Are you planning to start a new personal project or need assistance with unexpected expenses? With the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) implementing a limit on interest rates imposed on lending companies, your financial goals are within your reach.
Yes, this means you now have a chance to get a loan with providers like Home Credit.
Borrowing can be a huge risk and may take a toll on your budget if you don’t manage your loans well or if you borrow from the wrong lenders. For your immediate cash needs, consider applying for a Home Credit Cash Loan in 2022.
Read on to learn how the Home Credit loan works, if it’s a suitable option for you, and how to apply for it.
Who is Home Credit?
Home Credit Philippines (HCPH) started its operations in 2013 as a consumer finance company. As part of Home Credit Group, HCPH slowly became a popular payment option for big-ticket items like home appliances and gadgets. Since then, the company expanded its operations to include cash loans.
Loans are available to Filipino citizens only, 18 to 68 years old, with stable income as employees, entrepreneurs, self-employed professionals, or pensioners.
Home Credit Philippines offers two types of loans:
- Product/POS loan
- Dedicated cash loans that can be availed via its mobile application, My Home Credit app, and through its partner stores nationwide.
What is Home Credit Product Loan?
Home Credit gained popularity from its core financial product, the product loan. It’s a non-cash loan that allows borrowers to purchase big-ticket items like laptops, cellphones, gadgets, musical instruments, furniture, and home appliances payable via monthly installments.
Anyone can apply for a product loan, even non-credit card owners, making it one of the attractive Buy Now, Pay Later (BNPL) options in the Philippines
Home Credit is a popular payment method for electronics shopping in the Philippines. Its product loan process is straightforward: shop for the item you want, purchase it with the help of a sales agent, wait for the loan decision in less than a minute, make the down payment, bring home your item, and pay the installments every month.
Key Features of Home Credit Product Loan
- Loan amount: Up to ₱60,000 for qualified purchases
- Interest rate: Varies depending on the purchase price, chosen down payment, and chosen repayment term.
- Repayment terms: Loan periods vary from six to 24 months.
- Down payment: There’s no prescribed down payment, but Home Credit recommends paying the highest down payment possible for lighter monthly installments.
- Processing fee: 3% of the loan amount
- Requirements: One valid ID and one supporting ID with home address
- Store availability: Any of Home Credit’s 11,000 partner stores
- Brand availability: Oppo, realme, Acer, Samsung, vivo, etc.
- Partner merchants: Rulls, Abenson, SM Appliances, FC Home Center, and Robinsons Appliances
What is the Home Credit Cash Loan?
Home Credit also provides instant cash loans for any financial need. You can use the loan proceeds for different purposes, such as starting your own business, renovating your home, upgrading your appliances, or paying for your kid's tuition.
It must be noted, though, that the Home Credit Cash Loan is available only to existing Home Credit customers with a good record. If you’ve already used other Home Credit services, see to it that your history with the company is spotless before you apply for this kind of loan.
Key Features of Home Credit Cash Loan in 2022
- Loan amount: ₱3,000 to ₱150,000
- Origination fee: ₱500 (upfront charge for the loan application processing)
- Interest rate: Starts at 1.83% monthly add-on rate for a 12-month loan
- Repayment terms: Six to 60 months
- Requirements: At least one valid ID with current home address and is not expired
What are the Benefits of Home Credit Loans?
Still on the fence about sending that Home Credit loan application? Perhaps knowing its advantages will help you make a decision.
1. Easy Home Credit Requirements
You need only one valid ID to apply for a Home Credit Cash Loan or product loan. You can also improve your chances of approval by presenting any available document that proves your financial capabilities.
2. Quick Approval
As a consumer finance provider, Home Credit can make loan decisions in as fast as 1 minute for both product and cash loans.
Home Credit loans allow you to customize your payment plan. From determining the amount of your down payment to choosing an agreeable repayment term, these features can help anyone with a limited budget to afford a big purchase through monthly installments without using a credit card.
4. Easy Loan Management
Borrowers can download the Home Credit app to help them stay on top of their loans and avoid missing due dates. They can view their loan details, payment schedule and status, and loan offers, among others. They can also chat with a customer rep for any questions and concerns.
5. Early Repayment Option
There are two options for customers who wish to fully pay their Home Credit loan early:
Cooling Off Period: Full Early Repayment (within the first 15 days after signing)
If you decide to pay the loan in full within the first 15 days after the contract signing, you can do so without any fees and interest. To request its processing, call the Home Credit Customer Service Hotline at (02) 7753 5711.
