Whether you're dealing with financial difficulties or pursuing a major life goal like securing a child's education, home improvement, or travel, one viable option to consider is getting a loan. Thankfully, there are many banks and financial institutions that offer loan programs that can help you achieve your goals.
One of the trusted banks that you can count on is CTBC Bank. Founded in 1966 in Taiwan, CTBC Bank (Philippines) Corp. has provided Filipinos with top-notch and reliable financial services since it came to the Philippines in 1995. One of the sought-after products is its Salary Stretch Loan.
Keep reading to know more about the CTBC Bank Salary Stretch Personal Loan. We’ve also come up with a guide to the CTBC personal loan online application.
What is CTBC Bank Salary Stretch Loan?
The CTBC Bank Salary Stretch Personal Loan is an unsecured loan that helps people fund short-term or mid-term financial goals or emergencies. The bank mainly offers this loan product to salaried and self-employed clients.
What Can I Use the CTBC Personal Loan for?
The CTBC Bank Salary Stretch Loan is multi-purpose in nature, meaning you can use it in different ways. You can use your loan proceeds to fund any of the following purposes:
🎯 Emergency Expenses
If someone in your family gets hospitalized, you can use the cash that you’ll get from this loan to pay for the hospital expenses, medicines, and medical equipment.
🎯 Your Child’s Education
You can also use the loan proceeds to pay your kids’ tuition on time and avoid issuing promissory notes. Likewise, you can use it to buy your kids notebooks, books, and even gadgets.
🎯 Your Hobbies and Passions
Are you an aspiring fitness guru who wants to build a small gym at home? Do you love painting and want to attend online classes? Apply for a CTBC Bank Salary Stretch Loan and turn your plans into reality.
🎯 Big-Ticket Purchases
Need to buy furniture, appliances, or gadgets now but don’t have enough funds yet? The CTBC Bank Salary Stretch Loan can help you. It will also help you fund a new laptop you can use for freelance work!
🎯 Your Dream Business
Have you been dreaming of starting your online bakery or a small corner store in your village? You can make it possible through this loan!
Why Should I Get a Loan From CTBC Bank?
The CTBC Bank Salary Stretch Personal Loan is an unsecured loan, which means you don’t have to surrender an asset in exchange for cash.
Secondly, CTBC Bank offers a high loan amount; you can borrow up to ₱2 million! Remember, though, that a high loan value is subject to the bank’s validation.
CTBC Bank personal loan interest rates are also reasonable. When it comes to repayment, the bank offers flexible terms which can be split into 12, 18, 24, or 36 months.
CTBC Bank Salary Stretch Loan Key Features
Here’s a quick rundown of the CTBC Bank Salary Stretch Loan features:
- Loan amount: ₱500,000 to ₱2 million
- Effective interest rate: Depends on the chosen loan amount and term
- Monthly interest rate: 1.39% to 1.79% across all loan terms
- Loan terms: 12 to 36 months
- Loan approval time: As fast as one day (upon complete submission of CTBC personal loan requirements)
How to Apply for a CTBC Bank Salary Stretch Loan in the Philippines
Step 1: Know If You’re Eligible for the Loan
Find out first if you’re actually eligible for the CTBC Bank Salary Stretch Loan. Here are the criteria that you need to meet:
📌 Eligibility Requirements for Salaried Individuals
- Filipino citizen
- Between 23 and 65 years old upon the maturity of the loan
- Minimum gross monthly income of ₱15,000 for bankers or ₱20,000 for non-bankers and working within CTBC Bank's serviceable area
- At least a six-month work tenure with current employer or a total of two years of working experience, including work on a regular/permanent status
- With an office landline number
📌 Eligibility Requirements for Self-Employed Individuals
- Filipino citizen
- Between 25 and 65 years old upon the maturity of the loan
- Minimum gross monthly income of ₱20,000 and working within CTBC Bank's serviceable area
- With a registered business operating for at least three years for service industries or five years for trading and other industries
- With an office and home landline or mobile number
- Must be a credit cardholder
Step 2: Gather the Documentary Requirements
Once you’ve determined that you're eligible for the loan, start collating all the requirements. The CTBC personal loan requirements, however, will depend on your category of employment.
📌 Required Documents for Salaried Individuals
- Duly accomplished CTBC personal loan application form
- Photocopy of latest ITR/BIR Form 2316
- Photocopy of company ID (with photo and signature)
- Photocopy of the latest one-month payslip
- Photocopy of proof of billing under the current address
- Photocopy of one valid government-issued ID (with photo and signature)
- Signed Data Privacy Notice and Consent Form
📌 Required Documents for Self-Employed Individuals
- Duly accomplished CTBC personal loan application form
- Photocopy of any proof of income, such as the latest BIR Form 1701/1702 or the latest bank statements of account/s for the last six months
- Photocopy of unexpired Certificate of Registration from the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI)
- Photocopy of the latest credit card statements for the last two months
- Photocopy of the credit card face
- Photocopy of two government-issued IDs with photo
- Photocopy of Proof of Billing under the current address
- Signed Data Privacy Notice and Consent Form
Note: Prior to the release of your loan proceeds, the bank may require you to present the original copies of the requirements enumerated above. Documents other than the ones above may also be required by the bank.
Step 3: Submit Your Loan Application via Email
Make sure that the details in your application forms and documentary requirements are accurate. After double-checking your requirements, send the scanned documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The CTBC Bank reminds applicants to send the soft copies in smaller file sizes to make sure their application email will not bounce.
