Complete Guide to PLDT Fibr Plans for Your Internet Needs
Published: July 29, 2021 | Updated: September 6, 2021 | Posted by: Moneymax | Personal Finance
When choosing an internet service provider, PLDT is usually the top choice of Filipinos due to its nationwide coverage and affordable plans. However, with so many providers in the market, it is important to know how to find the best internet service deal. Let’s review the available PLDT plans for 2021 and how they differ.
Table of Contents
- First Things First: What is PLDT’s Main Service Now?
- What are the PLDT Plans for 2021?
- How to Apply for a PLDT Plan
- How to Upgrade to Another PLDT Fibr Plan
- Is There a PLDT Fibr Installation Fee?
- Do PLDT Plans for 2021 Have a Lock-in Period?
- Final Thoughts
First Things First: What is PLDT’s Main Service Now?
When it comes to connectivity services, PLDT has cemented its strong reputation through its Direct Subscriber Line (DSL) internet services. However, PLDT no longer offers this service. Its flagship service now is the Fibr connection.
You may ask about the difference between DSL and Fibr. PLDT DSL delivers internet connection using copper wire technology. Fibr, on the other hand, uses fiber optic technology where the internet connection comes from light signals running through thin glass wires.
According to PLDT, its Fibr connection can deliver speeds up to 1Gbps. Unlike DSL, a fiber connection makes equal upload and download internet speeds possible, thus allowing you to send data as fast as you can receive it from others.
- Internet in the Philippines: Why is It Slow and Expensive?
- Who Will Challenge PLDT and Globe in the Telco Market?
What are the PLDT Plans for 2021?
PLDT offers internet services in two categories: Fibr and Home Biz Fibr. Each category has two types of services.
- Unlimited Fibr – Unlimited internet access bundled with a landline service
- Fibr Plus – Unlimited internet access bundled with a landline service and mesh WiFi points to prevent no dead spots in your home
PLDT Home Biz Fibr
- Asenso Fibr – Package for at-home entrepreneurs and small businesses
- Upgrade Asenso Fibr – Services for existing PLDT subscribers looking to upgrade their internet for business
Here’s a more detailed guide to PLDT Plans for 2021.
PLDT Fibr Plans
Unlimited Fibr Plans
This PLDT Fibr service is best for small to medium families. You can go for a starter PLDT Fibr plan under this category if you’re just dipping your toes into the the company’s services.
|PLDT Fibr Plan||Price||Inclusions||Best For|
|Unli Fibr Plan 1699||PHP 1,699||Heavy surfing, video calls, and Standard Definition (SD) streaming on up to three devices|
|Unli Fibr Plan 2099||PHP 2,099||High Definition (HD) streaming, online gaming on more than three devices, transfers of big files|
|Unli Fibr Plan 2699||PHP 2,699||Ultra HD streaming, online gaming on multiple devices, transfers of big files|
|Unli Fibr Plan 3799||PHP 3,799||Buffer-free HD streaming on more than seven devices, instant file transfers|
|Unli Fibr Plan 5799||PHP 5,799||Buffer-free 4K streaming and competitive, heavy-duty online gaming on more than 10 devices|
|Unli Fibr Plan 9499||PHP 9,499||Detailed service description not provided. But presumably, it can offer more compared to the rest of Unlimited Fibr plans.|
Fibr Plus Plans
Plans under Fibr Plus are perfect for larger families who live in larger homes. Each plan comes with a set of mesh points, which can be installed throughout the house, to make sure that there will be no dead spots. Likewise, these plans are perfect for PLDT subscribers who are planning to upgrade.
