Movement from point to point may have fundamentally changed due to the pandemic. But for many of us, travel still remains a key part of our day-to-day. Whether it’s people or objects that are moved around, travel can’t be altogether erased from our routines.
If you’re someone who often has to be on the road, you know how much of a hassle it can be to travel across cities, provinces, and even regions. With traffic being a constant problem in the Philippines, expressways are almost heaven-sent. Almost—because even they get clogged at toll plazas.
Enter radio-frequency identification or RFID. This technology facilitates cashless transactions at toll gates, significantly reducing your time spent queueing and paying for expressway toll fees. Autosweep RFID is one of the primary RFID systems used in major expressways in the Philippines. Here’s a quick guide on how to use it.
Which Tollways Does Autosweep RFID Cover?
Autosweep can be used in the following expressways:
- South Luzon Expressway (SLEX)
- Metro Manila Skyway System
- NAIA Expressway (NAIAX)
- Southern Tagalog Arterial Road (STAR) Tollway
- Tarlac-Pangasinan-La Union Expressway (TPLEX)
- Muntinlupa-Cavite Expressway (MCX)
Are Autosweep and Easytrip the Same?
Autosweep and Easytrip are similar but not the same. Both are RFID systems that provide contactless and cashless payments in major tollways in the Philippines.
However, Autosweep is for tollways managed by the San Miguel Corporation (SMC), while Easytrip is for those under the Metro Pacific Tollways Corporation (MPTC).
To better visualize which RFID system is accepted where, see the table below:
|South Luzon Expressway (SLEX)||Autosweep|
|Metro Manila Skyway System||Autosweep|
|NAIA Expressway (NAIAX)||Autosweep|
|Southern Tagalog Arterial Roads (STAR) Tollway||Autosweep|
|Tarlac-Pangasinan-La Union Expressway (TPLEX)||Autosweep|
|Muntinlupa-Cavite Expressway (MCX)||Autosweep|
|North Luzon Expressway (NLEX)||Easytrip|
|Subic-Clark-Tarlac Expressway (SCTEX)||Easytrip|
|Manila-Cavite Toll Expressway (CAVITEX)||Easytrip|
|Cavite-Laguna Expressway (CALAX)||Easytrip|
Can I Merge Autosweep and Easytrip?
No. Each of them has its own specific use, and there’s no possibility yet for the two to be combined.
The Easytrip sticker’s not accepted within the Autosweep system. Moreover, if you want to link your Autosweep sticker with Easytrip, you have to apply for an Easytrip account. Using your Autosweep sticker, Easytrip will assign you a new account that you’ll have to reload separately.
You’ll be responsible for maintaining the two accounts, one of which you can use for SMC toll roads and the other only for MPTC toll roads.
How Do I Apply for an Autosweep RFID Account?
If you’re wondering about how to get Autosweep RFID cards, the process is fast and easy. Also, Autosweep RFID stickers are free, so there’s no need to shell out extra money for registration. There’s just an initial load requirement depending on your vehicle type. But that’s consumable, so it’s technically not an extra cost for you.
Class 1 vehicles (i.e., cars, jeepneys, vans, pick-ups, and motorcycles) need to avail a minimum initial load of ₱200, while Class 2 vehicles (i.e., buses and light trucks) and Class 3 vehicles (i.e., large trucks with or without trailers) need to load up at least ₱1,000.
There are two types of Autosweep RFID cards that you can get: Autosweep To Go (ATG) and Autosweep Premium.
How to Apply for an Autosweep To Go Card
You can get an Autosweep To Go card at Autosweep RFID installation sites in just five minutes. Just follow these steps to complete your application:
- Download and print the ATG subscription form from the Autosweep RFID website.
- Fill out the form with the following details:
- Date of enrollment
- Subscriber’s full name
- Mobile number
- Email address
- Vehicle make and model
- Vehicle color and year
- Plate number or conduction number
- Subscriber’s signature
- Submit the filled-out form at any Autosweep RFID station.
Take note that you can enroll only one vehicle per ATG account. Also, you can top up your Autosweep balance using the different types of payment methods outlined further down below, except for auto-debit options via credit card.
How to Apply for an Autosweep Premium Card
Autosweep Premium cards are available only at Autosweep RFID customer service centers. Getting one can take up to 15 minutes.
Also, unlike the ATG card application that requires only a filled-out subscription form, Autosweep RFID registration for premium accounts has documentary requirements. Follow the steps below to complete your application:
- Prepare the Land Transportation Office (LTO) Official Receipt (OR) for your vehicle, as well as the Certification of Registration (CR). Bring both the original and photocopies to be sure.
- Prepare a valid identification card bearing your photo and signature. Bring photocopies as well.
