If you’re someone who often has to be on the road, you know how much of a hassle it can be to travel across cities, provinces, and even regions. With traffic being a constant problem in the Philippines, expressways are almost heaven-sent. Almost—because even they get clogged at toll plazas.
Enter the radio-frequency identification or RFID. This technology facilitates cashless transactions at toll gates, significantly reducing your time spent queueing and paying for expressway toll fees.
Here’s a quick guide that will answer questions such as “What is Autosweep RFID?” and “How do you install and use it?”
What is Autosweep RFID, and Which Tollways Does It Cover?
Photo: Toll Regulatory Board (Facebook)
Autosweep RFID is one of the primary RFID systems used in major expressways in the Philippines. Here’s where to use Autosweep RFID:
- South Luzon Expressway (SLEX)
- Metro Manila Skyway System
- NAIA Expressway (NAIAX)
- Southern Tagalog Arterial Road (STAR) Tollway
- Tarlac-Pangasinan-La Union Expressway (TPLEX)
- Muntinlupa-Cavite Expressway (MCX)
Are Autosweep and Easytrip the Same?
Autosweep and Easytrip are similar, but not the same. Both RFID systems provide contactless and cashless payments in major tollways in the Philippines.
However, Autosweep is for tollways managed by the San Miguel Corporation (SMC), while Easytrip is for those under the Metro Pacific Tollways Corporation (MPTC).
To better visualize which RFID system is accepted where, see the table below:
|South Luzon Expressway (SLEX)||Autosweep|
|Metro Manila Skyway System||Autosweep|
|NAIA Expressway (NAIAX)||Autosweep|
|Southern Tagalog Arterial Roads (STAR) Tollway||Autosweep|
|Tarlac-Pangasinan-La Union Expressway (TPLEX)||Autosweep|
|Muntinlupa-Cavite Expressway (MCX)||Autosweep|
|North Luzon Expressway (NLEX)||Easytrip|
|Subic-Clark-Tarlac Expressway (SCTEX)||Easytrip|
|Manila-Cavite Toll Expressway (CAVITEX)||Easytrip|
|Cavite-Laguna Expressway (CALAX)||Easytrip|
👉 Can I Merge Autosweep and Easytrip?
“Can I use Autosweep RFID in NLEX?” Yes—effective January 15, 2023, you can enroll Easytrip stickers to Autosweep. This means you can now use Easytrip at SMC Tollways such as SLEX, Skyway, Star, TPLEX, and NAIAX.
However, note that only the new Easytrip stickers with Neology tags can be scanned/read by the Autosweep system, so make sure to update your sticker first. Next, take the following steps to register your Easytrip RFID to Autosweep:
- Download and fill out the Autosweep application form on the Autosweep RFID website.
- Print the form and bring your vehicle with the Easytrip sticker and a valid ID to any Autosweep kiosk or customer service center.
- Your Autosweep account will be activated after RFID testing.
Meanwhile, here's how to register your Autosweep RFID to Easytrip:
- Bring your vehicle with an Autosweep RFID to any designated Easytrip registration site.
- Pay for the initial Easytrip RFID load of ₱200.
- Wait for your Easytrip wallet to be activated within 24 hours.
- Your Easytrip card will be released in around seven days.
Where Can I Get Autosweep RFID?
There are many Autosweep RFID installations in and out of the metro. Here are some of them:
- Southwoods RFID Center SB
- Sta. Rosa RFID Center SB
- Ayala Greenfield RFID Center SB
- Eton Northbound
- Petron KM 44
- Calamba RFID Center NB
- Calamba Bravo
- Petron San Pedro
- Shell Mamplasan
- Shell Putatan
- Caltex MCX
- Mamplasan Northbound and Southbound (after entry)
- Susana Heights
- Soldier Hills Skyway Extension
- Nichols Alpha NB Exit Toll Gate
- Runway NB Toll Plaza
- Robinsons Galleria Ortigas
- C5 RFID Center SB
- Petron Diego Silang (C5 NB)
- Petron Boni Serrano
- Petron Square La Vista (Katipunan)
- Petron Commerce Avenue
- Petron Dasmarinas Village (Arnaiz Makati)
- Shell Magallanes
- Buendia NB Entry Plaza
- Quirino NB Exit Plaza
- Nagtahan NB Entry and NB/SB Exit Toll Plaza
- Plaza Dilao SB Entry Plaza
- Quezon Avenue NB Entry/Exit and SB Entry Plaza
- G. Araneta NB Entry Plaza
- Del Monte NB/SB Plaza A and B
- NAIAX Main Bravo Northbound Exit Toll Plaza
- NAIAX Main Alpha
- Star Toll Lipa RFID Center
- Batangas Toll Plaza Entry Drive Thru
- Petron Lipa STAR
- Petron Ibaan
- Petron Malvar
- Lipa NB Toll Plaza (before entry)
- Sto. Tomas NB Toll Plaza (after exit)
- Urdaneta Toll Gate
- TPLEX RFID Center
- Pura Toll Gate
- Petron Pura NB/SB
- Rosario Toll Gate
- Tarlac Main Toll Gate
- Victoria Toll Gate
- Carmen Toll Gate
How to Apply for Autosweep RFID
The Autosweep registration process is fast and easy. Since Autosweep RFID stickers are free, you don't need to shell out extra money for registration. There’s just an initial load requirement depending on your vehicle type, but that’s consumable.
