC wholly owns MHIB, and both are members of the group of companies comprising the CompareAsia Group - trading as MoneyHero Group. MHIB is an authorized insurance broker and its business is to arrange insurance products and services for its clients. MHIB does not represent any particular insurance company in its dealings with clients. MHIB is not an insurance company and does not underwrite any insurance risk, nor does it represent any insurance company in its dealings with you. MHIB will handle all enquiries relating to contracts of insurance or insurance related matters on the Services. Other than the provision of marketing services, MGPC does not carry on an insurance business and all insurance related activities on the Services are carried out by MHIB.
- For your information, MHIB is remunerated for its services by the receipt of commission(s) paid by insurers. Your agreement to use the Services and to proceed with any insurance transaction through the Services shall constitute your consent to the receipt of commission by MHIB.
4. Information About Insurance Products
- Any contract to obtain an insurance product will be entered into between you and the relevant insurance provider. All products and services described on the Services or arranged by MHIB are subject to the terms and conditions of the contract between you and the applicable insurance provider. You are advised to read these terms and conditions carefully and to satisfy yourself that you understand such terms and conditions thoroughly (and in appropriate cases, seek professional advice on the meaning, operation and substantive effect of these terms and conditions) before you enter a contract for such products or services. If you are in doubt as to your obligations under these Terms and Conditions or if you wish to seek assistance in relation to our services, you are encouraged to contact our customer service department.
- No insurance coverage shall be construed as bound, in force, applied for or assumed as a result of your submission of data to MGPC and/or MHIB on the Services or otherwise unless and until notification of coverage has been sent to you by MGPC and/or MHIB or the relevant insurance company/provider.
- Unless otherwise specified, products and services described in this Website are not available to persons who are outside the Philippines or to persons who do not possess legal capacity to enter into contracts, such as minors, and accordingly, no contract purported to be entered by these persons will bind MHIB or MGPC.
- Where appropriate and with your consent, all documents related to insurance products may be sent to you electronically. In cases where insurance documents cannot be delivered electronically due to legal constraints, physical forms will be delivered to you upon your request.
- Information on the Services and all materials pertaining to products and services on offer are not representative of, and thus must not be treated as a complete description of the particular and individual terms and conditions of, nor the precise cover provided by the relevant product or service. It is your sole responsibility to seek independent and professional advice and to ensure all details and information provided to us and displayed on the Services are accurate and reliable. With respect to any specific product or service, the terms and conditions of the provider of that product or service shall prevail should contradictions arise with the information set out on the Services.
- Prior to any cover being confirmed or provided to you, you should fully and faithfully inform MHIB of everything you know, or could reasonably be expected to know that could be relevant in the process or the decision to grant you the requested insurance. You are obliged (i) to disclose every fact which would influence the judgment of a prudent insurer in fixing the premium or determining whether to underwrite the risk; (ii) not to misrepresent material facts and (iii) not to make fraudulent claims. A fact is material and requires disclosure to the insurer (even if not asked or prompted by the insurer in the proposal form or any other communication between you and the insurer, whether through MHIB or not) if it is relevant to the nature of the risk sought to be covered. To do otherwise may result in receiving no benefit from your chosen policy.
- You agree that submission of your information on our Services shall never in any way be considered as an acceptance of any offer and/or your request to purchase any product or service, and that nothing on the Services shall be treated as an invitation to do any of these actions. MHIB’s request for a policy shall not be construed as an offer by MHIB to provide a product to you.
- You must read and accept all applicable terms, conditions, exclusions, and limitations of any policy before entering any agreement or arrangement with an insurer.
- By proceeding with the purchase of an insurance product through the Services you authorise MGPC and/orMHIB to pass your personal data to our payment processing partner(s) to charge your credit card account through that payment processing partner(s) for the amount of the insurance premium.
- MHIB engages in the electronic commerce of insurance products through the Services and/or through other third party e-commerce platform providers and, in doing so, MHIB commits to complying with the Guidelines on Electronic Commerce of Insurance Products provided under Insurance Commission Circular Letter No. No. 47, s. 2014 (as amended) and safeguarding the rights of policyholders as enumerated in the Bill of Rights of Policyholders provided under Insurance Commission Circular Letter No. 2016-30.
5. Mobile Services
- The Services include certain services that may be available through a mobile device, including (i) the ability to submit information to the Services via a mobile device and (ii) the ability to browse the Services and the Website from a mobile device (together, the “Mobile Services”). To the extent that you access the Services through a mobile device, your wireless service carrier’s standard charges, data rates and other fees may apply. In addition, using certain Mobile Services may be prohibited or restricted by your carrier, and not all Mobile Services may work with all carriers or devices. By using the Mobile Services and/or providing your mobile telephone number to us through the Services, you agree that we may communicate with you regarding our products and services and/or our service providers by SMS, MMS, text message or other electronic means to your mobile device and that certain information about your usage of the Mobile Services may be communicated to us. In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, you agree to promptly update information that you have submitted to us.