|PLDT Fibr Plus Plan||Price||Inclusions||Best For|
|Fibr Plus Plan 2399||PHP 2,399||HD streaming, transfers of large files, and online gaming on more than three devices|
|Fibr Plus Plan 2999||PHP 2,999||Ultra HD streaming, transfers of large files, and online gaming on multiple devices|
|Fibr Plus Plan 4099||PHP 4,099||Instant file transfers and seamless HD streaming on more than seven devices|
|Fibr Plus Plan 6099||PHP 6,099||Smart homes that are heavily dependent on reliable internet connection. Ideal for seamless 4K streaming and competitive gaming on more than 10 devices.|
|Fibr Plus Plan 9999||PHP 9,999||Smart homes that are heavily dependent on reliable internet connection. Ideal for seamless 4K streaming, competitive gaming, transfers of terabytes of school and work data on more than 10 devices.|
PLDT Home Biz Fibr Plans
Asenso Fibr Plans
These plans are ideal for enterprising individuals who are starting a business at home or for those migrating to a small shop.
|PLDT Asenso Fibr Plan||Price||Inclusions||Best For|
|Asenso Fibr Plan 1599||PHP 1,599||For home-based entrepreneurs who accept small orders and maintain a basic tech infrastructure|
|Asenso Fibr Plan 2099||PHP 2,099||For entrepreneurs who have moved to a small shop and are building their tech infrastructure|
Upgrade Asenso Fibr Plans
If you have already maintained a solid stream of income and you want to invest more in your tech infrastructure, you can upgrade your existing Asenso Fibr Plan to a much more advanced package. Here are your choices:
|PLDT Upgrade Asenso Fibr Plan||Price||Inclusions|
|Upgrade Asenso Fibr Plan 1999||PHP 1,999|
|Upgrade Asenso Fibr Plan 2699||PHP 2,699|
|Upgrade Asenso Fibr Plan 2999||PHP 2,999|
|Upgrade Asenso Fibr Plan 3999||PHP 3,999|
|Upgrade Asenso Fibr Plan 4999||PHP 4,999|
How to Apply for a PLDT Plan
You can easily apply for a PLDT Plan for 2021 online. Here are the steps you need to follow.
- Go to the PLDT Home website (pldthome.com).
- Pick the plan that you want to avail. Click “Apply Now.”
- You’ll then be directed to a page where PLDT will perform a coverage check. Provide your address so that PLDT can determine if its service covers your neighborhood.
- If it’s determined that your neighborhood is covered by PLDT, fill out the application form. You’ll also be required to attach a picture of your valid government-issued ID.
- Once you’ve completed your application, PLDT will send you a confirmation through email or SMS. You’ll also receive a call within 24 to 48 hours for the validation of your application details.
How to Upgrade to Another PLDT Fibr Plan
If you’re a current PLDT plan subscriber, you can also apply for an upgrade online. Here are the things that you need to do.
- Go to the PLDT Home website.
- Pick the plan that you want to avail. Click “Upgrade Now.”
- You’ll then be directed to the application page. Provide your 10-digit account number, existing PLDT landline number, and personal details.
- After reviewing your application details, click on “Submit.”
Note: Applications for PLDT Fibr plan upgrades are subject to account validation and existing credit policies within 24 to 48 hours.
Is There a PLDT Fibr Installation Fee?
For PLDT Unlimited Fibr and Fibr Plus plans, installation and activation are free of charge. For Home Biz Fibr plans, installation and modem fees up to PHP 3,000 will be waived.
Do PLDT Plans for 2021 Have a Lock-in Period?
PLDT plans for 2021 typically have a 36-month lock-in period (three years). If you’re upgrading to a discounted plan, there will be an additional lock-in period of 12 months.
When choosing a PLDT plan, consider your budget and daily internet usage. If you’re a heavy internet user that regularly downloads content and streams video simultaneously, PLDT Unli Fibr plans are your best bet. If you only browse the web occasionally, perhaps a prepaid PLDT Home WiFi will suit you best.
- Detailed Guide to Choosing an Internet Provider in the Philippines
- Your Guide to Choosing the Right Globe Broadband Plan
-  PLDT Home Launches New Bigger, Better, and Faster Fibr Plans (Manila Standard, 2018)
-  PLDT Fibr Plan FAQs
-  PLDT Coverage Check and Application Form
With a goal to help Filipinos lead healthier financial lives, Moneymax regularly publishes tips and tricks on personal finance and lifestyle, among many other topics. For more finance-related news and articles, follow Moneymax on Linkedin.