The concept of shopping at Shopee is already convenient as it is. You simply order from an online store and wait to receive your item. Easy!
Payments, however, can be a bit of a hassle sometimes. Who else scrambles for exact change every time the courier arrives?
With ShopeePay, Shopee’s mobile wallet, you can quickly and conveniently pay for all your Shopee purchases—especially during the big double-double and payday sales! Learn how to use ShopeePay in this guide.
What is ShopeePay?
ShopeePay is Shopee’s mobile wallet regulated by the Banko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP). Users can make cashless payments with ShopeePay. But it’s more than just a mobile wallet—it also offers useful features for shoppers and sellers alike.
How Does ShopeePay Work?
With ShopeePay, you can store money via top-ups or refunds, then use it to pay for your next Shopee purchases. Sometimes, you can also use ShopeePay to pay for Offline Deals.
What Can I Do with ShopeePay?
If you’re an avid Shopee user, ShopeePay is a must-have. Here are some ShopeePay benefits you can enjoy:
- Convenient shopping. The mobile wallet provides a more seamless shopping experience to online shoppers.
- Online security features. Set up a passcode to lock your wallet or use your biometrics to access and verify your purchases.
- Withdraw money. By linking your bank account, you can use ShopeePay to withdraw money from your mobile wallet.
- Transfer money. Transfer money to other ShopeePay wallets in just a few taps. You can also make fund transfers to other bank accounts and e-wallets.
- Pay bills. Pay bills without ever having to leave your house and queue for hours with this handy feature from ShopeePay.
- Buy load and data. Running out of load or data? You can conveniently buy more with ShopeePay.
- Use your phone to pay at physical stores. Scan the ShopeePay partner merchant's QR code to pay for your offline purchases.
- Access exclusive promos and vouchers. Use ShopeePay for your online shopping sprees to enjoy big discounts, cashback, and free shipping vouchers.
- Lazada vs Shopee: Which is the Better Online Shopping Site?
- Complete Guide to Lazada Wallet for Online Shoppers
ShopeePay vs. Shopee Wallet
The main difference between ShopeePay and Shopee Wallet is the ability to top up on the former. ShopeePay is an upgraded version of Shopee Wallet, packed with features that make ShopeePay a full-fledged mobile wallet that can rival existing mobile wallets in the Philippines.
Instead of Shopee Wallet, all refunds are now credited to ShopeePay. ShopeePay also has a separate Seller Balance section where sellers can track and manage their proceeds.
ShopeePay Transaction Limits
The mobile wallet has specific transaction limits. Here are the ShopeePay limits you need to remember:
|User Type||Balance Limit||Purchase Limit|
Is ShopeePay Safe to Use?
Yes, ShopeePay is a secure e-wallet that allows you to pay for your Shopee purchases quickly and easily. You can activate the face ID and fingerprint scan feature for added security.
But, of course, all these security features will be for nothing if you don't take steps to protect your own account. Here are a few reminders to ensure a safe online shopping experience:
- Never share your login details and ShopeePay PIN with anyone. Always keep your personal information private.
- Don't save or store your Shopee login credentials on your phone or computer.
- Change your Shopee password or PIN regularly, and go for not-so-obvious passwords, like nicknames, birthdays, pet names, etc.
- Make sure you're on the right Shopee app or website.
How to Set Up or Activate Your ShopeePay Wallet
- From the Shopee dashboard, tap Me on the bottom right corner.
- Tap ShopeePay and tap Set Up ShopeePay on the next screen.
- Enter all the required details. Tap confirm.
- Create a six-digit passcode.
- Confirm if you want to use your fingerprint or face ID to access it.
- Once you’re done, you’ll be directed to the ShopeePay dashboard.
How to Verify Your ShopeePay Account
You can top up your account and use it to pay for your purchases as is. But if you want to access other features like cash transfer and withdrawal, follow these steps to verify your account.
- From the ShopeePay dashboard, tap the gear icon in the upper right corner.
- Tap Identity Verification on the next screen.
- Enter all the necessary information and attach a photo of a valid ID and a photo of you holding a valid ID.
- Tick the Terms and Conditions before submitting your requirements.
- Wait for Shopee to verify your account.