6. Permitted Use
- You are solely permissible to access and use the Services for personal, non-commercial functions, which means this website shall solely be accessed and used directly by a private individual or by a legal entity to find a product or service for that individual or entity and on their own behalf. Access to and use of the Services aside from for your personal, non-commercial functions is strictly prohibited.
- In order to protect the safety and well-being of others and the integrity and security of our Services, you agree that you cannot use the Services (or facilitate or support others to do so):
- To do or to share anything that breaches these Terms and Conditions or any policies that we publish and which apply to your use of the Services;
- In any unlawful, fraudulent, improper, unauthorized, harassing, discriminatory, libelous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable manner or in any way that may be harmful or detrimental to our rights (including intellectual property rights) or interests or the rights (including intellectual property rights) or interests of any of our third party providers, or in any manner that could constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability or regulation, in all cases as determined by us;
- In any way that infringes or breaches our rights or someone else’s rights;
- To produce, check, confirm, update, modify or amend your own or another person’s databases, records or directories.
- To alter or reverse engineer any a part of this website.
- In a way that interferes with, disrupts or imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large burden on our communications and technical systems as determined by us.
- Using any automatic computer code, process, program, robot, net crawler, spider, data processing, trawling or alternative ‘screen scraping’ computer code, process, program or system.
- Anyone using the Services in any of the above ways or engaging in any of the above activities are acting in breach of these Terms and Conditions and should stop using the Services immediately.
- You acknowledge that we may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Services. You agree that we have no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any data or other content maintained by or uploaded to the Services. You further acknowledge that we reserve the right to change these general practices and limits at any time, in our sole discretion, with or without notice.
7. Your Responsibilities
- You have to take all necessary precautions to make sure that any data, content, material or information you submit or provide to us via the Services (“User Content”) is free from viruses, spyware, malicious software and anything which can have a contaminating, harmful or damaging impact on any a part of this Services, our Content or the websites of third parties or the other technology.
- You are entirely accountable for your conduct on this website and for your User Content. You need to guarantee that your User Content does not violate any privacy rights, holding rights (such as copyright, information rights and trade marks) or alternative rights of any third party (including any right of confidentiality).
- Furthermore, your User Content should not violate any law. It should not be harmful, fraudulent, threatening, defamatory, embarrassing, distressing, infringing, abusive, inflammatory, daunting, harassing, libelous, stalking, profane, obscene, indecent, inappropriate, hateful, discriminatory or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable or prohibited by any applicable laws or regulations. We reserve the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in our sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending content from the Services, restricting such violator’s access to the Services and reporting the violator to the appropriate authorities.
- You must comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations when using our Services. You agree that are will be held wholly responsible for any harm, loss, claim, demand, liability or expense (including reasonable legal fees) that we suffer as a result of your your breach of these Terms and Conditions, your breach of contract or warranty, willful act or omission, misrepresentation, negligence in relation to, or in association with, your access and/or use of the Services and/or in relation to your submission and accuracy of your User Content.
8. Intellectual Property Rights
- You agree and acknowledge that the Services may contain or display data, content, images, material or information (“Content”) that is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other proprietary rights and laws and is our property and/or the property of our third-party licensors. You can print, copy, transfer or store extracts of content, material or information displayed on this website for your own personal use if you abide by the following conditions:
- Content cannot be used for any business or commercial functions without our permission.
- You will not use any automatic computer code, process, program or system, robot, net crawler, spider, data processing, trawling or alternative ‘/screen scraping/’ computer code, process, program
- It cannot be sold out or transferred to any third party without our express written consent.
- The copy should retain any copyright or alternative property notices contained within the original
- Images displayed on this website are protected by copyright and will not be reproduced or taken in any way without the written permission of the various owner(s).
- No logos, trademarks or service marks displayed on this website can be written or downloaded, except as a part of the text of which they are already part of.
- You should not modify the paper or digital copies of such data, content, material or information. It shall not be excerpted, reproduced, published, used, reformatted and/or displayed on another website without our written permission.
- The standing of us and our licensors as authors of such data, content, material or information should be acknowledged at all times.
- Images, logos, trademarks or service marks, displayed on the Services are either our property or the property of our third-party licensors and are protected by the applicable copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity and/or other intellectual property law(s). Any unauthorized use of images, logos, trademarks or service marks, displayed on the Services may violate the applicable laws.
