6 Pabili Service Apps to Download So You Can Shop from Home
Published: May 27, 2020 | Updated: December 22, 2020 | Posted by: Venus Zoleta | Lifestyle
On-demand pabili services are heaven-sent during the community quarantine period when it’s risky and inconvenient to go outdoors. Instead of going outside to buy essentials, you can just stay at home and hire a personal shopper through a pabili service app.
The benefits of using a pabili or personal assistant service are two-fold. You enjoy the convenience of shopping from home and receiving your order on the same day. Riders who have lost their source of income due to the COVID-19 pandemic can support themselves and their families through pabili requests.
Table of Contents
How Pabili Services Work
Booking through a pabili service app is very convenient. Here’s how it works:
- Customers book their orders through the courier’s app or website with the list of items to buy.
- The system matches each customer with a rider closest to the pick-up location.
- Once a rider accepts the booking, he will go to the store and purchase the items (Usually, the rider pays for the order first).
- While waiting, the customer can track the order status in real-time through the app.
- The rider delivers the order and receives the payment from the customer.
To protect their riders against fake buyers, couriers set a maximum transaction amount, usually up to PHP 2,000. Also, there’s a maximum size allowed for each order—anything bigger than the standard dimension will not fit in the rider’s motorcycle or bike.
Pabili Services Comparison
Pabili Service Apps
|Grab Express Pabili||Metro Manila, Bacolod, Cebu, Davao, Iloilo, Pampanga||Credit/debit card, cash, GrabPay|
|JoyRide Pabili Service||Metro Manila, Bulacan, Cavite, Cebu, Rizal||Cash|
|Lalamove Purchase Service||Metro Manila, Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna, Rizal||Cash|
|MOVE IT Pabili Service||Mostly in Metro Manila, Bulacan, Cavite, Rizal||MOVE IT wallet (for delivery fee payment only) and cash|
|MrSpeedy Pabili Service||Metro Manila||Cash|
|MyKuya App||Metro Manila and select areas in Mega Manila||Cash, credit/debit/prepaid card (Mastercard/Visa), GCash|
6 Pabili Service Apps in the Philippines
Here are on-demand pabili or concierge services you can avail of when you need someone to buy food, groceries, medicine, or anything for you.
GrabExpress Pabili is one of the newest services offered by Grab Philippines. Through this on-demand concierge service, you can book a rider to buy essentials from grocery stores, pharmacies, or nearby stores.
Grab’s Pabili service is different from GrabExpress Instant (for sending or receiving food, documents, and other items), GrabFood (for ordering food from restaurants), and GrabMart (for buying goods from Grab’s partner supermarkets and specialty stores).
The Pabili service is available 24/7, as long as the store is open. However, you can buy from only one store per booking. Your order should not exceed PHP 2,000 and 20 kg. It must also be within the standard GrabExpress dimension of 25 x 32 x 12 cm.
Each GrabExpress Pabili request is processed right after booking confirmation. Advanced booking is not allowed.
- Covered areas: Metro Manila, Bacolod, Cebu, Davao, Iloilo, Pampanga
- Payment methods: Credit/debit card, cash, GrabPay
How to Use GrabExpress Pabili
- Launch the Grab app.
- Choose the Delivery option.
- On the About Sender page, enter the store address, store name/contact person, and hotline/contact number.
- On the About Recipient page, enter the drop-off address, recipient name, and contact number.
- Toggle on Cash on Delivery.
- Enter the total cost of items to be purchased.
- Tap the Add button.
- Choose GrabExpress Pabili service.
- Tap “Options” to add notes to the driver. Input the items to buy.
- Tap the Confirm and Book button.
- Once booked, you can send more details to the driver using the in-app chat.
JoyRide Pabili Service
Originally launched as a motorcycle ride-hailing app, JoyRide has started offering its pabili service to enable users to book drivers who can buy items for them.
Through the JoyRide app, you can order food, groceries, medicines, and other essentials worth up to PHP 2,000. Prohibited items for pabili requests include high-value gadgets, jewelry, illegal drugs, animals, and explosives.
The maximum weight per transaction is 20 kg and the maximum dimension is 17 x 15 x 10 in. All purchased items via JoyRide are insured up to PHP 2,000.
- Covered areas: Metro Manila, Bulacan, Cavite, Cebu, Rizal
- Payment method: Cash
How to Book JoyRide Pabili Service
- Open the JoyRide Customer App.
- Select the Pabili service.
- Set the pick-up point (store location) and drop-off point (recipient’s location).
- In the Item Order List, enter the items you want to buy, price per item, and total amount. Tap “Done.”
- Click the Notes section and enter your handling instructions, location details, store contact info, and other pertinent details. Tap the Done button.
- Select the Confirm Booking button.
Lalamove Purchase Service
While Lalamove is well-known for its delivery service, it has also been providing pabili service since 2018 even before the ECQ started.
Lalamove partner drivers can buy food, groceries, clothing, or anything you need (below PHP 2,000 and 20 kg) through the Purchase Service. You can even book a driver to buy a cake and flowers for a special occasion.
