The pandemic definitely put our plans to travel and explore the world on hold. But as the vaccination drives in the country resulted in 63 million vaccinated Filipinos, travel restrictions are now easing and more countries are opening their doors to welcome tourists. With that, you might need some recommendations on the best family holiday destinations in the world to kickstart your travel plans this year.
Going on a trip with the family is always a rewarding and memorable experience. And if you’re looking at touring out of the country soon, you should know where to take your loved ones. After all, the best family holiday destinations in the world are now within your reach. Sit back, read on, and allow us to help you plan.
Table of Contents
Best Family Holiday Destinations in the World
What’s the best place in the world for kids? Where should you go on vacation with your family? Depending on the country you want to visit, there are destinations that cater to tourists of all ages. Let’s find out and unveil treasures in some of the world’s greatest tourist destinations.
Where in Australia, specifically? You can start with beautiful Canberra, which lies between Sydney and Melbourne. Its cultural treasures and natural wonders make it one of the best family holiday destinations in the world.
Where to Go in Canberra
- Lake Burley Griffin – If you want to go walking, biking, and strolling in a picturesque setting, visit Lake Burley Griffin. It’s an artificial lake graced by a 147-meter-high fountain called Captain Cook Memorial Jet. Kids can also enjoy the waterfalls, paddling areas, amphitheater, and play areas.
- National Gallery of Australia – Situated on the shores of Lake Burley Griffin, this gallery hosts the largest art collection in the country.
- Questacon (National Science and Technology Center) – This is an interactive tourist destination perfect for every family trip. You and your kids can try do-it-yourself experiments and hands-on science displays that will satisfy every child’s curiosity.
- National Botanic Gardens – Plantitos and plantitas will definitely have fun exploring this 50-hectare garden spanning across the Black Mountain. While your kids run wild amidst the lush Australian flora, they can also look for rare water dragons hiding among the lush foliage.
You can also venture into the wild side of Australia by heading down on a jungle-themed tour in Cairns. This is one of the top vacation ideas for families who want to try something new or would like to cross out an item on their bucket list together.
Cairns Canyoning Adventure offers fascinating lectures on safaris and hidden gems while providing sporty and fun-filled activities such as ziplining, rock climbing, water rafting, and much more.
Travel Restrictions in Australia
Since February 2022, Australia has welcomed all visa holders, including travelers for business and leisure. Passengers traveling by air should complete the Digital Passenger Declaration, which can be completed within seven days before the flight. Moreover, passengers should comply with Australia’s vaccination requirements:
- Fully vaccinated for international travel purposes
- Two doses taken at least 14 days apart of any of the following:
- AstraZeneca Covishield
- Pfizer/Biontech Comirnaty
- Moderna Spikevax or Takeda
- Sinovac Coronavac
- Bharat Biotech Covaxin
- Gamaleya Research Institute Sputnik V
- Novavax/Biocelect Nuvaxovid
- Sinopharm BBIBP-CorV; or
- One dose of Johnson & Johnson or Janssen-Cilag COVID Vaccine
2. South Korea
Needless to say, South Korea has many beautiful cities that can accommodate your family trip. It’s definitely one of the best family holiday destinations in the world. And good news for Filipinos: South Korea is also gradually opening its doors to tourists after the COVID-19 lockdowns.
Where to Go in South Korea
Whether you’re traveling with kids or not, South Korea’s beautiful cities will let you experience the tasty cuisines, beautiful sceneries, and rich history.
- Seoul – A vibrant city teeming with ancient history, Seoul is South Korea’s hub for ultra-modern technology and design. Bukchon Hanok Village is a hearth for Korean architecture and culture. You and your family can also get a spectacular view of the city when you get to South Korea’s tallest building known as the Lotte World Tower skyscraper.
- Jinhae – It’s a town of around 200,000 people and is home to both old and new things. The Jinhae NFRDI Environment Eco-Park is stunning with plenty of cherry blossom trees.
- Boseong – The tea capital of South Korea, Boseong is home to traditional terraced farmlands with a 1,600-year history.
- Jeju Island – Experience a totally new planet inside Jeju’s high-established Aqua Park. Not only can you discover various never-before-seen sea animals such as whale-dolphin hybrids, minke whales, and vampire squids. You can also observe majestic animal shows.
Travel Restrictions in South Korea
South Korea implements four levels of social distancing, and people are still required to wear masks at all times. You may also need to present a negative RT-PCR test conducted by any DOH-accredited laboratories valid within 48 hours before departure. Also, travelers who received their second dose of vaccine more than 80 days before their travel must have their booster shot.
It’s undoubtedly one of the best family holiday destinations in the world. And although some of its locals seem to not be ready for it yet, Japan’s doors will soon be opening for tourism.
Where to Go in Japan
The best time to go on a family trip and visit Japan is from March to May. But you can still have a colorful experience if you visit from September to November.
- Tokyo – This city boasts world-class attractions and anime culture that also makes it impossible to miss when you’re in the country. Tokyo’s one of the best family holiday destinations in the world, with Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea as its top attractions.
- Osaka – Get one of the best shopping experiences in Osaka. This city is filled with incredible food, shopping arcades, and nightlife hotspots. While in Osaka, visit Universal Studios Japan, Osaka Castle, Dotonbori, Kaiyukan Aquarium, and the Hozenji Temple.