Full Early Repayment (after the first 15 days upon signing)
If you can pay off the Home Credit loan after the first 15 days upon contract signing, you can pay the remaining balance without future interest as long as your account is not past due.
6. Loan Insurance Option
Borrowers can also avail of loan insurance coverage from Sun Life Grepa Financial, Inc. for their Home Credit loans. At the borrower's untimely death, Sun Life will cover 120% of the loan. The beneficiaries won’t be burdened with the outstanding balance, and they may receive an excess cash benefit.
Points to Remember When Applying for a Home Credit Loan
Decided on getting a Home Credit Product or Cash Loan this 2022? Before signing up for one, consider these pointers to ensure that you’ll maximize the benefits of the loan.
1. Interest Rate
Just like other banks and BNPL companies, Home Credit also has interest rates on both its product and cash loan products. The company is regulated by the SEC and the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP), so the interest rates applied to the loans are within the cap implemented by the government regulatory agencies.
You can refer to Home Credit’s loan calculator, but most borrowers reported getting reasonable interest for its loans. It also offers 0% interest on select products, which is also a smart, money-saving way to take advantage of your Home Credit loan.
If you’re expanding your choices, you can explore other loan options using Moneymax’s comparison platform. You can also apply for a loan through it.
Read more: Should I Borrow Money from Private Lenders?
2. Easy Way to Earn Debt
The problem with buying gadgets, appliances, and similar items is that they are depreciating assets, which means they lose their value over time. Usually, the owner isn’t making money out of them, except when buying a phone for business use or a laptop for a side hustle.
If you finance a high-ticket item through a loan, make sure you have enough income to sustain the monthly payments. Otherwise, you’ll find yourself struggling to find ways to repay your installments.
3. Rejection for Delinquent Borrowers
Just like any lender, Home Credit checks the credit history and score of borrowers with the Credit Information Corporation. This means you’re likely to be rejected if you have unpaid loans reflected on your credit report.
4. Consequences of Late Payments
It’s not enough that you pay on the due date itself. Home Credit recommends paying the monthly installments at least three days in advance. Making late payments can lead to extra fees and the possibility of getting declined when you apply for another Home Credit loan.
Some of the penalties include a collection charge of ₱200 plus the following fees, depending on how delayed your payment is:
Late Payment Fees for Product Loan
- Collection charge: ₱200
- Past due for 30 days: ₱400
- Past due for 60 days: ₱600
- Termination fee: 28%
Late Payment Fees for Cash Loans of less than ₱8,000
- Collection charge: ₱200
- Past due for 30 days: ₱400
- Past due for 60 days: ₱600
- Termination fee: 40%
Late Payment Fees for Cash Loans of ₱8,000 and above
- Collection charge: ₱300
- Past due for 30 days: ₱700
- Past due for 60 days: ₱1,000
- Termination fee: 40%
- *Conditional fees and charges are subject to change.
- **Charged at 90 days past due based on the unpaid principal amount
- ***Charged from 120 to 270 days past due based on the unpaid principal amount
How to Apply for a Home Credit Cash Loan in 2022
There are three ways to apply for a Home Credit Cash Loan. Choose the most convenient loan application method for you.
1. My Home Credit App
Step 1: Log in to your app. If you don’t have it on your phone yet, download it via the Google Play Store.
Step 2: Once you’re on the home page, click the Cash Loan banner.
Step 3: Indicate your preferred loan amount and specify the desired number of months for loan repayment. After reviewing the details, tap Continue.
Step 4: You'll be directed to the Home Credit application form. Supply your personal information and have your one valid ID ready.
Step 5: Make sure that all details are correct and accurate. Once you’re good, tap Submit.
Step 6: After one to two minutes of submitting your application, you'll see the status of your application. If your application has been approved, your screen will show the Sign the Contract button.
Step 7: Tap the said button to sign your cash loan contract. Once you’ve signed the contract, you'll receive a text message from Home Credit detailing how you'll claim the loan proceeds.
2. Home Credit Cash Loan Hotlines
You can also apply for a Home Credit Cash Loan via any of its contact numbers:
- (02) 7753 5714 – Telesales Hotline
- 1 800 10 234 3000 – Smart, PLDT, Sun, TNT
- 1 800 8 905 0303 – Globe and TM
Follow the instructions of the telesales agent to finish your Home Credit Cash Loan application. For contract signing, remember the following steps.
Step 1: Wait for the text message that will indicate the status of your application. If your application is approved, the text message will have a link that will direct you to the mobile application or website to sign the contract.
Step 2: Click the link to go to the log-in page of your contract. Once you’re there, type in the Loan Account Number found in the text message. You'll also be required to type in the mobile number that received the text message.
