- Government Services
- Quick Guide to SSS Calamity Loan Online
Quick Guide to SSS Calamity Loan Online
Published: November 6, 2020 | Updated: July 23, 2021 | Posted by: Moneymax | Government Services
Published: November 6, 2020
Updated: July 23, 2021
Posted by: Moneymax | Government Services
Due to the rising numbers of COVID-19 cases, the entire Luzon region was put on strict quarantine last March, causing businesses to temporarily shut down and many individuals losing their employment. Indeed, the past few months was challenging financially-speaking. Fortunately, SSS members can apply for an SSS Calamity Loan, a calamity assistance package that provides financial assistance to members affected by the pandemic and other declared calamities in the Philippines. Learn all about this calamity loan below.
Table of Contents
- What is the SSS Calamity Loan?
- Who can avail an SSS Calamity Loan?
- SSS Calamity Loan Requirements
- How much is the SSS Calamity Loan amount?
- How to Apply for the SSS Calamity Loan Online
- SSS Calamity Loan Interest Rate and Fees
- Is the SSS Calamity Loan (CLAP) still available?
- How long is the SSS Calamity Loan Processing Time?
- Where can I pay my SSS Calamity Loan?
- I cannot pay my SSS Loan. What happens next?
- Final Thoughts
What is the SSS Calamity Loan?
Offered by the SSS or Social Security System, the SSS Calamity Assistance Program (CLAP) is for calamity-stricken members who are in need of financial aid. Below are the features and fees of this loan assistance program.
- Loan amount: Up to PHP 20,000 depending on your average monthly salary credit
- Interest rate: 10% but was recently reduced to 6% per annum
- Payment term: 24 months. The SSS, however, extended the SSS calamity loan payment term to 27 months. This means that loan payments will start on the fourth month after the date of loan approval.
- Service fee: 1% to be deducted from the total loan proceeds
Get back to the main article: 10 Helpful SSS Benefits You Might Not Know Of
Who can avail an SSS Calamity Loan?
Below is the SSS calamity loan eligibility criteria. Make sure you qualify before applying for the calamity loan:
- Must be a Philippine resident
- Location is in an area under the State of Calamity
- Has paid at least 36 months of SSS contributions
- Has paid at least six months of SSS contributions within the last 12 months before the month of the calamity loan application
- Member has not availed of retirement, disability, or death benefits from the SSS
- No outstanding balance in the SSS Loan Restructuring Program or Calamity Loan Assistance Program
SSS Calamity Loan Requirements
- Accomplished CLAP Form
- Barangay Certification
- Two valid IDs (UMID, Passport, Driver’s License, PhilHealth ID, TIN ID, etc.)
- Documents stating your area is under the state of calamity
Note: Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, the SSS calamity loan is now available to all SSS members nationwide, according to SSS President and CEO Aurora Ignacio. Also, the agency is no longer requiring applicants to submit documents proving that their location is under the state of calamity.
How much is the SSS Calamity Loan amount?
The SSS calamity loan amount is equal to one-month salary credit (MSC), based on your average MSCs in the last 12 months. It may also be equal to the amount you requested in your application, whichever of the two is lower.
How to Apply for the SSS Calamity Loan Online
Typically, you need to go your nearest SSS branch to submit your loan application. Now you can file your SSS calamity loan application online through the My.SSS web portal at www.sss.gov.ph.
Follow these steps to apply for the SSS calamity loan online:
- Visit the My.SSS web portal and login to your member account
- On your dashboard, tap on “E-services”
- Select “Apply for Calamity Loan”
- Fill in the required details and click “Submit”
- Wait for your loan application to be processed
SSS Calamity Loan Interest Rate and Fees
- Interest rate: 6% per annum starting on the fourth month
- Amortization period: 24 months (27 months with the latest calamity loan program)
- Advanced interest: Not charged on the loan
- Late payment penalty: 1% of outstanding balance
- Service fee: 1% of the total loan proceed amount
Is the SSS Calamity Loan (CLAP) still available?
The deadline for the latest CLAP was in September 14, 2020. According to the SSS, they will soon announce to the public if a new calamity loan package will be available for its members. In the meantime, if your area was recently affected by a calamity, you can still proceed with your SSS calamity loan application.
How long is the SSS Calamity Loan Processing Time?
It usually takes three to five working days for the SSS to process a calamity loan. You can receive the proceeds through the following channels:
- Via check: Your bank check will be delivered to your preferred mailing address.
- Active UMID-ATM: You can automatically receive your loan amount in your active SSS UMID account.
- UnionBank Quick cards: The proceeds will be in your UBP Quick Card in three to five working days after loan approval.
- PESONet-accredited banks: You can get your proceeds within one to two working days after approval.
Where can I pay my SSS Calamity Loan?
The calamity loan is payable through salary deduction. You can also pay for it in any SSS branch, an SSS-accredited bank, or an SSS authorized payment center. The payment deadline is on or before the last day of the month. However, if the payment deadline falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or holiday, you should make your loan payment on the next working day.
I cannot pay my SSS Loan. What happens next?
If you fail to pay your outstanding calamity loan balance, SSS will deduct the remaining amount (with an interest and penalty fee) from other SSS benefits you intend to claim in the future.
- For employed members: the outstanding balance will be deducted from final SSS benefits (total disability, retirement, death benefits)
- For self-employed or voluntary members: the outstanding balance will be deducted from short-term benefits (sickness, maternal, partial disability benefits) or final SSS benefits.
Read more related articles:
- SSS Unemployment Benefits: Cash Benefit for SSS Members
- Quick Guide to Applying for an SSS Salary Loan Online
- 3 Simple Ways to Check Your SSS Contributions Online
The SSS calamity loan aims to ease financial burdens caused by a calamity like the COVID-19 pandemic. Applying for the financial assistance has become easier since you can now do it online. Make sure to have all the requirements when applying for this SSS loan.
-  SSS receives 346K applications for Covid-related loans (Moaje, Philippine News Agency, 2020)
-  Calamity Loan Assistance Program Form
Compare the best deals in just one minute!
Never miss out on promos and finance tips!
Subscribe to the Moneymax newsletter
Dont worry, we take data privacy very seriously