The Land Transportation Office (LTO) is among the agencies heavily affected by the pandemic. Lockdowns have halted regular operations, which in turn put important transactions on hold. While this was a hassle for many, it was a necessary measure to keep everyone safe.
Thankfully, the operations of some government agencies have already resumed now that the pandemic appears to be under control. The offices and their clients are picking up where they left off. It’s also obvious that there will be a lot of adjustments to be made in terms of dealing with backlogs and accommodating clients.
Whether you have a pending transaction with the LTO or you’re planning to initiate a new one, we’ve put together a simple guide to help you manage your expectations. We’ve also included a list of LTO branches in Metro Manila to aid you in planning and scheduling your transaction.
Table of Contents
- Is LTO Open Today?
- LTO Branches in Metro Manila
- LTO Branches FAQs
- What You Need to Do Before Going to an LTO Office
- Final Thoughts
Is LTO Open Today?
Yes! LTO resumed its operations in its offices in Metro Manila last May 3, 2021. But the reopening of the offices saw some major changes―from the strict implementation of health and safety protocols to the release of new guidelines on new work arrangements of the employees. All these adjustments certainly have an impact on how you’ll conduct your business at the office.
LTO Branches in Metro Manila
Listed below are the main and extension offices of the LTO. We’ve also included the telephone number and email address of each office so you can easily contact them.
- Location: BUTEL Building, Araneta Avenue, Caloocan City
- Contact Number: (02) 8364-1183
- Director: Ferdinand M. Magno
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: 151 Mirasol Street, San Roque, Cubao, Quezon City
- Contact Number: (02) 8356-0708
- Director: Bernard M. Dilangalen
- Email address: email@example.com
- Location: LTO Main Compound, East Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City
- Contact Number: 922-9061 local 324
- Director: Adel P. Fabic
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
LTO La Loma
- Location: #3 Biak na Bato Street, cor. P. Florentino Street, Barangay, Sta. Mesa Heights, Quezon City
- Contact Number: 711-4444
- Director: Pamela B. Gervasio
- Email address: email@example.com
LTO Las Piñas
- Location: FMC-LTO Compound, Alabang–Zapote Road, Talon Uno, Las Piñas City
- Director: Joselito P. Luarca
- Contact Number: 09564212937
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Butel Compound, Pililia St., Makati City
- Contact Number: (02) 8895-8678 / 09175331404
- Director: Marinette D. Abarico
- Email address: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: G/F Malabon City Hall Bldg., F. Sevilla Blvd., Malabon City
- Contact Number: 09687738798
- Director: Milagros S. Delos Reyes
- Email address: email@example.com
- Location: 121 Shaw Boulevard, Mandaluyong City
- Director: Adolfo Don C. Deveza
- Contact Number: 532-2726 / 0998 070433
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
LTO Manila East District
- Location: 776 Domingo Santiago St., Sampaloc, Manila
- Contact Number: (02) 8715-5979 / 09275463194
- Director: Zosima D. Angeles
- Email address: email@example.com
LTO Manila North District
- Location: 1686 JT Centrale Mall, Fugoso St., Barangay 311, Sta. Cruz, Manila
- Contact Number: 09617947443
- Director: Alvaro S. Villanueva
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
LTO Manila South District
- Location: Annex 2 Building, Philpost Compound, Lawton, Manila
- Contact Number: (02) 8528-4668 / 09606037330 / 09560911645
- Director: Liwayway F. Basinang
- Email address: email@example.com
LTO Manila West District
- Location: 2154 Beta Bldg España, Sampaloc, Manila
- Contact Number: (02) 8253-6185
- Director: Anthony P. Morales
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: LOL Building, JP Rizal St., Brgy. Sto. Niño, Marikina City
- Contact Number: (02) 7730-2672
- Director: Ma. Claridette O. Edroza
- Email address: email@example.com
- Location: National Road, Tunasan, Muntinlupa City
- Contact Number: (02) 8862-1091 / 09391234202
- Director: Frederick Mario R. Ubaldo
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
LTO National Capital Region (NCR) – West
- Location: Gregorio Araneta Avenue, Quezon City
- Contact Number: (02) 8273-1504 / 09957266837
- Director: Atty. Clarence V. Guinto
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Gen. Gas Plant Bldg., Fishport Complex, North Bay, Navotas City
- Contact Number: (02) 8283-3510
- Director: Cecilia F. Oliveros
- Email address: email@example.com
- Location: Olivarez Plaza, Brgy. San Dionisio, Parañaque City
- Contact Number: (02) 8833-6379 / 09209181055
- Director: Florante S. Martin
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: LTO Pasay Compound, Domestic Road, Pasay City
- Contact Number: 09150945006
- Director: Gilbert B. Apsay
- Email address: email@example.com
- Location: Ynares Sports Center Compound, Pasig City
- Contact Number: 636-5770
- Director: Nida L. San Buenaventura
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: ARM Building, 92 M. Almeda St., Pateros
- Director: Zoraida B Legazpi
- Email address: email@example.com
LTO San Juan
- Location: 80 R. Magsaysay Blvd., Quezon City (and in San Juan Commercial Complex in N. Domingo Street for licensing needs)
- Contact Number: (02) 8714-9113
- Director: Raymund N. Quibang
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Old Administration Building, FTI Compound, Taguig City
- Contact Number: 09956338857
- Director: Alfeo S. Tadena, Jr.