How much is an Autosweep RFID? Class 1 vehicles (i.e., cars, jeepneys, vans, pick-ups, and motorcycles) must have a minimum initial load of ₱200. Class 2 vehicles (i.e., buses and light trucks) and Class 3 vehicles (i.e., large trucks with or without trailers) must load up at least ₱1,000.
As for the Autosweep RFID toll rates, you can refer to the Toll Regulatory Board's toll rate matrix.
There are two types of Autosweep RFID cards: Autosweep To Go (ATG) and Autosweep Premium.
👉 How to Apply for an Autosweep To Go Card
You can get an Autosweep To Go card at Autosweep RFID installation sites in just five minutes. Note that you can enroll only one vehicle per ATG card number or account.
Follow these steps to complete your application:
- Download and print the ATG subscription form from the Autosweep RFID website.
- Fill out the form with the following details:
- Date of enrollment
- Subscriber’s full name
- Mobile number
- Email address
- Vehicle make and model
- Vehicle color and year
- Plate number or conduction number
- Subscriber’s signature
- Submit the filled-out form at any Autosweep RFID station.
To top up your Autosweep balance, use the different payment methods outlined below, except for auto-debit options via credit card.
👉 How to Apply for an Autosweep Premium Card
Autosweep Premium cards are available only at Autosweep RFID customer service centers. Getting one can take up to 15 minutes.
The perk of an Autosweep Premium account is that you can enroll multiple vehicles under one account. Also, unlike the ATG card application that requires only a filled-out subscription form, there are Autosweep RFID requirements for premium accounts.
Get familiar with the steps below before heading to your nearest Autosweep RFID locations:
- Prepare the Land Transportation Office (LTO) Official Receipt (OR) for your vehicle, as well as the Certification of Registration (CR). Bring both the original and photocopies to be sure.
- Prepare a valid identification card bearing your photo and signature. Bring photocopies as well.
- If you’re not the vehicle's registered owner, prepare an authorization letter from the registered owner or a notarized copy of the deed of sale of the vehicle. Also, prepare a photocopy of the registered owner’s valid ID.
- Download and print the Autosweep Premium subscription agreement for personal or business use from the Autosweep RFID website.
- Submit the filled-out form at any Autosweep RFID customer service center.
You're probably wondering, "Can I get an Autosweep RFID online?"
All the forms you need to create an account with Autosweep can be found online. The Autosweep website has a specific page for downloadable forms. However, there’s no Autosweep online registration yet, so you must go on-site to process your application.
What are the Autosweep RFID Requirements?
Here’s a quick list of the requirements for an Autosweep RFID.
📌 Autosweep To Go Account
Filled-out Autosweep To Go Subscription Form
📌 Autosweep Premium Personal Account
- Filled-out Autosweep RFID subscription agreement for personal account
- Photocopy of:
- One valid ID bearing the photo and signature of the subscriber
- Vehicle’s official receipt (OR) from LTO and certificate of registration (CR)
📌 Autosweep Premium Business Account
- Filled-out Autosweep RFID subscription agreement for business account
- Photocopy of:
- One valid ID bearing the photo and signature of the authorized representative
- Business permit or DTI/SEC registration documents
- BIR registration (BIR 2303)
- Secretary's Certificate stating the authorized signatories for the Autosweep RFID transaction
- Authorization letter from the authorized signatory
- Photocopy of the vehicle’s official receipt (OR) from LTO and certificate of registration (CR)
If the vehicle is not under the name of the subscriber, prepare the following documents:
- Authorization letter from the registered owner or copy of the notarized deed of sale of the vehicle
- Photocopy of one valid ID of the registered owner
How Do I Use the Autosweep Sticker and Card?
Simply breeze through the toll gates of expressways, and the scanner will read your RFID sticker. If the scanner can’t read the sticker, present your Autosweep card to the teller in the toll booth. You may also report the incident to the Autosweep hotline at (02) 5-318-8655(TOLL) or email email@example.com.
