- Personal Finance
- BPI Online Banking Guide: How to Register, Send Money, Pay Bills, and More
BPI Online Banking Guide: How to Register, Send Money, Pay Bills, and More
Published: April 21, 2020 | Updated: January 12, 2022 | Posted by: Venus Zoleta | Personal Finance
Published: April 21, 2020
Updated: January 12, 2022
Posted by: Venus Zoleta | Personal Finance
For a more seamless and secure online banking experience, BPI rolled out new features and updates on its website and mobile app in 2019. The online platforms both sport a new look as well.
Now re-branded as BPI Online (after being known as BPI Express Online Banking for a long time), this e-banking service has seen a surge in transactions during the enhanced community quarantine, the government’s measure to contain COVID-19 infections in the Philippines.
In fact, BPI Online transactions—including bills payments, money transfers, and e-commerce payments—increased by 25% just within the first two weeks of the lockdown. This trend might continue post-lockdown. Experts say the threat of Coronavirus is here to stay, so we might as well get used to doing banking online.
If you’re a BPI account holder, here’s your guide to making transactions using the BPI Mobile app.
Table of Contents
- BPI Online Banking Registration
- New BPI Account Enrollment
- How to Check Your Balance via BPI Online
- BPI Online Money Transfer Service
- BPI Online Bills Payment
- BPI Online Banking Security Tips
- Final Thoughts
BPI Online Banking Registration
You can transact with BPI Online through your own account. If you don’t have an online account with BPI yet, here’s how to register through the BPI Mobile app.
How to Create a BPI Online Account
- Download and open the BPI Mobile app.
- Tap the Login button.
- Select “Register Now.”
- Tap “Get Started.”
- Provide the required information for verifying your identity:
- BPI product type (Deposit/Credit Card/Consumer Loan)
- Account number
- Enter the captcha code. Tap “Next.”
- Create a username and password for your BPI Online account. The password should have at least eight characters, one lowercase letter, one uppercase letter, one number, and one special character.
- Re-type the password. Tap “Next.”
- Enter your email address twice.
- Read and agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Tap the “Yes, send me the code” button to receive your one-time PIN (OTP).
- Enter the OTP sent to your mobile number. Tap the Submit button. A notification confirming the successful creation of your BPI Online account will appear.
New BPI Account Enrollment
If you have more than one BPI account, it’s convenient to manage your different bank accounts using BPI Online. To get started, you need to enroll your additional account online—no need to go to the bank for your account enrollment.
How to Add an Account to BPI Online
- Go to the BPI Online website and log in to your account.
- Click on “Other Services” > “Manage My Accounts.”
- Click on “Yes, send me the code” to receive your OTP via SMS.
- Enter your six-digit OTP. Click the Submit button.
- Select the BPI account you wish to add. Click the Save button. The additional BPI account will appear in your account when you check it on the BPI Mobile app.
How to Check Your Balance via BPI Online
No need to leave your home when you need to know how much balance you have in your BPI account.
It takes just a few taps to view your BPI account details on your smartphone:
- Simply log in to your online account and select “My Accounts.”
- All your BPI accounts and their corresponding balance will appear on your screen.
To view your electronic BPI statement of account, go to “Other Services” on the menu and select “My Statements.” Choose the account and statement date you wish to view and then select “Download.”
If you notice any transaction you didn’t make, report it right away by calling the BPI hotline at 889-10000 or by sending a message to email@example.com.
BPI Online Money Transfer Service
BPI account holders can quickly transfer funds from their BPI accounts to another BPI account, e-wallets, and accounts with other banks in the Philippines.
Sending money from BPI Online to a non-BPI account is pretty straightforward, but it involves a learning curve for first-time users. Keep reading to learn how to send money online from your BPI account.
How to Transfer Money from BPI Online to GCash, PayMaya, and Other E-Wallets
The latest version of the BPI Online website and BPI Mobile app allows users to send cash to their digital wallets.
Here are the e-wallets you can load via BPI Online:
Minimum Transfer Amount
|Autosweep RFID||PHP 500||PHP 10,000||PHP 103|
|Beep card||PHP 1||PHP 5,000||PHP 10|
|Easytrip||PHP 350||PHP 5,000||PHP 10|
|GCash||PHP 300||PHP 40,000||None|
|PayMaya||PHP 500||No limit||None|
Here’s how to transfer money from BPI Online to Paymaya, GCash, Autosweep RFID, Beep card, or Easytrip account:
- Log in to BPI Online or BPI Mobile app.