- Email address: email@example.com
- Location: Unit 1 & 2 Arca Plaza Bldg. Maysan Road, Maysan, Valenzuela City
- Contact Number: (02) 8292-7846
- Director: Fe N. Cascante
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
LTO Branches FAQs
Read on to learn more about LTO’s operations, from opening hours to appointment setting. The information you’ll get here will help you plan or schedule your transactions accordingly.
1. What are the operating hours of LTO offices?
Generally, LTO offices open at 8:00 a.m. and close up shop at 5:00 p.m. But operating hours may vary depending on the volume of clients coming in. To be sure about these operating hours, just contact your preferred LTO branch.
2. Are LTO offices open on Saturdays?
Since July 31, 2021, select LTO offices have been operating every Saturday to accommodate motor vehicle registrations. This is the agency’s attempt to deal with crowd congestion at its offices during weekdays. However, no other transactions will be allowed besides vehicle registration.
The following offices are open during Saturdays:
- Caloocan District Office
- Las Piñas District Office
- Makati District Office
- Malabon District Office
- Manila North, East, and South District Offices
- Muntinlupa District Office
- Navotas District Office
- Parañaque District Office
- Pasay District Office
- Public Utility Vehicle Registration Extension Center (Pasay)
Remember, though, that these offices are closed every third Saturday of the month for regular system maintenance. More importantly, schedules may change without prior notice. Contact your preferred office before you go to the site.
3. Does LTO accept walk-ins?
Yes. LTO still accepts walk-in clients, but it encourages applicants to set their appointments online. You can do so by using the Land Transportation Management System (LTMS) portal. If you don’t have an LTMS account yet, sign up here.
4. How do I make an appointment at LTO online?
If you already have an LTMS account, you can set an appointment for driver’s license application or renewal by following the steps below:
- Log in to your LTO account via the LTMS portal and click Licensing.
- Select your license type (e.g. Student Permit, Driver’s License).
- Click Add Medical Certificate.
- Input your medical certificate number. Then, click Verify.
- Choose your driver’s license application type (New or Renewal).
- Fill out the online application form.
- Upload the required documents indicated in the Document Description dropdown.
- The LTO fees that you need to pay will be displayed. Click Apply.
- Select your desired LTO office where you’ll complete the rest of the transaction, your appointment date, and time.
- Click Proceed to Payment.
- Select your payment method. Then, click Proceed to Summary.
- Check all the details of your transaction. Once you’re good, click Finish Transaction.
- You’ll be directed to the e-payment and appointment disclaimers. Click Accept.
- Your order summary and billing details will appear. Read and agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Click on your preferred payment method. After that, click Continue. You’ll be directed to a third-party page where you’ll be completing your online payment transaction.
NOTE: You’re required to get your medical certificate only from LTO-accredited clinics. The clinic where you had your medical exam must submit your certificate to the LTO. Otherwise, the medical certificate number that you write in the online application form won’t get verified. If that happens, you won’t be able to move on to the next step of your driver’s license application or renewal.
5. What is LTO DLRO?
The Driver’s License Renewal Office or DLRO is an LTO office that primarily focuses on the renewal of driver’s and conductor’s licenses without alarm or change in information. So if your only transaction is the renewal of your driver’s license, you can visit a DLRO instead of heading to the main LTO branch.
For the clientele’s convenience, DLROs are commonly found at malls and commercial centers, such as the following:
- Major Robinsons Malls
- Major SM Malls
- Alabang Town Center
- Lucky Chinatown Mall
- Paseo Center
- Ali Mall
- Fisher Mall
- Venice Grand Canal Mall
What You Need to Do Before Going to an LTO Office
The following tips will make your transaction with LTO fast, safe, and free of irregularities.
1. Book Your Appointment Online
As much as possible, book your appointment via the LTMS portal. By doing so, you’ll be able to save a lot of effort and time.
2. Double-Check All Documents to Be Submitted
After compiling all the documentary requirements and filling out your application forms, double-check all the details. More often than not, applications are delayed because of the inconsistencies and inaccuracies in the information provided.
3. Bring Your Old Driver’s License
Regardless of the type of your transaction, it’s always wise to bring your existing or old driver’s license. Chances are, the LTO officers will ask for it for their reference.
4. Bring Your New Normal Kit
Even if the pandemic alert level has been lowered a notch, you still need to maintain the same level of vigilance and carefulness. Never leave the house without your hand sanitizer, face mask, and face shield. Moreover, follow the safety protocols whenever you’re outdoors.
5. Never Work With a Fixer
Transacting with the LTO may test your patience, especially now that the agency is adjusting to the new normal. But this should never be an excuse to work with a fixer. Don’t encourage corruption and dishonesty. Besides, you may face legal repercussions if you’re caught working with an illicit broker. So if you chance upon someone offering illegal brokering services, don’t hesitate to contact the proper authorities.
Even if the LTO branches have started operating again, expect a lot of new measures in place. Moreover, operations at some offices may be quite slow-moving due to backlogs. With that, we encourage you to be more patient. Nevertheless, LTO branches are doing their best to make things much more efficient, as you can see with the launch of the LTMS portal.
Get a Free Car Insurance Quote!
Looking for car insurance? Below is a list of top car insurance companies and their features. Compare your options and get a free quote from Moneymax!
-  LTO Offices in Metro, Nearby Provinces to Reopen on Monday (Manila Times, 2021)
-  LTO Offices That are Open During Saturday
-  LTMS Portal
-  Definition of DLRO
With a goal to help Filipinos lead healthier financial lives, Moneymax regularly publishes tips and tricks on personal finance and lifestyle, among many other topics. For more finance-related news and articles, follow Moneymax on Linkedin.