- Hakuba – Japan’s ultimate wonderland is Hakuba. This city is a refuge for those who love adventures. When in Hakuba, enjoy winter sports like skiing and snowboarding.
- Osaka – Unleashing the competitive side of each family member, Akiba Kart Race is a definite must-try for both kids and adults. Speed your way to different sightseeing streets such as Osaka Castle, Tsutenkaku Tower, and other busy shopping districts in Japan. All while wearing cute costumes that’ll make you feel like you’re in a real-life Mario Kart game.
Travel Restrictions in Japan
Japan is yet to issue its travel restrictions and requirements when it opens this June. However, you may want to consider preparing the following:
- Certificate of Testing for Covid 19 or Certificate of Inspection which should be issued within 72 hours before departure
- RT-PCR Test with negative result valid within 72 hours before departure
Going on a trip with the family and choosing the right destination might not be easy. But if you want to experience riding a camel in the desert or swimming with dolphins then relaxing afterward in world-class hotels, then visit Dubai.
Where to Go in Dubai
Is Dubai one of the best family holiday destinations in the world? Yes, because there are lots of places to go and plenty of things to do in Dubai.
- Burj Khalifa – Dubai’s tallest landmark is also the tallest building in the world. At 829.8 meters, the Burj Khalifa gives you a chance to view the desert on one side and the ocean on the other.
- Dubai Aquarium – Dubai also allows you to experience the underwater world through the Dubai Aquarium. It’s a huge suspended tank under the Dubai Mall and is home to 140 sea species.
- Souks of Deira – A souk is an Arab market, and Deira’s Gold Souk is considered the world’s largest gold bazaar.
Travel Restrictions in Dubai
From February 2022, visitors to Dubai are required to comply with one of the following requirements:
- Valid vaccination certificate or ID indicating that the traveler has been vaccinated with a vaccine approved by the World Health Organization
- Negative COVID-19 test certificate issued within 48 hours by health authorities with QR codes
- Valid medical certificate showing that the traveler has recovered from COVID-19 with a one-month interval from the date of recovery to the date of arrival in Dubai
Its varied charms make this enchanting little island worthy of its spot as one of the best family holiday destinations in the world. From hawker centers to century-old temples, Singapore is one complete leisure package for every Filipino traveler.
Where to Go in Singapore:
Singapore’s tropical weather and child-friendly tourist spots are best for the family. Make sure to check out the following places.
- Singapore Zoo – Also known as the Mandai Wildlife Reserve, the Singapore Zoo is a perfect place to introduce 2,800 animals to your kids. A mesmerizing attraction on its own, you and your family can also explore the Night and River Safaris nearby.
- Universal Studios Singapore – The first theme park of its kind in Southeast Asia, Universal Studios offers attractions that let you experience the world of movie magic.
- Sentosa Island – Looking for the best beaches and resorts? Head to Sentosa Island where you can find the Sentosa Merlion, Resorts World Sentosa, and iFly Singapore.
Travel Restrictions in Singapore:
Fully vaccinated travelers can enjoy a quarantine-free visit to Singapore. You may only need to present your proof of vaccination. All travelers should also register to the TraceTogether mobile app.
Other Destinations for Your Family Trip
What if the best family holiday destinations in the world don’t suit your interests or your budget? Don’t fret, because there are other tourist spots around the world where you and your family can still enjoy the best experiences.
Taiwan: Tamsui Beach Horse Riding Experience
Who doesn’t love a family beach trip? Taiwan may not be known for its fresh water and sandy beaches, but Shalun Beach is definitely a favorite hidden sandy paradise. Catch glimpses of Japanese colonial influences and western-style architecture at nearby residences. Elevate your regular sunset watching with this horseback ride activity. Lastly, ride into the glorious sunset and take in the romantic environment at your ideal pace.
Book a ticket to LEGOLAND, Asia’s bright and blocky LEGO theme park! Get your adrenaline starting by riding the fire-breathing Dragon Roller Coaster. Then visit a whimsical make-believe princess castle. Finally, feel refreshed after a long walk under the sun by sliding down a flume ride inside the water park. Definitely one of the best vacation ideas for the young and the young at heart.
Read more: Should You Get a Personal Loan to Travel?
The best family holiday destinations in the world are waiting for you. As you book your trip, consider not only the best experiences you can give your loved ones, but also the time and memories you can all weave together.
You deserve to travel and explore the world again. But travel safely by following all the travel and safety guidelines of the countries you’ll be visiting. Moreover, get added protection for yourself and your family by getting travel insurance coverage.
-  Opinion: Is The Pandemic Ending Soon? (WHO International, 2022)
-  Vaccination Requirements (Australian Government Department of Home Affairs, 2022)
-  South Korea Travel Requirements (Philippine Airlines, 2022)
-  Japan Is Set To Open Its Doors In June, But Some Locals Aren’t Happy About It (CNBC, 2022)
-  Tourists Travelling To, From, And Through Dubai (Emirates, 2022)
-  TraceTogether
With a goal to help Filipinos lead healthier financial lives, Moneymax regularly publishes tips and tricks on personal finance and lifestyle, among many other topics. For more finance-related news and articles, follow Moneymax on Linkedin.