For other comments and/or suggestions, submit a customer care form through the website.
How Do I Reload My Autosweep RFID?
What’s great about Autosweep RFID load is that it has no expiration. Also, when you reload from partner merchants, you may ask for official receipts, which will be sent to your registered email within a day or two. Contact the Autosweep hotline for support if you fail to receive your receipt.
Wondering where to load your Autosweep RFID? There are three primary ways to complete your Autosweep RFID reload: over-the-counter, online channels, and kiosks.
👉 How to Load Autosweep RFID Over the Counter
Topping up your Autosweep account is a straightforward process. Just present your RFID card to any reloading site located in select gas stations and bills payment centers and pay for your load:
- Petron gas stations and Treats convenience stores
- Savemore Market
- SM Bills Payment Centers, Business Service Centers, and Hypermarkets
- Bayad Center
- Direct Agent 5 (DA5)
- Robinsons Department Store, Supermarket, and Easymart
- The Marketplace
- Tambunting Pawnshop
- RD Pawnshop
- Villarica Pawnshop
- Smart Padala
- POSIBLE outlets
- Philippine Postal Corporation (PHLPost)
- eBusiness Services (eBIZ) outlets
- Light Rail Manila Corporation
- Isetann Department Store
- Go Beyond Expectation Remittance Company
- U Super Service Center
- Raquel Pawnshop
- CVM Pawnshop and Money Changer
- Sinag Pawnshop
- Cebuana Lhuillier
- Saint Nicolas de Tolentino (SNDT) Express
👉 How to Load Autosweep RFID Online
You can add balance to your Autosweep account via the following online banking channels and e-wallets:
- Bank of Commerce
- EON Bank
- Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation (RCBC)
- Bayad Online
- Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI)
- China Bank
- Robinsons Bank
- Asia United Bank (AUB)
- HelloMoney by AUB
- Banco de Oro (BDO)
- Security Bank
- Home Credit
👉 How to Load Autosweep RFID Through Kiosks
You can also use the following kiosks to top up your account:
- TouchPay partner merchants
- ECPay outlets
- Pay & Go outlets
👉 How to Load Autosweep RFID via GCash
For Autosweep RFID reload via GCash, just follow these simple steps:
- Open your GCash app.
- From the dashboard, go to Bills.
- Select Transportation among the biller categories.
- Select Autosweep RFID.
- Fill out the required fields and click Next.
- Review your payment details. Once done, click Confirm.
- You’ll receive a payment confirmation via SMS and an in-app receipt. You'll also receive an email confirmation if you entered your email upon payment.
👉 How to Load Autosweep RFID at 7-Eleven
To load your RFID at 7-Eleven, follow the steps below:
- If you have the CLiQQ mobile app, open it and go to Pay Bills.
- Click on Transpo/Toll.
- From the options, select RFID.
- Enter your plate or card number, contact number, and the amount you wish to add to your account.
- You'll see a 7-Connect barcode when you submit all the necessary information.
- Save the barcode and present it at any 7-Eleven branch before the transaction request expires.
- Pay a transaction fee of ₱10 on top of your RFID reload amount.
- Wait for your transaction receipt.
If you don’t have the CLiQQ app, fret not. Just proceed to any 7-Eleven store with a working CLiQQ kiosk and follow the steps above.
👉 How to Load Autosweep RFID with a Credit Card
To make reloading more convenient, you can use Autosweep’s auto-debit arrangement (ADA) to connect your credit card to your account. Fill out and submit the Authorization to Use and Charge Credit Card Form, along with photocopies of your credit card and valid IDs, to any Autosweep RFID station.
With ADA, you can set the automatic replenishment amount and the threshold amount. You can choose the minimum, which is ₱500, or specify a different amount.
Here's a list of credit cards you can use for Autosweep RFID reload via credit card:
|Credit Card||Features and Benefits|
HSBC Red Mastercard
HSBC Gold Visa Cash Back
Security Bank Complete Cashback Mastercard
Petron BPI Card
RCBC Flex Gold Visa
How Do I Make an Autosweep RFID Balance Inquiry?
Always check your Autosweep RFID load balance. Motorists entering electronic toll collection (ETC) gates are advised to have at least ₱100 in their account after toll fee deduction to adhere to the ₱100 Autosweep maintaining balance.
There are three ways on how to check your Autosweep balance:
👉 How to Check Autosweep Balance via SMS
Simply send a text message using your Autosweep registered mobile number and plate number.