Remember that CTBC Bank doesn’t collect processing fees upon application. If your application is approved, a handling fee will be automatically deducted from the loan proceeds.
Wait for the confirmation of your application within 3 to 5 days or as fast as one day upon submission of complete requirements. You may receive a call within this time period.
CTBC Personal Loan Online Application: FAQs
1. Can I apply for the Salary Stretch Personal Loan online?
As of this moment, CTBC Bank has not made available an online personal loan application facility on its website.
Aside from email, you may apply at the nearest CTBC Bank branch. For assistance with your CTBC personal loan application, contact the Sales Department at (02) 89889287 local 7452 to 56 on weekdays from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
2. How much can I borrow from CTBC Bank?
The loanable amount for the Salary Stretch product ranges from ₱500,000 to ₱2 million. But the actual amount you'll get approved for will depend on various factors, such as how long you'd like to repay the loan and the interest rate assigned to your chosen loan term.
To estimate how much you can borrow, use CTBC's online personal loan calculator. Aside from the loan amount, the loan calculator can also be used to determine your monthly amortization based on your target loan amount.
3. How will I receive my loan proceeds?
Once your loan is approved, the proceeds will be released through a CTBC Bank Visa Cash Card. However, you can choose from other methods of disbursement, such as the following:
- Credit to a CTBC Bank account
- Credit to your other personal bank account
- Through over-the-counter transaction
- Through Manager’s Check
4. How can I pay my CTBC Bank Salary Stretch Personal Loan?
Repaying your CTBC Bank loan is convenient as the bank offers a lot of payment channels and methods. Here are some of them:
📍 CTBC Bank Branches
The bank’s branches themselves serve as CTBC payment centers. If there’s one near you, you can easily settle your monthly financial obligations there.
📍 UnionBank Branches
Should you choose to pay your CTBC personal loan at a UnionBank branch, here’s what you need to do:
- Fill out the Bills Payment Form with your name and your 12-digit loan account number or CTBC Bank Visa Cash Card Number or CASA Account Number.
- Indicate the amount to be paid.
- Go to the teller and present the Bills Payment Form and payment.
- Once done, keep a copy of your receipt for documentation purposes.
📍 BancNet Channels
You can also pay your monthly amortization via BancNet-accredited facilities, such as the following:
- Insert your BancNet ATM card and enter your Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- Select your Account Type (Savings or Checking).
- Select Bills Payment. Then choose Loans.
- From the selection menu, select CTBC Bank Salary Stretch as the biller/institution.
- Enter your 16-digit CTBC Bank Visa Cash Card Number and the loan amount to be paid.
- Keep a copy of the receipt for validation purposes.
Via Online Banking (Available only for CTBC Bank Visa Cash Card Holders)
- Go to www.bancnetonline.com and select the bank of your account.
- Click I Agree in the Terms and Conditions section.
- Select Payment.
- From the dropdown menu, select CTBC Bank Salary Stretch as the biller/institution. Then, enter your 16-digit CTBC Bank Visa Cash Card Number in the Account Number field.
- Enter your BancNet ATM card number. Then, select the Account Type where the payment will be deducted and enter the loan amount to be paid.
- Using your mouse, click on the PIN pad and enter your PIN. Click Submit.
- Once you have verified that all details are correct, click OK.
- Remember to keep your trace number for documentation purposes.
📍 ECPay-Accredited Payment Partners
You can also pay your CTBC Bank loan at ECPay-accredited merchants, such as 7-Eleven, Ever Supermarket, and Gaisano Grand Malls, among others. Here are the steps:
- Fill out the Bills Payment form with your Name, Account Reference Number (either your Promissory Note Number, CTBC Bank Cash Card Number, or CASA Number), and the amount to be paid. Without a Bills Payment form, you'll be asked to provide your loan account details.
- Pay your loan in cash as it’s the only mode of payment accepted.
- Keep a copy of the receipt for documentation purposes.
Note: CTBC Bank reminds all borrowers to settle their loan payment three working days before the due date.
5. Can I pay my CTBC Bank Salary Stretch Loan via GCash?
GCash has proven itself as a must-have personal finance app. If you’re a GCash user, we have good news for you! You can pay your CTBC personal loan on the app.
Here’s how to do it:
- Go to Bills.
- Select Loans.
- Select or enter CTBC Bank Salary Stretch in the Search Billers field.
- Enter the amount to be paid, your account number, and your email address.
- Verify your details and then send your payment.
6. Who should I contact if I encounter a problem with my payment records?
In case you have some concerns regarding your payments and even your CTBC personal loan application, you can reach the CTBC Bank through these contact details:
- Metro Manila: +63 (2) 8840 1234
- Toll-free from provinces (PLDT): 1 800 10 840 1234
- Email address: email@example.com
Not decided on CTBC Salary Stretch yet? Check out these personal loans as well:
While not as mainstream as the giant local banks and multinational firms, CTBC Bank distinguishes itself from its competition with reliable, innovative, and niche-focused financial services. Among the offerings that make it a good choice among consumers is its personal loan.
The CTBC Bank Salary Stretch Personal Loan is a great option if you’re looking for a multi-purpose and high-value loan with flexible payment terms. It's also easy enough to accomplish the CTBC personal loan online application via email.
Compare Other Personal Loan Options in the Philippines
In case you’re currently exploring other loans, you can use our comparison platform to pick the right offer for you. You may also apply for a loan through Moneymax!