How to Use ShopeePay: A Guide for First-Time Users
Published: September 6, 2021 | Updated: September 9, 2021 | Posted by: Ricky Publico | Personal Finance
The concept of shopping at Shopee is already convenient as it is. You order from an online store, you pay, and you receive your item. Easy!
However, we’re in the new normal where contactless payments are encouraged. Shopee’s answer to that? More convenience, thanks to ShopeePay.
Shopee’s new mobile wallet adds to the extensive list of convenient payment options in the Philippines. Aside from encouraging minimal contact, it’s also a fast and convenient way to pay for all your Shopee purchases. Especially when it comes to checking out all the items in your cart from the Shopee 9.9 sale and all other major sales on Shopee for that matter!
Find out more about how to use this mobile wallet in this guide.
Table of Contents
- What is ShopeePay?
- Is ShopeePay Safe to Use?
- How to Activate ShopeePay
- How to Verify Your ShopeePay Account
- How to Change Your Shopee Username
- How to Top Up ShopeePay
- How to Use ShopeePay to Pay for Your Order
- How to Use ShopeePay to Transfer Money to Other Users
- How to Withdraw Money with ShopeePay
- Final Thoughts
What is ShopeePay?
ShopeePay is Shopee’s mobile wallet regulated by the Banko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP). It’s the rebranded version of Shopee’s initial attempt at entering the mobile wallet market, only with more useful features for shoppers and sellers alike.
How Does ShopeePay Work?
With ShopeePay, you can store money from your top-ups or refunds and then use it to pay for your next Shopee purchases via the Shopee app or Shopee website. Sometimes, you can also use ShopeePay to pay for Offline Deals. You can also enjoy discounts and promotions when you pay via ShopeePay.
What Can I Do with ShopeePay?
If you’re an avid Shopee shopper, ShopeePay is definitely a must-have. Here are just some ShopeePay benefits you can enjoy.
- Convenient shopping. As a way to encourage contactless payments, the mobile wallet aims to provide a more seamless shopping experience to online shoppers.
- Online security features. You can set up a passcode to lock your wallet or use your fingerprint to access and verify your purchases.
- Withdraw money. By linking your bank account, you can use ShopeePay to withdraw money from your mobile wallet. Only a handful of mobile wallets have this feature.
- Transfer money to other ShopeePay wallets. Unlike Lazada Wallet, you can transfer money to other ShopeePay wallets in just a few taps.
- Access exclusive promos and vouchers. From big discounts to free shipping vouchers, using ShopeePay for your online shopping fee will surely pay off in the long run.
- Lazada vs Shopee: Which is the Better Online Shopping Site?
- Complete Guide to Lazada Wallet for Online Shoppers
ShopeePay vs. Shopee Wallet
The main difference between ShopeePay and Shopee Wallet is the ability to top up on the former. Basically, it’s an upgraded version of Shopee Wallet, packed with features that makes ShopeePay a full-fledged mobile wallet that can rival existing mobile wallets in the Philippines.
Now that Shopee Wallet is phased out, all refunds and seller proceeds will be credited to ShopeePay. It has a separate Seller Balance section where sellers can track and manage their proceeds.
ShopeePay Transaction Limits
The mobile wallet also has specific transaction limits. Here are the ShopeePay limits you need to remember.
- Monthly Inflow pertains to the amount that goes into your account via top up or refund within a calendar month.
- Balance pertains to the amount of money in your ShopeePay account at any given time.
- Daily Purchase pertains to the total pay-by-wallet transactions within a calendar day.
|User Type||Monthly Inflow Limit||Balance Limit||Daily Purchase Limit|
|Non-Verified Account (Basic)||PHP 50,000||PHP 50,000||PHP 50,000|
|Verified Account (Premium)||PHP 100,000||PHP 100,000||PHP 50,000|
Is ShopeePay Safe to Use?
Yes, ShopeePay is a secure e-wallet that allows you to pay for your Shopee purchases quickly and easily. It has a face ID and fingerprint scan feature that you can activate for added security.
But, of course, all these security features will be for nothing if you don’t take steps to protect your own account. So here are a few reminders to ensure a safe online shopping experience each time.
- Never share your login details and ShopeePay PIN with anyone. Always keep your personal information private.
- Don’t save or store your Shopee login credentials on your phone or computer.
- Change your Shopee password or PIN regularly, and go for not so obvious passwords, like nicknames, birthdays, pet names, etc.
- Make sure that you’re on the right Shopee website.
How to Activate ShopeePay
- From the Shopee dashboard, tap Me on the bottom right corner.
- Tap ShopeePay and tap Set Up ShopeePay on the next screen.
- Enter your full name, tick the Terms and Conditions box, and tap next.
- Create a six-digit passcode and tap Done.
- Confirm if you want to use your fingerprint to access.
- Once you’re done, you’ll be directed to the ShopeePay dashboard.
How to Verify Your ShopeePay Account
Verifying your account is optional. You can top up your account and use it to pay for your purchases as is. But if you want to access other features like cash transfer and withdrawal, follow these steps.
- From the ShopeePay dashboard, tap Settings on the upper right corner.
- Tap ID Verification in the next screen.