- If you’re not the registered owner of the vehicle, prepare an authorization letter from the registered owner or a notarized copy of the deed of sale of the vehicle. Also prepare a photocopy of the registered owner’s valid ID.
- Download and print the Autosweep Premium subscription agreement either for personal or business use from the Autosweep RFID website.
- Submit the filled-out form at any Autosweep RFID customer service center.
You can enroll multiple vehicles under one Autosweep Premium account. Also, you can top up your Autosweep RFID balance using various payment methods, as outlined further down below.
What are the Requirements for Autosweep RFID Application?
Here’s a quick list of the requirements for an Autosweep RFID.
Autosweep To Go Account:
- Filled-out Autosweep To Go Subscription Form
Autosweep Premium Personal Account:
- Filled-out Autosweep RFID subscription agreement for personal account
- Photocopy of
- One valid ID bearing the photo and signature of the subscriber
- Vehicle’s official receipt (OR) from LTO and certificate of registration (CR)
Autosweep Premium Business Account:
- Filled-out Autosweep RFID subscription agreement for business account
- Photocopy of
- one valid ID bearing the photo and signature of the authorized representative
- Business permit or DTI/SEC registration documents
- BIR registration (BIR 2303)
- Secretary's Certificate stating the authorized signatories for the Autosweep RFID transaction
- Authorization letter from the authorized signatory
- Photocopy of the vehicle’s official receipt (OR) from LTO and certificate of registration (CR)
If the vehicle's not under the name of the subscriber, prepare the following documents:
- Authorization letter from the registered owner or copy of the notarized deed of sale of the vehicle
- Photocopy of one valid ID of the registered owner
Can I Get an Autosweep RFID Online?
All the forms you need to make an account with Autosweep can be found online. The Autosweep website has a specific page for downloadable forms. However, there’s no Autosweep online registration yet, so you still have to go on site to process your application.
A step-by-step guide on how to apply for an Autosweep account is available above.
How Do I Register My Autosweep RFID to Easytrip?
Follow the steps below to register your Autosweep RFID to Easytrip.
- Bring your vehicle that has an Autosweep RFID to any designated Easytrip registration site.
- Fill out the subscription form given by an authorized Easytrip customer service representative (CSR).
- The CSR will inspect your vehicle’s Autosweep RFID to register your account with Easytrip.
- Pay for the initial Easytrip RFID load of ₱1,000.
- Wait for your Eastrip account to be activated within 24 hours.
- Your Easytrip card will be released within seven days after registration. It may take longer depending on the current demand.
How Do I Use the Autosweep Sticker and Card?
Simply breeze through the toll gates of expressways, and the scanner will read your RFID sticker. If the scanner can’t read the sticker, present your Autosweep card to the teller in the toll booth. You may report the incident to Autosweep through its customer hotline: (02) 5-318-8655(TOLL) or email: email@example.com. For other comments and/or suggestions, you may submit a customer care form through the website.
Can I Borrow Another Person’s Autosweep RFID?
Because an RFID card contains the owner’s vehicle plate number and account number, it isn’t transferrable. You can’t borrow another user’s card or lend your card to others to pass through toll plazas.
If you’re selling your vehicle or handing it down to someone else, make sure to remove your Autosweep RFID sticker and surrender your Autosweep RFID card to any Autosweep RFID station. On top of that, you must fill out a customer request form asking for the termination of the sticker and card.
You may either download the customer request form from the Autosweep RFID website or visit any Autosweep RFID station to get a printed copy.
How Do I Make an Autosweep RFID Balance Inquiry?
Always checking your Autosweep RFID load balance is important as you need to constantly be aware of how much is left in your account. Motorists entering electronic toll collection (ETC) gates are advised to have at least ₱100 in their account after toll fee deduction to adhere to the ₱100 maintaining balance.
There are three ways on how to check Autosweep RFID balance:
How to Check Your Autosweep RFID Balance via SMS
Simply send a text message using the mobile number and plate number registered under your Autosweep account.
Autosweep To-Go (ATG) Accounts
- Type the SMS in this format: Autosweep<space>BALINQ<space>ATGCardNumber
- Example: Autosweep BALINQ AB1234
Autosweep Premium Accounts
- Type the SMS in this format: Autosweep<space>BALINQ<space>PlateNumber
- Example: Autosweep BALINQ ABC123
Then send to any of these numbers:
- Globe: (0917) 860-8655
- Smart: (0918) 860-8655
How to Check Your Autosweep RFID Balance via the Mobile App
Another way to view your balance is through the Autosweep RFID mobile app.
- To download the app, use your mobile device to go to the Autosweep RFID website.
- Go to the Balance Inquiry tab and click on the mobile app download link. An APK file will be saved to your device.
- To install the app, open the APK file on your Downloads folder.
- Tap ‘Yes’ when prompted.
- Once you’ve successfully installed the app, enter your Autosweep RFID login details to check your balance.
