For fresh college graduates and first-time employees, membership in the Pag-IBIG Fund (as well as PhilHealth and SSS) is like a rite of passage into adulthood. It marks your beginning as a full-fledged career professional.
Fortunately, you can now finish most government transactions, like Pag-IBIG membership registration, online. That means there’s no need to travel to the nearest Pag-IBIG office and wait in line to register as a member.
It takes only a few minutes and several clicks to enroll as a Pag-IBIG member—a lot faster and more convenient than manual registration. To make the process even easier, here's a simple guide to Pag-IBIG online registration this 2023.
What is Pag-IBIG Online Registration?
Pag-IBIG online registration refers to the process of enrolling yourself as a Pag-IBIG Fund member through the Pag-IBIG website. It involves submitting your information, generating your Member’s Data Form (MDF), and getting your Pag-IBIG Membership ID (MID) Number through its Online Membership Registration facility.
Note that the Pag-IBIG online registration system is intended only for those enrolling as new members.
Who Should Register for Pag-IBIG Membership?
Pag-IBIG membership may be mandatory or voluntary, depending on the person's source of income.
Mandatory Pag-IBIG Membership
Mandatory coverage under the Pag-IBIG Fund means membership is required for the following people:
- Employees in the private sector (permanent, temporary, or provisional status) up to 60 years old
- Government employees with GSIS coverage, regardless of appointment status
- Self-employed individuals up to 60 years old earning at least ₱1,000 a month
- Kasambahays (e.g., household helpers, cooks, drivers, gardeners, etc.) with a monthly salary of at least ₱1,000
- Land-based and sea-based OFWs
- Filipinos employed by foreign-based employers, whether deployed locally or abroad
- Uniformed personnel (Philippine National Police, Armed Forces of the Philippines, Bureau of Fire Protection, etc.)
- Expats up to 60 years old who are compulsorily covered by the SSS
If you don't belong to any groups that qualify for mandatory Pag-IBIG membership, you can still apply as a voluntary member.
Voluntary Pag-IBIG Membership
Registration with the Pag-IBIG Fund is optional for the following individuals aged 18 to 65:
- Non-working spouse of registered Pag-IBIG members
- Filipino employees of a foreign government or international organization
- Employees of employers with a waiver or suspension of coverage by the Pag-IBIG Fund
- Religious group leaders and members
- Pensioners, investors, and other individuals with passive income or allowances
- Public officials and employees without GSIS coverage (e.g., barangay officials, Sangguniang Kabataan members, etc.)
Pag-IBIG Membership Benefits
It’s more than just a requirement for a new job—there are several good reasons to enroll as a Pag-IBIG Fund member. Pag-IBIG benefits help members meet their short-term and long-term financial needs.
When you become a Pag-IBIG member, you can do the following:
- Regularly save money for retirement and other financial goals through the Pag-IBIG Regular Savings Program and MP2 Program
- Borrow funds for different purposes through its loans (Pag-IBIG housing loan, multi-purpose loan, and calamity loan) with low interest rates and long repayment terms
- Enjoy discounts, rewards, and other perks at partner establishments through the Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card Plus
Pag-IBIG Online Registration 2023: How to Register Through Virtual Pag-IBIG
Pag-IBIG online registration in 2023 is a quick and straightforward process. Here’s how you can access the Pag-IBIG online registration website on your smartphone, laptop, computer, or tablet.
- Go to the Pag-IBIG Fund website, hover your mouse over the E-Services tab on the menu, and click on Membership Registration. It will take you to the Online Membership Registration page.
- Alternatively, you can access the Pag-IBIG online registration website by going to the Virtual Pag-IBIG site and clicking Be a Member. Click Continue to proceed to the Online Membership Registration page.
- You can also proceed directly to the page at www.pagibigfundservices.com/PubReg/Starter_Page.aspx.
If you don’t have a Pag-IBIG membership yet, just follow these Pag-IBIG online application steps:
- Fill out the online form by entering your last name, first name, middle name (tick the box if there’s no middle name), and date of birth (following the mm/dd/yy format).
- Input the CAPTCHA code and click the Submit button.
- Complete the online membership registration form by supplying your personal details, address, and contact information. You’ll also need to provide your list of heirs (optional), member category, and employment history (if applicable).
- After completing the Pag-IBIG membership online form, click the Submit Registration button.