How to Change Your Shopee Username
Is it possible to change your Shopee username? Yes! But note that this is only applicable to users with an auto-generated username. This will also change your Shopee account or shop's URL.
Your Shopee username must be at least five characters (a combination of numbers, letters, underscores, or dots) and must not exceed 30 characters. There are also some keywords that you can't use because they're reserved for Shopee Mall brands.
Steps to Changing Your Shopee Username
- On your Shopee app, go to Me. Click the gear icon and scroll down to Account & Security.
- Under My Profile, tap Username. Type in your new username.
How to Top Up Your ShopeePay Account
Now it’s time to fund your next online shopping purchase. There are various ways to top up your Shopee account, all of which are easy enough. If you're wondering if it's possible to top up from Paypal to ShopeePay, it isn't, unfortunately. However, you have plenty of other options:
- From the ShopeePay dashboard, tap Cash In.
- Select your preferred payment option.
- Choose an amount or enter the exact amount you want to top up.
- Tap Pay Now to receive further instructions.
- After paying the top-up amount, check your new balance.
Online Banking Options
- BPI Online
- Unionbank Online
- RCBC Online Banking - ₱5 additional charge
- Metrobank Direct - Accessible between 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Landbank ATM Online - ₱10 additional charge, accessible between 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- PNB Online - Accessible between 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Robinson’s Bank Online - Accessible between 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- UCPB Connect - Accessible between 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Chinabank Online - ₱15 additional charge
- Bank of Commerce - ₱10 additional charge
Payment Center Options
- 7-Eleven CLiQQ - Open daily
- M Lhuillier - Open Monday to Sunday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; with additional charges
- Cebuana Lhuillier - Open Monday to Sunday, business hours may vary
- Palawan Pawnshop - Open Monday to Sunday; maximum of ₱20,000
- RD Pawnshop - Open Monday to Sunday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; maximum of ₱20,000
- SM Bills Payment - Open Monday to Sunday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Robinson’s Department Store - Open Monday to Sunday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- ECPay Kiosks - Open Monday to Sunday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Over-the-Counter (OTC) Options
- BDO OTC - Open Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; with ₱25 charge
- BPI OTC - Open Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; with ₱100 charge
- Metrobank OTC - Open Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.; with ₱50 charge
- Chinabank OTC - Open Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; with ₱50 charge
- PNB OTC - Open Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- RCBC OTC - Open Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Unionbank OTC - Open Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- AUB OTC - Open Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Robinson’s Bank OTC - Open Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Landbank OTC - Open Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.; with ₱50 charge
- Security Bank OTC - Open Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; with ₱50 charge
- UCPB OTC - Open Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; with ₱25 charge
Note: Schedules may differ. This information serves as a reference only.
How to Use ShopeePay to Pay for Your Order
Once your account is all juiced up, it’s time to shop! Don’t forget to set ShopeePay as your default payment method for a more seamless shopping experience.
- From the Checkout screen, tap Payment Option.
- Choose ShopeePay as your preferred payment method and tap Confirm.
- Once you place your order, the amount will be deducted from your current balance.
How to Use ShopeePay to Transfer Money to Other Users
If you've verified your account, you can now transfer money to other ShopeePay users. Here’s how to do it.
- From the ShopeePay dashboard, tap Send Money.
- You can use the recipient’s registered phone number, Shopee username, bank account, e-wallet, or QR code.
- Enter the details and the amount to transfer.
- Enter your ShopeePay PIN to verify the transfer.
- Check your new balance.
How to Withdraw Money with ShopeePay
You can also withdraw money from your verified account. Here’s how you can do so:
- From the ShopeePay dashboard, tap Bank Transfer.
- Type in the correct bank account details. Tap Next.
- Type in the bank transfer amount. Tap Next.
- Confirm all the details and click Send Money Now. Enter your ShopeePay PIN.
- Wait for the money to reflect in your bank account.
Now that you know how to use ShopeePay, isn't it worth trying out? With all the convenience and perks it offers, going cashless with ShopeePay can definitely improve your shopping experience.
The cashless revolution in the Philippines continues with ShopeePay. As mobile wallets continue to ramp up with new features, take advantage of the benefits.