- On the menu, tap “Payments/Load” > “Load E-Wallets.”
- Choose the BPI account where the transfer amount will come from.
- Tap the icon under “Load to” and select the e-wallet you’ll load.
- Enter the load amount.
- Enter the reference number.
- Autosweep RFID – your vehicle’s plate number
- Beep – the 16-digit number at the back of your Beep card
- Easytrip – your Easytrip account number
- GCash – your registered mobile number
- PayMaya – your registered mobile number
- Tap the Next button.
- Review your transaction details. If everything is correct, tap the Confirm button.
- Enter the OTP sent to your mobile number. Tap the Submit button.
The amount transferred via BPI Online gets credited to the e-wallet account in real-time. However, if you’re loading your Beep card, you’ll have to go to any Beep e-load station to update your card balance and complete your transaction.
- GCash 101: A Handy Guide for New GCash App Users
- How to Use Paymaya App: A Complete Guide for Newbies
How to Transfer Money from BPI Online to BDO and Other Local Banks
You can now deposit money from your BPI account to a non-BPI account anytime without having to visit the bank. Just use BPI Online to send money to another local bank via InstaPay, an interbank funds transfer service under the National Retail Payment System of the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas.
Here’s how to send money from BPI to a non-BPI account:
- Log in to your BPI Online account.
- Choose “Transfer Money” > “Transfer to another bank.”
- Choose the bank where you’ll transfer funds.
- Provide the required information.
- Review your money transfer details. Click on “Confirm.”
- Enter the OTP you’ll receive via SMS. Click on “Submit.”
Once your transaction is complete, the transferred amount will be credited to the recipient account in real-time.
What is the amount limit for BPI money transfer?
You can transfer a total of up to PHP 50,000 between your BPI account and another bank for an unlimited number of times per day.
How much is the transfer fee?
Each time you transfer money to another bank via InstaPay, you’ll be charged a transfer fee of PHP 50 (Note: This fee is temporarily waived throughout the enhanced community quarantine in Luzon, which means you can send money to your loved ones or pay for online purchases for free).
How to Transfer Money via QR Code
A faster and safer way to send money via BPI Online is to use a personalized QR code. This way, you won’t have to enter the account number, and you’re assured that the amount gets transferred to the correct recipient.
How to Create a BPI QR Code
Before you can send money using a QR code, you have to generate the code first. Here’s how:
- Log in to BPI Mobile app.
- Tap “Other Services” > “QR Generator.”
- Choose a BPI account.
- Enter a nickname for your QR code.
- Optional: Type the transfer amount.
- Tap the Generate button.
- To save a copy of the QR code to your smartphone or tablet, tap “Save to Device.”
How to Transfer Money with a BPI QR Code
- Tap “Transfer Money.”
- Enter the transfer amount.
- Select “Transfer to 3rd party.”
- Under “Transfer to,” tap the QR code icon (instead of entering the recipient’s account number).
- Select “Scan QR” or “Import QR.”
- Choose the image of the QR Code from your device’s photo gallery.
- Approve your transaction via your Mobile Key or OTP sent to your mobile number.
BPI Online Bills Payment
Like other banks in the Philippines, BPI makes paying bills a lot easier for its clients through its online banking facility and mobile app. This online service is extremely useful when you have no time to transact at a bills payment center or when you’re stuck at home during a lockdown.
How to Enroll a Biller in BPI Online
To make your bills payment transactions a lot faster, enroll your billers via BPI Online. You can add up to 99 billers—including Meralco, Maynilad, credit card providers, and other merchants—to your online account.
- Log in to your BPI Online account.
- Select “Other Services” > “Manage Recipients.”
- Click on “Add recipient.”
- Choose “Biller” as the type of recipient.
- Review your biller enrollment details. Click on “Confirm.”
- Enter the OTP sent to your mobile number. Click “Submit.”
As soon as you’ve enrolled a biller, you can immediately start paying your bills to that merchant via BPI Online.
How to Pay Bills via BPI Online
- Log in to BPI Online or BPI Mobile app.
- Tap the icon with three horizontal stripes to access the menu.
- Tap “Payments/Load” > “Pay Bills.