Lalamove allows booking in advance for Pabili requests, so you can schedule the delivery at least 30 minutes ahead (when you’re available to receive your order).
- Lalamove Purchase Service rate: PHP 50 + delivery charge + PHP 60 if driver’s waiting time exceeds 30 minutes
- Covered areas: Metro Manila, Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna, Rizal
- Payment method: Cash
How to Use Lalamove Purchase Service
- Launch the Lalamove app.
- Tap the Motorcycle option.
- Set your pick-up point (store location) and drop-off point (recipient’s location).
- Under “Additional Services,” choose “Purchase Service.” To view the price breakdown, tap the icon next to the total amount at the lower right corner of the screen.
- Select your preferred delivery time. You can either schedule it >30 minutes in advance or book immediately.
- On the “Add notes to driver” field, type your order details.
- Tap the Place Order button.
MOVE IT Pabili Service
The MOVE IT app enables users to book a rider to buy items (worth up to PHP 1,000 per transaction) for them. The maximum dimension allowed for deliveries is 1.6 x 1.25 x 1.6 ft.
For orders over PHP 1,000, customers may use the Roundtrip feature in the app. If you enable Roundtrip, the rider will go to your place first to get the cash before buying your items.
The MOVE IT Pabili Service can be availed anytime as long as the store is open. Bookings are processed immediately, with no option for advanced booking.
- MOVE IT Pabili rate: Minimum of PHP 100 service charge (with additional fee for nighttime, Sunday, and holiday deliveries) + PHP 8 per km
- Covered areas: Mostly in Metro Manila, Bulacan, Cavite, Rizal
- Payment methods: MOVE IT wallet (for delivery fee payment only) and cash
How to Book MOVE IT Pabili Service
- Open the MOVE IT app.
- Tap the DELIVERY/PABILI icon.
- Select Pabili.
- Set the pick-up location.
- Enter your delivery details and order list. Tap the Save button.
- Once a rider has accepted your request, use the in-app chat or call feature to provide additional details or instructions.
MrSpeedy Pabili Service
MrSpeedy is among the newest same-day delivery service providers in the Philippines. Available 24/7, its Pabili Service can be booked through its mobile app or website. Items purchased through MrSpeedy should be 20 kg or less.
Unlike most pabili services in the Philippines, MrSpeedy allows scheduling order delivery in advance and sending purchased items to multiple addresses in one transaction.
- MrSpeedy Pabili Service rate: PHP 60 for the 1st km + PHP 6 per km
- Covered areas: Metro Manila
- Payment method: Cash
How to Use MrSpeedy Pabili Service
- Launch the MrSpeedy app or access the Order Form on the MrSpeedy website.
- Choose your preferred delivery time (ASAP/Flexible time).
- Pick your preferred vehicle type (Motorbike/Car) and estimated package weight (up to 5/10/20 kg).
- Set your pick-up and drop-off points.
- Enter the required details.
- Click on “Additional Services.”
- In the third field, select “Pabili Service.”
- In the Item Description section, list the items to buy.
- Click the Place Order button.
MyKuya is the go-to app for people who need to run various errands because they’re too busy or under home quarantine.
Through the MyKuya app, you can book a personal shopper called Kuya or Ate who will buy items for you and deliver them to your doorstep. You can even request to buy from multiple stores in one booking. MyKuya has partnered with retail giants like SM, Robinsons, and Ayala malls, as well as 100+ establishments, so you have lots of stores to choose from.
- MyKuya App Pabili Service rate: Starts at PHP 49 per 30 minutes
- Covered areas: Metro Manila and select areas in Mega Manila
- Payment method: Cash, credit/debit/prepaid card (Mastercard/Visa), GCash
How to Book MyKuya Pabili Service
- Open the MyKuya mobile or web app.
- Select the service you’ll avail of. You can pick a specific partner establishment (e.g., SM, Robinsons, Ministop, Ayala mall, etc.) located near you or the pabili service if you’d like to buy somewhere else.
- Set the pick-up and drop-off points.
- Choose how long the task will take. The app shows a pre-determined minimum time—you can just leave that or increase the time if you think the task will take longer to do.
- Add any special instructions for the Kuya/Ate.
- Tap the Request Now button.
- Once you’ve booked, you can chat with the assigned Ate or Kuya through the app.
Read more: Best Budget Apps to Download
Pabili services make our life easier. Let’s make the job of riders easier, too. Be sure about your order before booking so that you won’t have to change the details or cancel. Provide clear and concise instructions to the rider. When receiving your items, keep a safe distance (at least 1 meter) from the rider. Lastly, don’t forget to give a tip if you’re happy with the pabili service.
-  Grab App
-  JoyRide Customer App (Android | iOS)
-  Lalamove App (Android | iOS)
-  MOVE IT App
-  MrSpeedy App (Android | iOS) | MrSpeedy Order Form
-  MyKuya App
Venus is the Head of Content at Moneymax, with 15+ years of experience in digital marketing, corporate communications, PR, and journalism. She invests in stocks, mutual funds, VUL, and Pag-IBIG MP2. Outside of work, she’s crazy about cats and Korean dramas. Follow Venus on LinkedIn.