Bank of Commerce Credit Card Application: Requirements, Card Options, and Steps
Published: October 6, 2021 | Updated: October 12, 2021 | Posted by: Moneymax | Credit Card
Bank of Commerce is a commercial bank in the Philippines that started operations in 1963. In 2008, San Miguel Group invested in the bank, further strengthening its operations. Today, a Bank of Commerce credit card, among many other financial products, is offered in 140 branches of the bank nationwide.
If you want a credit card that’s accepted in more than 30 million establishments worldwide, then let’s kick off your Bank of Commerce credit card application with this guide.
Table of Contents
- Bank of Commerce Credit Card Application Steps
- What’s the Bank of Commerce Credit Card Application Processing Time?
- Where Can I Pay My Bank of Commerce Credit Card Bill?
- Final Thoughts
Bank of Commerce Credit Card Application Steps
Before you begin your Bank of Commerce credit card application, make sure to follow these steps.
1. Check Your Eligibility for a Credit Card
To be qualify for a Bank of Commerce credit card, you should meet these eligibility requirements:
- 21 to 65 years old for principal cardholders; at least 15 years old for supplementary cardholders
- Filipino or foreign resident in the Philippines
- Earning a minimum monthly income for the following credit cards:
- Classic Mastercard – PHP 10,000
- Gold Mastercard – PHP 38,000
- Platinum Mastercard – PHP 100,000
- With an active landline number (office/ business/residence) and a postpaid mobile number
2. Complete Your Bank of Commerce Credit Card Requirements
If you want to get a Bank of Commerce credit card, you need to provide the following:
- Accomplished Bank of Commerce Credit Card Application Form
- Photocopy of any valid government-issued, photo-bearing ID
📌 Employed applicants also need to submit any of these documents:
Proof of income (Certificate of Employment, latest 2316 or income tax return, payslips)
📌 Self-employed credit card applicants need to provide these additional documents:
Copy of Business Papers (DTI Registration, SEC Registration, latest Articles of Incorporation, Audited Financial Statements, latest income tax return, bank statements, etc.)
📌 For Professionals:
- Latest ITR and Audited Financial Statements for the last 2 years
- Last six months’ bank statements
📌 For Non-Filipino Citizens:
- Certificate of Employment and Compensation
- Deed of Assignment (for the holdout on deposit)
- Original Comfort Letter
- Any of the following:
- PEZA-issued Visa/Special Investor’s Resident Visa
- Certified True Copy of Passport and Alien Certificate of Registration/Work Permit
3. Choose the Right Bank of Commerce Credit Card For You
Before downloading and signing the application form, compare different Bank of Commerce credit cards first to find the best one that will suit your needs. Here are the cards you can choose from.
💳 Bank of Commerce Classic Mastercard
Annual fee: PHP 1,500 / PHP 750 for supplementary card
If you’re looking for a credit card that’s best for daily purchases, the Bank of Commerce Classic Mastercard is a great option. It can simplify credit card spending for you. Use it to pay for your utilities, gas, groceries, and installment purchases while collecting rewards points.
💳 Bank of Commerce Gold Mastercard
Annual fee: PHP 3,000 / PHP 1,500 for supplementary card
Enjoy a higher credit limit with the Bank of Commerce Gold Mastercard. Use it to pay for big-ticket items such as airfare, appliances, and other major purchases.
💳 Bank of Commerce Platinum Mastercard
- PHP 4,000/PHP 5,000 for principal card
- PHP 2,000/PHP 2,500 for supplementary card
Premium privileges await every Bank of Commerce Platinum Mastercard holder. This card allows you to access the finest things worldwide and earn premium privileges and perks as well.
💳 Bank of Commerce World Mastercard
- PHP 5,000/PHP 6,000 for principal card
- PHP 2,500/PHP 3,000 for supplementary card
The Bank of Commerce World Mastercard gives you access to exclusive privileges such as Mastercard Epicurean Experiences, Destination Limo, and Mastercard Airport Concierge services.
💳 Bank of Commerce Cash Installment Card
Annual fee: PHP 2,400 billed in installment
The Bank of Commerce Cash Installment Card lets you borrow cash whenever you need it. You can turn 100% of your credit limit into cash and make an over-the-counter cash withdrawal. Enjoy easy payment terms of 13 to 36 months as well.
4. Apply for a Bank of Commerce Credit Card
If you have all your requirements ready, then you’re ready to submit your application. Although there’s no Bank of Commerce online credit card application facility, you can still submit your documents via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at a Bank of Commerce branch nearest you.
What’s the Bank of Commerce Credit Card Application Processing Time?
Due to the pandemic, Bank of Commerce credit card application processing may take a minimum of two weeks to a maximum of one month.
If you want to check your Bank of Commerce credit card application status or how you can activate your new credit card, you may call the Bank of Commerce credit card and customer service hotlines:
- (02) 8632-BANK (2265)
- 1800 10 982 6000 (PLDT) or 1800 8 982 6000 (Globe Lines)
Where Can I Pay My Bank of Commerce Credit Card Bill?
You can settle your credit card dues by making an over-the-counter payment at any of Bank of Commerce branch or ATM. If you’re enrolled in internet banking or in an auto debit arrangement, you can pay through that as well. Moreover, UCPB, ECPay, and GCash also accept Bank of Commerce credit card payments.
Having a Bank of Commerce credit card can open a lot of opportunities and benefits for you. Aside from enjoying worldwide acceptance for payments, each Bank of Commerce credit card entitles you to programs and privileges from San Miguel Foundation, Petron, World Vision, GetGo, and SM.
If you’re all set, start your Bank of Commerce credit card application today! But if you want to check out more credit card options, make sure to do a credit card comparison.
With a goal to help Filipinos lead healthier financial lives, Moneymax regularly publishes tips and tricks on personal finance and lifestyle, among many other topics. For more finance-related news and articles, follow Moneymax on Linkedin.