The app is currently available only for Android users.
How to Check Your Autosweep RFID Balance Online
Another way on how to check your Autosweep balance is through the Autosweep RFID website.
- Simply click on the Balance Inquiry tab, and go to the Customer Web Portal.
- If you haven’t registered for an online account yet, fill out the fields under the Register Account section.
- Provide your account number, plate or card number, email address, and complete name.
- If you already have an online account, log in using your email address and password under the Sign-In Account section.
How Do I Reload My Autosweep RFID?
What’s great about Autosweep RFID load is that it has no expiration. Also, when you reload from partner merchants, you may ask for official receipts, which will be sent to your registered email within a day or two. If you fail to receive your receipt, you may contact the Autosweep RFID Customer Care Hotline for support.
There are three primary ways to complete your Autosweep RFID reload: over the counter, through online channels, and using kiosks.
How to Load Autosweep RFID Over the Counter
Topping up your Autosweep account is a straightforward process. Just present your RFID card to any reloading site located in select gas stations and bills payment centers and pay for your load:
- Petron gas stations and Treats convenience stores
- Savemore Market
- SM Bills Payment Centers, Business Service Centers, and Hypermarkets
- Bayad Center
- Direct Agent 5 (DA5)
- Robinsons Department Store, Supermarket, and Easymart
- The Marketplace
- Tambunting Pawnshop
- RD Pawnshop
- Villarica Pawnshop
- Smart Padala by PayMaya
- POSIBLE outlets
- Philippine Postal Corporation (PHLPost)
- eBusiness Services (eBIZ) outlets
- Light Rail Manila Corporation
- Isetann Department Store
- Go Beyond Expectation Remittance Company
- U Super Service Center
- Raquel Pawnshop
- CVM Pawnshop and Money Changer
- Sinag Pawnshop
- Cebuana Lhuillier
- Saint Nicolas de Tolentino (SNDT) Express
How to Load Autosweep RFID Online
You can add balance to your Autosweep account via the following online banking channels and e-wallets:
- Bank of Commerce
- EON Bank
- Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation (RCBC)
- Bayad Online
- Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI)
- China Bank
- Robinsons Bank
- Asia United Bank (AUB)
- HelloMoney by AUB
- Banco de Oro (BDO)
- Security Bank
- Home Credit
How to Load Autosweep RFID Through Kiosks
You can also use the following kiosks to top up your account:
- TouchPay partner merchants
- ECPay outlets
- eTap outlets
- Pay & Go outlets
How to Load Autosweep RFID Using GCash
For Autosweep RFID reload via GCash, just follow these simple steps:
- Open your GCash app.
- From the dashboard, go to ‘Pay Bills.’
- Select ‘Transportation’ among the biller categories.
- Select ‘Autosweep RFID.’
- Fill out the required fields and click ‘Next.’
- Review your payment details. Once done, click ‘Next.’
- You’ll receive a payment confirmation via SMS as well as an in-app receipt. If you entered your email upon payment, you'll also receive an email confirmation.
How to Load Autosweep RFID at 7-Eleven
To load your RFID at 7-Eleven, follow the steps below:
- If you have the CLiQQ mobile app, open it and go to ‘Pay Bills.’
- Click on ‘Transpo/Toll.’
- From the options, select ‘RFID.’
- Enter your plate number, contact number, and the amount you wish to add to your account.
- You'll see a 7-Connect barcode when you submit all the necessary information.
- Save the barcode and present it at any 7-Eleven branch before the transaction request expires.
- Pay a transaction fee of ₱10 on top of your RFID reload amount.
- Wait for your transaction receipt.
If you don’t have the CLiQQ app, fret not. Just proceed to any 7-Eleven store with a working CLiQQ kiosk and follow the steps above.
How to Load Autosweep RFID Using Credit Card
To make reloading more convenient, you can use Autosweep’s auto-debit arrangement (ADA) to connect your credit card to your account. All you have to do is fill out and submit to any Autosweep RFID station the Authorization to Use and Charge Credit Card Form along with photocopies of your credit card and valid IDs.
With ADA, you can set the automatic replenishment amount as well as the threshold amount. You can choose the minimum, which is ₱500 for each, or specify a different amount.
Here's a list of credit cards you can use for Autosweep RFID reload via credit card:
FEATURES & BENEFITS
SHELL CITI CARD
METROBANK TOYOTA MASTERCARD
AUB CLASSIC MASTERCARD
HSBC GOLD VISA CASH BACK
Whether you’re using your vehicle to commute to work, going on a road trip near Manila, or traveling from north to south and vice versa, an Autosweep RFID account is a must-have. With contactless payment seeing a continuous surge in the new normal, you shouldn’t miss out on the safety and convenience it offers. Get an Autosweep RFID account today!