- Car Insurance
- 6 Reliable Auto Repair Shops in Metro Manila for Car Repair and Maintenance
6 Reliable Auto Repair Shops in Metro Manila for Car Repair and Maintenance
Published: November 10, 2020 | Updated: July 23, 2021 | Posted by: Moneymax | Car Insurance
Published: November 10, 2020
Updated: July 23, 2021
Posted by: Moneymax | Car Insurance
Car breakdowns are inconvenient but inevitable. If you drive a private vehicle, you know how frustrating it can be to deal with the hassle of taking your car to a service center and shelling out a sizable chunk of cash. That’s why smart car owners maintain their car regularly. Periodic maintenance is less troublesome than a one-time, hard-hitting repair. Typically, you can go to a casa for regular servicing as long as you’re still entitled to a warranty. However, once the warranty period is over, the more practical thing to do is to go to an auto repair shop that offers repair and replacement parts for lower prices.
Table of Contents
- Why is it Important to Know a Good Auto Repair Shop?
- Qualities of a Reliable Car Service Center
- What is the Average Labor Cost for Auto Repair?
- Top Auto Repair Shops in Metro Manila
- Final Thoughts
Why is it Important to Know a Good Auto Repair Shop?
A good auto repair shop can give you the best car services, providing you some peace of mind. Proper auto repair is particularly important if you’ve been in a road accident. You may need some car parts repaired and replaced, overall decreasing the value of your vehicle. If you do not have car insurance, a car service center can ensure that you can go back safely on the road.
Qualities of a Reliable Car Service Center
Sometimes, when you walk into an auto repair shop, you can immediately tell the quality of service you’ll likely get there. Other time, you’ll have to learn by experience. Lucky for you, there are some signs that can give away the work ethic of a car service center and the quality of service you can expect from its workers. Here are three of the qualities you should check:
1. Mechanics Regard Their Craft with Integrity
A good mechanic lets his work do the talking. You can see a mechanic’s dedication from the way they handle your vehicle. He takes his time and keeps his focus, and also regards his tools with care. In other words, he makes sure that every car he lays his hands on is on tiptop shape the second he gives it the thumbs up.
A true mechanic has integrity, which extends outside his personal interests. He’s always quick to help—even if it means referring you to other reliable car service centers. He doesn’t badmouth other shop owners because he regards professionalism highly. If your mechanic is like this, you’re lucky. And if the entire team of mechanics in your local repair shop is like this as well then you better hold on to that gold.
2. Employees are Focused and Committed
When you walk into an auto repair shop, you want everyone to be engaged, not lounging around, waiting for a task to be handed to them. You want their plates to be full because that means you’re not their only customer. You’re not the only one who finds their services employable.
Pitchy salesmen are everywhere—you’ll encounter them even in the car service industry. They’ll talk you into buying parts and availing services for a higher price. Their charm is sometimes impeccable, so you’ll find yourself being swayed by their friendliness. But again, remember that a mechanic is supposed to keep your car in the best shape possible. Unless he does that and does it well, keep your cash in your pocket and your trust up your sleeve.
- Drive and Earn: How to be a TNVS Driver or Operator in the Philippines
- Grab Insurance Guide for TNVS Operators in the Philippines
3. The Service Floor is Clean and Tidy
Everyone functions under different kinds of work conditions. Some mechanics work best in a clean and organized environment while others prefer a more effortless-looking, unruly service floor. Still, despite the chaotic workspace, every car service center must still have a semblance of order.
Respectable-looking car service centers say something about how much their mechanics care about maintaining their work environment and making sure that, like the cars they service, it’s always in tiptop shape.
What is the Average Labor Cost for Auto Repair?
The cost of auto repair depends on your car’s model, its issues, and where you’re having it fixed. Here are the average costs of some auto services in Metro Manila:
- Oil change: PHP 1,000 to PHP 3,0000
- Maintenance: PHP 2,500 to PHP 10,000
- Tire replacement: PHP 5,000 to PHP 20,000
- Tune-up: PHP 1,500 to PHP 5,000
- Diagnosis and consultation: Typically free when you avail of an auto repair shop’s other services
Top Auto Repair Shops in Metro Manila
1. Goodyear Servitek
Goodyear is known for selling quality tires. However, the American multinational company also offers car repair services through their Goodyear Servitek car service center. Some of the car services Goodyear offers include wheel alignment services, oil change, suspension repair, and brake repair. Goodyear Servitek currently has three auto repair shops in Metro Manila.
Goodyear Servitek Metro Manila Branches:
- Richwell Branch: Quezon Ave., Santa Mesa Heights, Quezon City
- Contact number: (02) 8732-5141
- Las Piñas Branch: Almanza Dos, Las Piñas, Metro Manila
- Contact number: (02) 8732-5141
- Santa Cruz Manila Branch: 1745 Dimasalang, Santa Cruz, Manila, 1014
- Contact number: 0917-6235-962
Upon inspecting your vehicle for repair, a ValuePlus mechanic will provide two cost estimates—one for original parts and one for replacement. This car service center in Metro Manila does not oblige their clients to pay for expensive products when a more cost-effective option is available.