- Choose the BPI account where the bills payment amount will be deducted.
- Enter the amount to pay.
- Choose a biller to be paid. Tap the Next button.
- Review your transaction details. Once done, tap the Confirm button.
- Tap the “Yes, send me the code” button.
- Enter the six-digit OTP sent to your mobile number. Tap the Submit button.
Your bills payment will be posted in your biller’s record within one to three banking days from your transaction date.
BPI Online Banking Security Tips
BPI offers plenty of security features on its revamped website and app. Make the most out of these safety measures to protect your funds against unauthorized use.
Here are five ways to ensure your BPI account stays safe.
1. Change Your BPI Online Password Regularly
BPI requires an OTP for every transaction on its online platforms. While this feature is good for your online banking security, you can’t be too complacent. Change your password every one to three months to ensure nobody else can access your BPI online account.
How to Reset Your BPI Online Password
- On the BPI Mobile app or BPI Online browser, select “Forgot Password.”
- Verify your identity by entering the following details:
- Product type (savings account/credit card/loan, etc.)
- Account number
- Type your new password.
- Enter the OTP sent to your registered mobile number.
2. Turn On Your Mobile Key
A new feature on the BPI Mobile app, the mobile key secures and speeds up bills payment and money transfer transactions. Instead of using an OTP, it enables a user to verify and complete a transaction through face ID or fingerprint. This makes it useful for those without mobile network access.
How to Activate Your BPI Mobile Key
- Open the BPI Mobile app and log in to your account.
- Tap “Account Maintenance” > “Authentication.”
- Toggle the Mobile Key button to turn it on.
- Provide a six-digit PIN code.
- Enter the OTP sent to your mobile number.
- Choose whether you’ll use your face ID or fingerprint.
3. Set Your Debit Card Control Limits
To protect your account, you can customize your BPI debit card’s settings online. For instance, you can change your card’s withdrawal and purchase limits or temporarily block it, so you won’t lose as much money when hackers get access to your account.
You may also activate International Access if you’ll use your debit card abroad, or enable E-Commerce Access to use your card for online shopping.
How to Adjust Your BPI Debit Card Settings
- Log in to your BPI Online account.
- Go to “Other Services.”
- Under “Cards,” select “Card Control.”
- Tap “Show Card Settings” to set your card control limits.
- Choose your preferred withdrawal and purchase limits.
- Turn on “International access” if you’ll use your card overseas. Or turn it off when you’re in the Philippines.
- Turn on ‘E-Commerce access” if you’ll use your card for online payments. Or disable it if you lost your card.
- To block your card, tap “Temporary block” and the Yes button.
- Enter the six-digit OTP that you’ll receive via SMS.
4. Enable Email Login Notifications
Be alerted when somebody else gets access to your account by activating the email login notifications feature. This will allow you to receive an email message from BPI after each successful log-in to your account.
To set email login notifications, go to “Account Maintenance” on the BPI Mobile app and enable ” Login Email Notifications.”
5. Enable Push Notifications
It’s also important that you’re aware of every transaction made using your BPI account—whether it’s unauthorized or not.
To turn on your push notification, select “Account Maintenance” > “Notifications” on the BPI Mobile app. Then enable “Push Notifications” and/or “Transaction Alerts and Offers.”
As you can see, the new BPI Online facility and mobile app now have a lot of features that make banking a smoother and safer experience. These digital banking platforms have definitely improved from their previous versions—making them useful not just during the COVID-19 lockdown but even after the crisis.
- 15 Mobile Banking Apps to Manage Your Accounts Better
- BPI Mobile App Features and Uses
- PNB Online Banking Guide to Balance Check, Sending Money, Paying Bills and More
-  BPI Online website
-  “Filipinos shift to e-payments, online banking amid lockdown” (BusinessWorld, April 17, 2020)
-  BPI Mobile app (Android | iOS)
Venus is the Head of Editorial Content at Moneymax, with 15+ years of experience in digital marketing, corporate communications, PR, and journalism. She invests in stocks, mutual funds, VUL, and Pag-IBIG MP2. Outside of work, she’s crazy about cats and Korean dramas. Follow Venus on LinkedIn.
Compare the best deals in just one minute!
Never miss out on promos and finance tips!
Subscribe to the Moneymax newsletter
Dont worry, we take data privacy very seriously