- Type the SMS in either of these formats:
- Autosweep<space>BALINQ<space>Plate Number
- Autosweep<space>BALINQ<space>Card Number
- Send to 0917 860 8655 (for Globe) and 0918 860 8655 (for Smart)
👉 How to Check Autosweep Balance via the Mobile App
You can also view your balance through the Autosweep RFID mobile app.
- Download the Autosweep RFID app to your mobile device from the Google Play Store.
- Register your email or use your existing Autosweep web portal account details to log in to the app.
If you’re wondering about the Autosweep RFID app for iPhones, note that the app is currently available only for Android users.
👉 How to Check Autosweep Balance Online
Another way on how to check your Autosweep balance is through the Autosweep RFID website.
- Click the Balance Inquiry tab and go to the Customer Web Portal.
- If you haven’t registered for an online account, just click the link to sign up and fill out the required fields.
- Provide your account number and plate number.
- Click Verify Account.
To check your Autosweep RFID SOA, log in to the Customer Web Portal to generate and download your Statement of Account.
- MMDA Number Coding Scheme in Metro Manila: Updated Guide for 2023
- What are the Road Traffic Signs in the Philippines and Their Meanings?
- MMDA Violation Code and Penalty Fee List for Motorists in Metro Manila
What is Autosweep RFID: FAQs
1. What are the participating Autosweep toll plazas in the Toll Regulatory Board (TRB)'s cashless dry run?
TRB's two-month dry run of cashless toll collection is currently in effect, so make sure you have enough in your balance.
Here are the participating Autosweep toll plazas:
- NAIAX - All toll plazas
- Skyway 1 and 2 - Skyway Elevated Alpha and Bravo, C5 Exit and Entry, Nichols Entry, Nichols Exit, Merville Exit, Bicutan Entry SB and NB, Sucat Exit SB and NB, Alabang SB Exit
- SLEX - Filinvest Exit and Entry, Alabang NB and SB, Mamplasan NB, Sta. Rosa NB, ABI SB and NB, Cabuyao SB, Silangan SB, Batino SB Exit, Calamba-Turbina SB Exit, Calamba NB Exit, Canlubang SB Entry, Calamba SB Entry, Calamba-Real NB Entry, Calamba-Turbina A NB Entry
- MCX - All toll plazas
- Skyway 3 - Buendia NB Entry, Buendia SB Exit, Plaza Dilao SB Entry, G. Araneta NB Entry, Quezon Ave. NB Entry, Quezon Ave. NB Exit, Quezon Ave. SB Entry, Del Monte NB Alpha
- TPLEX - Victoria Toll Plaza, Pura Toll Plaza, Anao Toll Plaza, Pozorrubio Toll Plaza, Rosario Toll Plaza
- STAR - Sto. Tomas SB Entry, Sto. Tomas NB Entry, Tanauan NB Entry
2. Can I borrow another person’s Autosweep RFID?
How to transfer Autosweep load to another account? You can't—because an RFID card contains the owner’s vehicle plate number and account number. You can’t borrow another user’s card or lend your card to others to pass through toll plazas.
If you’re selling your vehicle or handing it down to someone else, remove your Autosweep RFID sticker and surrender your Autosweep RFID card to any Autosweep RFID station.
3. How to replace a lost Autosweep RFID?
If you lose your card or if the sticker gets damaged or becomes unreadable, you can get an Autosweep RFID replacement. Go to any Autosweep RFID station, fill out the RFID Sticker Replacement form, and pay ₱200 as a sticker replacement fee.
4. How to deactivate Autosweep RFID?
Fill out a customer request form asking for the termination of the sticker and card. Download the customer request form from the Autosweep RFID website or visit any Autosweep RFID station to get a printed copy.
Now that you know what Autosweep RFID is, don’t you think it’s a must-have if you use your vehicle to commute to work and go on road trips? With the continuous surge of contactless payments, you shouldn’t miss out on the safety and convenience that the Autosweep RFID offers.
Having the right insurance coverage for your car is just as important! Looking to renew your policy or switch to a different provider? Save time and money: Get a free quote from us!
|Car Insurance Company||Maximum Total Sum Insured||CTPL Coverage||Own Damage & Theft Coverage||Acts of Nature Coverage||Death or Disablement Coverage|
The Mercantile Insurance Corporation
OONA Insurance (formerly MAPFRE)
-  and  DOWNLOADABLE FORMS
-  Easytrip Registration Sites for Autosweep Subscribers
-  Toll Rate Matrix (Toll Regulatory Board)
-  Personal Account Autosweep Premium RFID Subscription Agreement
-  Business Account Autosweep Premium RFID Subscription Agreement
-  Autosweep Customer Care Form
-  ADA (Auto-Debit Arrangement) Application
-  Dry run of cashless toll collection begins Sept. 1 —TRB (GMA, 2023)