Do you often use the expressways on your daily trips? You know how long queues can get—it can take you half an hour or longer to line up for toll fee payment. And when you get to the toll booth, you’ll have to look for change.
But the Autosweep RFID system has changed it all. Since the Toll Interoperability Project of the Department of Transportation was implemented in December 2017, motorists who travel from the south can go straight to toll plazas in the north, and vice-versa.
Cashless transaction and reduced time spent at the toll gates are the greatest appeal of the radio-frequency identification (RFID) technology.
If you want to avoid the cash lanes and instead pass through the RFID lanes, here are the important things to know.
Where to Use Autosweep RFID
[caption id="attachment_29357" align="alignnone" width="600"]
Photo by Judgefloro via Wikimedia Commons[/caption]
The Autosweep RFID system can be used in the following expressways:
Read more: Build Build Build: 9 New Roads to Solve Traffic Problems in the Philippines
- North Luzon Expressway (NLEX)
- Subic-Clark-Tarlac Expressway (SCTEX)
- Manila-Cavite Expressway (CAVITEX)
- Muntinlupa–Cavite Expressway (MCX)
- Metro Manila Skyway
- NAIA Expressway (NAIAX)
- South Luzon Expressway (SLEX)
Autosweep RFID Application
[caption id="attachment_29358" align="alignnone" width="539"]
Instagram photo by @sweepcard[/caption]
You can get an Autosweep RFID for free and enroll up to five vehicles under one account. It’s easy to apply for one, whether for personal or corporate use.
How to Get an Autosweep RFID
- Download the subscription form on the Autosweep RFID website. Here are the quick links to the form for personal accounts and business accounts.
- Print and fill out the form.
- Gather and photocopy the Autosweep requirements (See the list below).
- Submit your supporting documents to any Autosweep RFID installation site or temporary booth at various locations.
- Pay the initial load:
– PHP 500 (Class 1 vehicles: cars, motorcycles, vans, taxis, and jeepneys)
– PHP 1,000 (Class 2 and 3 vehicles: light trucks, buses, and multi-axled trucks)
- Wait for your Autosweep to be activated after two to 12 hours (for first-time RFID applicants) before using it in toll booths.
During your Autosweep RFID application, an RFID sticker will be installed either on the upper portion of your vehicle’s windshield or headlights (if your windshield is heavily tinted).
In addition to the RFID sticker, you’ll be issued a plastic card that you can use when the scanner cannot read the sticker. So bring this card in your car all the time.
Requirements for Autosweep RFID Application
- Valid ID
- Vehicle’s certificate of registration and official receipt (OR/CR)
- DTI/SEC registration documents
- BIR registration papers
- Secretary’s Certificate
- Valid ID of the company president
- Valid ID of the authorized representative
- Vehicle’s certificate of registration and official receipt (OR/CR)
Autosweep RFID Enrollment in Easytrip
To be able to use your Autosweep RFID in the toll gates of NLEX, CAVITEX, and SCTEX, you need to register first for an Easytrip account.
Here are the steps that first-time users of the Autosweep RFID should know:
How to Register Autosweep RFID to Easytrip
- Go to any of these registration stations:
– Balintawak Customer Service Center in NLEX
– TOTAL gas station in Kawit, Cavite
– Parañaque Southbound POS in CAVITEX.
- Show your Autosweep card to the ESC POS (Easytrip Services Corporation Point of Sale).
- Wait while the ESC POS inspects your card. It will check if the Autosweep tag is working, if the tag has EPC & TID Numbers, and if your vehicle already has an Easytrip/EasyDrive tag.
- Accomplish the subscription form and sign the Terms and Conditions. Filling out an Auto Debit form is optional.
- Pay PHP 500 for your Easytrip account’s initial load.
- The ESC POS will stick your Easytrip account number on your Autosweep card.
Your account will be activated after three working days, which means you can already use your Autosweep tag at any MPTC tollway. You’ll also receive a text notification from the ESC about when you can claim your Easytrip card.
How to Use Autosweep RFID Sticker and Card
Simply breeze through the toll gates of expressways, and the scanner will read your RFID sticker. If the scanner can’t read the sticker, present your Autosweep card to the teller in the toll booth. Also, report the incident to Autosweep through its customer hotline: (02) 318-8655(TOLL) or email: email@example.com.
Because the RFID card contains the owner’s vehicle plate number and account number, it isn’t transferrable. So you can’t borrow your dad’s or friend’s card (or lend your card to others) to pass through toll plazas.
If you’re selling your vehicle or handing it down to your child or sibling, request for termination of your Autosweep account for that car first. Just use the Subscriber Request Form
to deactivate the card.
Autosweep RFID Balance Inquiry
Always check and ensure you have sufficient balance on your account. The minimum net balance must be PHP 100 after toll fee deduction.
Your RFID card will be confiscated if you pass an RFID lane and your balance is zero or insufficient to pay for your toll fee. To avoid confiscation, observe the maintaining balance requirement or don’t take the RFID lane if your balance is lower than that.
How to Check Autosweep RFID Balance via SMS
Simply send a text message using the mobile number and plate number registered under your Autosweep account.
Type the SMS in this format: AUTOSWEEP<space>BALINQ<space>Plate Number
AUTOSWEEP BALINQ ABC123
Then send to any of these numbers:
- Globe: (0917) 860-8655
- Smart: (0918) 860-8655
How to Check Autosweep RFID Balance Online
Another way to view your balance is to use the Autosweep RFID website. Simply access its Balance Inquiry page
If you haven’t registered for an online account yet, fill out the fields under the Register Account section. Provide your account number, plate number, email address, and complete name.
If you already have an online account, log in using your email address and password under the Sign-In Account section.
Autosweep RFID Reloading
[caption id="attachment_29360" align="alignnone" width="600"]
Photo from ECPay Facebook page[/caption]
How to Load Autosweep RFID
Topping up your Autosweep account is a straightforward process. Just present your RFID card to any reloading site located in select gas stations and bills payment centers
and pay for your load.
- Petron stations
- Shell stations
- Bayad Center
- SM Bills Payment Centers
- Robinsons Department Store Business Centers
- San Mig Food Ave.
- ECPay outlets (e.g., 7-Eleven CLiQQ)
- TouchPay partner merchants
- Bank of Commerce
- EON branches
- Direct Agent 5 (DA5)
- Tambunting Pawnshop
- RD Pawnshop
Unfortunately, payments via online or mobile banking facilities aren’t yet available as of this writing.
But a more convenient way to reload an Autosweep account is automatic reloading via your credit card. Just fill out and submit the Authorization to Use and Charge Credit Card Form
along with a photocopy of your valid ID and the front of your card to any RFID station.
Have you tried using the Autosweep RFID? Does it deliver on its promise? How has it changed your commuting experience so far? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!