- Enter all the necessary information and attach a photo of a valid ID and a photo of you holding a valid ID.
- Tick the Terms and Conditions box before submitting your requirements.
- Wait for at least two business days for Shopee to confirm your account.
How to Change Your Shopee Username
Is it possible to change your Shopee username? Yes! But note that you’re allowed to change your Shopee username only once every 30 days. Doing so will also change your Shopee account or shop’s URL.
Your Shopee username must be at least five characters (a combination of numbers, letters, underscores, or dots) and must not exceed 30 characters.
There are also some keywords that you can’t use because they’re reserved only for Shopee Mall brands.
Steps to Change Your Shopee Username
- On your Shopee app, go to Me and then scroll down to Account Settings.
- Tap on My Profile. You’ll see the Edit Profile page.
- Tap Username and type in your new username. You now have a new username.
How to Top Up ShopeePay
Now it’s time to fund your next online shopping purchase. There are various ways to top up your Shopee account, all of which are rather easy to follow. We’ve also included the ShopeePay top up fee for some of these options.
- From the ShopeePay dashboard, tap Top Up.
- Choose an amount or enter the exact amount you want to top up.
- Tap the Payment right below the Input Amount section.
- Choose a payment option and tap Confirm.
- Tap Pay Now to receive further instructions.
- After paying the top up amount, check your new balance.
- GCash – minimum of PHP 50
- Coins.ph – minimum of PHP 50
Online Banking Options
- BPI ExpressOnline/Mobile – PHP 25 additional charge
- BDO Internet Banking – minimum top up of PHP 100, accessible between 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Unionbank Online
- RCBC AccessOne – PHP 5 additional charge
- Metrobank Direct – accessible between 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Landbank ATM Online – PHP 10 additional charge, accessible between 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- PNB Online – accessible between 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Robinson’s Bank Online – accessible between 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- UCPB Connect – accessible between 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Chinabank Online – accessible between 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Payment Center Options
- Bayad Center – open daily from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- 7-Eleven CLiQQ – open daily
- M Lhuillier – open daily from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with additional charges
- Cebuana Lhuillier – open daily, business hours may vary
- Palawan Pawnshop – open daily from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (maximum of PHP 20,000)
- RD Pawnshop – open daily from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (maximum of PHP 20,000)
- SM Bills Payment – open daily from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Robinson’s Department Store – open daily from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- ECPay Kiosks – open daily from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- LBC Bills Payment – open daily from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. (except outlets inside malls)
Over-the-Counter (OTC) Options
- BDO OTC – open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with PHP 25 charge
- BPI OTC – open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with PHP 100 charge
- Metrobank OTC – open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. with PHP 50 charge
- Chinabank OTC – open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- PNB OTC – open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- RCBC OTC – open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Unionbank OTC – open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- AUB OTC – open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Robinson’s Bank OTC – open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Landbank OTC – open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. with PHP 50 charge
- Security Bank OTC – open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with PHP 50 charge
- UCPB OTC – open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with PHP 25 charge
Note: Schedules may differ due to the government-implemented community quarantine. This information serves as a reference only.
How to Use ShopeePay to Pay for Your Order
Once your account is all juiced up, it’s time to shop! Don’t forget to set ShopeePay as your default payment method for a more seamless shopping experience.
- From the Checkout screen, tap Payment Option.
- Choose ShopeePay as your preferred payment method and tap Confirm.
- Once you place your order, the amount will be deducted from your current balance.
How to Use ShopeePay to Transfer Money to Other Users
If you have verified your account, you can now transfer money to other ShopeePay users. Here’s how to do it.
- From the ShopeePay dashboard, tap Transfer.
- You can either use the recipient’s registered phone number or Shopee username.
- Enter the phone number or username and enter the amount to transfer.
- Enter your ShopeePay PIN to verify the transfer.
- Check your new balance.
How to Withdraw Money with ShopeePay
You can also withdraw money from your verified account. You need to link a bank account first before you can use this feature. Here’s how you can do so.
- From the ShopeePay dashboard, tap Withdrawal.
- A prompt will tell you that you need to link a bank account. Tap Add.
- Tap Add a Bank Account on the next screen.
- Enter the bank account’s full name, account number, and bank name before tapping Next.
- Confirm your banking details and tap Done.
- Enter your PIN to confirm your bank account.
- Once you’re done, you’ll be sent back to the dashboard.
- From there, tap Withdrawal once again.
- Select your linked bank account, enter the amount, and tap Next.
- Check the transaction details before tapping Confirm.
- Enter your PIN to confirm the withdrawal.
- Wait for two to three days for your withdrawal to reflect on your bank account.
The cashless revolution in the Philippines continues with the introduction of ShopeePay. Mobile wallets will continue to be the new trend, so you better get used to the idea.
Now that you know how to use ShopeePay, isn’t it worth trying? It can definitely improve your shopping experience.
-  Shopee free shipping vouchers
-  How to make sure your ID is approved for ShopeePay verification?
Ricky is the zaniest Senior Content Writer at Moneymax, with over five years of writing experience in the digital marketing industry. He is a huge fan of pro wrestling, smartphones, and binge-watching. Follow Ricky on LinkedIn.