Step 3: After providing the details mentioned in Step 2, click Log In. You'll then be directed to the cash loan contract. Read everything carefully, especially the Terms and Conditions.
Step 4: After reading the contract, click the check box in the Terms and Conditions section. Then, click the Next button.
Step 5: You'll be redirected to another page that requests a One-Time-Password (OTP). Check your cellphone to see if you’ve received the OTP. Type the OTP into the box and then hit the Submit button.
Congratulations, you’ve signed the loan! The next page will show the steps on how you can claim your loan proceeds.
3. Partner Stores
An in-store Home Credit Cash Loan application is also possible. Here are the steps:
Step 1: Choose any of Home Credit’s partner stores.
Step 2: Approach a Home Credit sales associate at the store. If you’ve received a loan offer from Home Credit and you want to use it, show the text message from Home Credit. Don’t forget to bring your two valid IDs.
Step 3: Let the sales associate process your application.
- Easy Guide to Applying for a BPI Personal Loan
- Applying for a Personal Loan? Check Out This PSBank Flexi Loan Guide
How to Claim Your Home Credit Cash Loan Proceeds
Once your Home Credit loan application has been approved, you'll receive a confirmation via text message. You can claim the proceeds of your loan in two easy ways.
1. Bank Transfer
The cash will go straight to the nominated bank account. Check Home Credit’s website to see if your preferred bank is on its list of partners.
2. Claim Cash from Home Credit
Receive your cash at any of Home Credit’s disbursement partners. Bring your valid ID when claiming the money.
Currently, you can go to the following Home Credit disbursement partners when claiming your cash loan:
- Cebuana Lhuillier
- Bayad Center
Important note: The cash loan contract will be canceled if the proceeds aren’t claimed within seven days.
Home Credit Loan Application FAQs
1. How do I send a message to Home Credit?
The fastest way to send a message and get a reply from Home Credit is to use its 24/7 live chat service. Simply go to the Home Credit homepage at www.homecredit.ph and click on "Chat with us." Then select or type the appropriate response to the questions that appear on the chatbox.
Alternatively, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. How to call Home Credit customer service?
If you wish to speak with a customer service representative, you may call (02) 7753-5711 (Globe) or (02) 8424 6611 (PLDT).
3. How will I know if I’m qualified for a Home Credit Cash Loan?
As mentioned, only existing Home Credit customers with good payment standing are eligible for a cash loan. To see if you’re eligible for a Home Credit cash loan offer, download the My Home Credit app via Google Play Store and register.
4. How do I compute the monthly installments on my Home Credit loan?
To know how much you'll be paying monthly on a Home Credit Consumer Loan, use Home Credit's online calculator.
On the Calculator page, select the type of item you want to purchase by clicking the Learn More tab. Then scroll down the page until you find the calculator. Enter the item's price and your cash payment, and then select your preferred length of payment. The Home Credit online calculator will display your monthly installment based on the information you provided.
Note that the Home Credit loan calculator works only for product loans.
5. My Home Credit Cash Loan application was rejected. Can I apply again?
Yes. However, you’re encouraged to wait for an offer from a legit Home Credit representative before applying for a cash loan.
6. Can I apply for another Home Credit loan with an existing loan?
As mentioned, wait for an offer from a legit Home Credit representative before applying for another loan.
If your current loan is fully paid off, you can apply for a new Home Credit loan 48 hours after you paid your last installment.
Also, you may apply again for a cash loan when you receive an offer from Home Credit. Applicants are encouraged to check the latest offers on the My Home Credit app.
- Getting a Citibank Personal Loan? Know Its Application Requirements and Process
- RFC Loan Guide: How to Get an Online Loan from Radiowealth Finance
7. I want to check my remaining balance/months in my account. How should I do that?
There are two ways to stay updated on your account.
There are two ways to stay updated on your account.
Via My Home Credit app
- Access the app and log in to your account.
- Select My Account to view the summary of your account and transactions.
Via My Payment Portal on Home Credit’s website
- Visit the Home Credit website and go to My Payment Portal.
- Look for Sign to My Payment.
- Type in your Loan Account Number and Date of Birth.
- Click Log Me In.
8. Can I settle my payments through direct debit from my bank account?
Yes. You can opt for an Auto Debit Arrangement (ADA) to make your monthly loan payments. Once arranged with your bank, your account will be debited the monthly repayment amount at least three days before the due date.
Approval of your ADA enrollment may take around 15 days from the date of your application. Home Credit customers who enroll via ADA may receive a ₱100 rebate.