Some of the services ValuePlus offers include preventive maintenance; diagnoses and repairs for brake, clutch, suspension, engine transmission, air-conditioning, and electrical systems; wheel alignment, tire changing, and wheel balancing; car care, detailing, and undercoating; and body and paint services.
- Is It Better To Buy Car Parts Online?
- Best Stores in the Philippines to Get Car Accessories
- The Best Car Modification Shops in the Philippines
ValuePlus Metro Manila Branches:
- Quezon City Branch: E Rodriguez Sr. Ave., Doña Aurora, Quezon City, 1113, Metro Manila
- Contact number: (02) 8413-8888 or 0917-6251-132
- Las Piñas Branch: VPX Las Piñas no. 30 CAA Rd, Las Pinas, Metro Manila
- Contact number: (02) 8851-5555 or 0917-6224-795
Posted cost of services:
- Change oil package: Starts at PHP 1,999
- PMS package: Starts at PHP 2,999
- Wheel package: Starts at PHP 999
- Technician consultation: Free
3. Centennial Auto
Centennial Auto won’t disappoint with its wide range of automotive services. This auto repair shop specializes in preventive maintenance, general rehabilitation works, automatic transmission repair, body works and painting, and towing rescue and road assistance. You can even drop by for a pre-trip inspection and a preventive maintenance check—all for free.
- What You Need To Know About Your Towing Coverage
- 4 Things to Do When Your Car Is Towed
- Car Towing Rules Motorists Should Know to Avoid Illegal Towing Scams
Centennial Auto Metro Manila Branch:
- Main Branch: 1380 Pablo Ocampo Senior Avenue La Paz, Pablo Ocampo Sr. Ext, Makati, Metro Manila
- Contact number: (02) 8896-1771
4. Ziebart and CarSavers
Ziebart began operating in the 70s as an automative renewal center. Come 80s, the company expanded its services to include auto repairs through CarSavers. Zibeart handles restoration, appearance, and protection services while Carsavers tackles repairs and maintenance, damage restoration, dent removal, and glass repairs.
Ziebart and CarSavers Metro Manila Branches:
- Makati Branch: 2226 Chino Roces Ave corner Don Bosco St., Makati City
- Contact number: (02) 8818-7777
- Pasig Branch: 361 C. Raymundo Avenue, Brgy. San Miguel, Pasig City
- Contact number: 7903-0464 to 65 or 7696-0845
- Manila Branch: 1201 Perez St., Paco, Manila
- Contact number: 7903-0464 to 65
- Quezon City Branch: 903 EDSA (across Landmark Trinoma)
- Contact number: (02) 8352-3780
Motech is a major automotive parts and accessories supplier. Their branch in Manggahan, Pasig offers core auto services like oil change, electrical repairs, wheel alignment, engine reconditioning, tire mounting, and tune-up. Motech also has branches outside of Metro Manila, including Rizal, Laguna, Bulacan, Batangas, and Bataan.
This auto repair shop offers Mobile Mekaniko, an on-site auto repair service that caters to your schedule. Their auto repairman will come right at your doorstep and provide a free diagnostic on your car. Fees vary and depends on the location and service.
Motech Metro Manila Branch:
- Manggahan Branch: Amang Rodriguez Ave., Cor. M.L. Quezon St., Manggahan, Pasig City
- Contact number: 7978-7134
- 11 Car Care Tips to Protect Your Vehicle During Typhoon Season
- 7 Surprising Ways to Save on Car Insurance
- I Got Into a Car Accident: Where Should I File a Vehicle Claim?
Rapide is one of the most trusted car service centers in the country, with more than 50 branches nationwide.
Like most auto repair shops of its kind, Rapide offers traditional core services for maintenance. On top of that, Rapide offers brake inspection, steering and suspension services, clutch and drivetrain checkup, and battery and tire services.
Rapide Metro Manila Branches:
- Boni Branch: Rapide Auto Services Center, Boni Avenue, Mandaluyong, 1550 Metro Manila
- Contact number: (02) 8532-6665
- Pio Del Pilar Branch: Rapide Auto Service Center, 2174 Chino Roces Avenue Pio Del Pilar, Makati, 1208
- Contact number: (02) 8403-2146
- Ortigas Branch: Rapide Auto Service Center, Car Repair Meralco Avenue Ortigas, Pasig City
- Contact number: (02) 8470-6255
Posted cost of services:
- Diagnosis: Free
- Oil change: Starts at PHP 1,350
- Tire services: Starts at PHP 1,900
- Brake services: Starts at PHP 350
- Maintenance: Starts at PHP 200
A good auto repair shop can help you maintain your car and ensure your safety on the road. When choosing a car service center, make sure to research for well-recommended ones and compare their rates. Consider the location and services offered as well.
Apart from trusting a good car service center, it is ideal to have comprehensive car insurance to help you with the costs of auto repair and maintenance. Don’t have a policy yet? Compare your car insurance options for free with Moneymax!
Compare the best deals in just one minute!
Never miss out on promos and finance tips!
Subscribe to the Moneymax newsletter
Dont worry, we take data privacy very seriously