- All intellectual property rights such as patents, logos, net domain names, ethical rights, data, supply codes, software, specifications, know how, processes and business strategies (in all cases whether or not registered or unregistered and as well as all rights to use for registration) in and about the Services (including data, Content, material or information displayed on it) are owned by or our licensors and such rights are reserved. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions or our Services grants you, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use the Content except as expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions. Except as mentioned elsewhere in these Terms and Conditions, none of the intellectual property rights that belong to us or our licensors in and about the Services (including data or Content displayed on it) can be used, copied, modified, published, transmitted, sold, excerpted, reverse designed, reproduced, reformatted or distributed by you without our express written consent in each instance.
9. License to Use Your Submissions
10. Exclusions of Liability
- We take all efforts to ensure that the information, material and knowledge on the website are correct and to rectify any errors or omissions as soon as practicable when being notified of them. However, we do not warrant and hereby disclaim any warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy, correctness, reliability, timeliness or non-infringement of any information, material or knowledge contained on the Services which are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- We do not endorse any material information and data submitted or provided by third parties that is presented on the website and you must bear in mind that such information could also be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. We will not be held liable for any knowledge, material or data on the website that has been provided by third parties.
- We aim to give you uninterrupted access to the Services. However, we do not guarantee or warrant that any Content or functions associated with the Services will be uninterrupted or error free, or that defects will be corrected or that the Services and its server will be free of all viruses and/or other harmful elements.
- We are not liable and assume no responsibility for losses or damages of any kind however caused as a result (direct or indirect) of the use or access of, or the inability to use and access the Services, including but not limited to any damage or loss suffered as a result of reliance on the Content, and/or arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions whether in contract, tort or otherwise, even if we have been informed of the possibility of such damage.
- We are not accountable and exclude all liability for any indirect losses or damages suffered or incurred by you or those which were not predictable when you accessed or used the Services. This includes any loss of savings you expect to make, loss of business or business opportunity, loss of profit or revenue or for any loss or damage you may suffer or incur in connection with your use of the Services which was not foreseeable by us when you used the Services.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall limit our liability for personal injury or death, fraud, or for any other liability the exclusion or limitation of which is not permitted by any applicable law or regulation.
- You will be able to apply for a variety of products and services via this Website. The products and services are provided by third parties. You are solely responsible for your choice of product or service. We are not responsible or liable for (directly or indirectly) for any loss or harm you will suffer or incur as a result of any product or service you received and/or purchased in a result of or on the basis of using the Services or for any acts, omissions, errors or defaults of any third party in reference to that product or service. While we aim to provide accurate and up-to-date information for all products featured on the Services, we are not liable and do not assume any responsibility for the accuracy of any information relating to third party products and services on this Website. There may be some discrepancies between the information provided on this Website and the information contained in the third-party service provider’s websites. Please bear in mind that the data and descriptions of products and services on the Services might not represent the entire descriptions of all the options and terms and conditions of these products and services. You need to make sure that you carefully look at all the options and the terms and conditions of any product or service before purchasing it.
- When you purchase an insurance product on the Services, please ensure that all details are correct; under no circumstances will refunds be provided once the insurance certificate has been issued. Neither MGPC nor MHIB will have any liability for refunds once the insurance certificate has been issued. A number of our channels can offer you with access to third party websites who can host reviews concerning a number of the products and services. In some instances, you will even be able to access user reviews directly on the website. The views expressed in third party websites do not represent our views and we will not be accountable for the accuracy or content of any such views or expressions.
11. Third Party Liability
- Our Services may provide you with access to third-party websites. The views expressed in third-party websites do not represent our views and we will not be responsible for the accuracy or content of any such views or expressions. Use of the hyperlinks and access to such linked websites are entirely at your own risk.
- We offer links from this website and from emails sent to you as a part of our service to third parties. Due to this, we tend to mention websites that are operated by third parties that we do not manage. You access and use these third party websites at your risk and your sole discretion. You are entirely liable for any use of those third party websites and for any call to get or refrain from getting any of the products or services on such third party websites.
- Any links to third party websites are provided for your interest and convenience as a user of the Services. We are not accountable for any loss or harm you will suffer or incur as a result of use of any third party websites or for any acts, omissions, errors or defaults of any third party mentioned on this website. . In no circumstances shall we be considered associated or affiliated in whatever manner with any trade or service marks, logos or insignia that appears on such third-party websites.
- The Services are controlled and operated in Philippines. These Terms and Conditions, and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions, will be governed by the laws of Philippines and you irrevocably agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Philippines.
13. Complaint Procedure
- We aim to provide all our customers with a high level of service and satisfaction but if you wish to complain about any aspect of our services with you please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or write to: Salcedo Village, 6th Floor ACT Tower, 135 H.V. Dela Costa, Makati, Metro Manila. For the purposes of handling complaints, our working hours are from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. every Monday to Friday, excluding Public Holidays.
- We cannot answer complaints on behalf of a third-party product or service provider or accept or admit responsibility for any such complaints. We recommend that you visit the website of the product or service provider and follow their complaints procedure if you wish to lodge a complaint with them.