- The Successful Registration page will appear. Take note of your Registration Tracking Number. Click the Print MDF button to print or save your enrollment form.
- After two working days, you can verify your permanent Pag-IBIG ID number by visiting the Pag-IBIG Membership ID (MID) Number Inquiry page. After which, employed members should submit it to their employer as part of the Pag-IBIG online registration for new employees.
Self-employed members can already use the Registration Tracking Number to pay their Pag-IBIG contributions.
If you don't have an internet connection at home, you can still visit a Pag-IBIG branch and ask an employee to assist you with how to apply with Pag-IBIG online.
Related article: The Complete Guide to Claiming Your Pag-IBIG Contributions
How to Verify Your Pag-IBIG MID Number
You can verify your Pag-IBIG number by going to the Virtual Pag-IBIG website. Click on Be a Member and then Verify MID No. Enter your Registration Tracking Number, last name, and date of birth, and then click Submit. It will display your Pag-IBIG MID number.
You can also opt for the following methods:
👉 Via Lingkod Pag-IBIG Chat
Click the Lingkod Pag-IBIG chat box on the lower right portion of the Virtual Pag-IBIG website. Fill out the online form and select Member ID Number under What is your concern? Click Submit and wait for a representative to assist you.
👉 Via SMS
Text IDSTAT<space>[RTN]<space>[Birth date in MM/DD/YYYY format] and send to 0917-888-4363 (Globe) or 0918-898-4363 (Smart).
👉 Via Pag-IBIG Hotline
Get your MID number by calling the Pag-IBIG Hotline at 8-PAG-IBIG (8724-4244). You'll be required to answer three security questions correctly (for identity verification purposes) before you receive your Pag-IBIG number.
👉 Via Email
Use Pag-IBIG MID Number as your subject line, and make sure to include your full name, date of birth, and mother’s maiden name in the body of your email. Attach a photo of your valid ID and send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, provide the same information through the Pag-IBIG Fund Contact Us page. Fill out the online form and select ID Card/Number from the options. Copy the code in the box, and then click Send.
👉 Via In-Branch Inquiry
If none of the two methods above work, go to the nearest Pag-IBIG branch to request your MID number. Remember to bring a valid ID, which you'll present to the staff to prove your identity.
👉 Via Facebook
Go to the official Facebook page of Pag-IBIG Fund and click the Message button. State your inquiry regarding your Pag-IBIG Membership ID number and provide the required information for verification purposes.
FAQs on Pag-IBIG Online Registration 2023
1. What are the Pag-IBIG online application requirements?
There’s no need to submit anything to the Pag-IBIG Fund for your online membership application. The Pag-IBIG Fund doesn't require documents for those who use the Pag-IBIG online registration system.
However, you should have a copy of your birth certificate on hand. You'll refer to this document when filling out the Pag-IBIG membership form online. The personal information (such as birth date, mother's maiden name, etc.) you provide for your Pag-IBIG online registration should match the data on your birth certificate.
2. How can I get my Pag-IBIG registration number online?
Your Pag-IBIG Registration Tracking Number (RTN) will be generated when you complete your Pag-IBIG online registration form. It will be displayed after you click the Submit button. Take a screenshot or print and download the page for your reference.
3. Does having a Pag-IBIG number mean I'm already a member?
No. Completing the Pag-IBIG online registration and being issued a MID number doesn't automatically mean your membership has started. Your actual membership with the Pag-IBIG Fund will begin after you've paid your first monthly contribution.
4. How to create and log in to Pag-IBIG online account?
If you need to avail of a Pag-IBIG service online, like checking your loan or savings records or contributing to MP2, use the Virtual Pag-IBIG portal.
Virtual Pag-IBIG offers three options for creating an online account: through the member's Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card Plus, account activation at the nearest Pag-IBIG branch, and a separate account creation method for OFWs.
5. How to update Pag-IBIG online membership?
You can’t update or correct your Pag-IBIG membership record online. For security purposes, Pag-IBIG requires its members to visit a Pag-IBIG office to request a membership information update. Submit a printed copy of the accomplished Member’s Data Form (MDF).
Pag-IBIG online registration in 2023 should be quick and hassle-free. However, if you need help with the online system, you may contact the Pag-IBIG hotline or chat with a customer service agent through the Pag-IBIG Fund website.