Also, you can still pay through other channels even when you’ve already chosen ADA during your Home Credit Cash Loan application. Just make sure to settle your dues before the debiting date.
Should you need to cancel the ADA payment scheme, send an email to email@example.com and provide your details:
- Loan account number
- Full name
- Reason for ADA cancellation
9. What is the Home Credit Borrower Protection Plan?
The Borrower Protection Plan (BPP) is an insurance plan that protects borrowers and their family members in times of medical emergencies, hospitalization, accident, and death.
The package is provided by Sun Life Grepa Financial Inc. and is offered to Home Credit customers who are 18 to 65 years old.
Should you opt to get the BPP, you need to pay the following:
- 0.5% of your monthly payment if your loan amount is less than or equal to ₱25,000
- 0.3% of your monthly payment if your loan amount is more than ₱25,000
10. What is the Creditor Protection Plan?
The Creditor Protection Plan (CPI) is a life insurance coverage that pays for your outstanding loan balance in case of your death. You’ll be covered with as much as the full loan amount for the entire loan term.
For instance, if you borrowed ₱20,000 and your unpaid balance is ₱5,000, your beneficiary will receive ₱15,000 which is excess from the benefit.
11. What are the payment options for Home Credit Loans?
Paying Home Credit installments is as easy as applying for a loan. Just like paying utility bills, the company accepts over-the-counter loan payments at different bills payment centers and remittance centers in the Philippines.
- SM Business Centers and bills payment counters in SM malls
- Bayad Centers
- ECPay outlets (7-Eleven, Shopwise, True Money, RD Pawnshop, etc.)
- Cebuana Lhuillier
- M Lhuillier
Borrowers should make cash payments only at the accredited payment channels listed above, except for RCBC which also allows funds transfer via its ATM and online banking facilities.
You can also use your credit card or debit card to pay for your Home Credit Cash Loan via online Bayad Centers.
When paying your monthly dues, make sure to follow these guidelines:
- Get the correct loan account number. Always have a copy of your loan account number to make sure that your payment will be posted on the right borrower’s contract.
- Pay three days earlier. Payment delays are inevitable. If you pay three days earlier than your due date, you’ll have enough time to have it posted on time and save money from paying penalties.
- Include transaction fees. Home Credit payment partners may charge a minimal processing fee. You may pay ₱15 when you settle your monthly dues via GCash, USSC, Palawan Express, ECPay, Bayad Center, and Cebuana Lhuillier. You’ll pay ₱13 for SM Bills payment transactions.
- Keep your receipts. Your receipts are proof of payments, and they can be used to support claims on unposted payments.
- Review your payment schedule. Payments that aren’t stated in your payment schedule won’t be considered valid. Make sure to pay according to your contract details and payment schedule.
12. What should I do if my payment was not posted?
If you’re sure that you’ve provided all the correct payment details and your payment still hasn’t been posted, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following information:
- Loan account number
- Full name
- Date of payment, payment channel, amount, and other important payment details
- A soft copy of your payment receipt
13. Can I get a discount if I pay my loan in advance?
No. Home Credit doesn’t offer discounts for advance payments.
14. What is the difference between Partial Early Repayment and Full Early Repayment?
You can choose between partial and full early repayment options if you decide to pay off your Home Credit loan ahead of its term-end.
For partial early repayment, insurance and interest fees will be waived for the months paid in advance. However, you should make sure of the following:
- Your contract is already 15 days old from the date of signing
- Your advance payment is good to cover two months of monthly payments. So, if your monthly payment is ₱3,000, you should pay a total of ₱6,000.
For full early repayment, you can pay the full loan amount without the interest. Borrowers can opt for any of the following:
- Pay in full within 15 days after the contract signing - The fees and interest of the loan will be waived.
- Pay in full after 15 days from the date of contract signing - You can pay the outstanding loan balance without future interest, as long as your account is in good standing.
15. My loan is already canceled or terminated. What happens to the excess payments I made?
You should claim your excess payments within 30 days after the loan is canceled or terminated. If you fail to claim the excess payment within the given period, Home Credit will charge a ₱50 maintenance fee until the excess payment becomes zero.
The application for Home Credit Cash Loan in 2022 is easy and hassle-free. Home Credit loans can also help you get out of a tough spot. However, before you apply for any loan, always be mindful and consider how it will affect your finances.
So explore the right loan opportunity for you to maintain your financial health and security, and have financial freedom of choice.
DISCLAIMER: This article was created in partnership with Home Credit Philippines. While we are financially compensated for this collaboration, we ensure to maintain our editorial integrity to provide you with the best recommendations that can help you make smarter financial decisions.