Pru Life UK, one of the leading insurance companies in the Philippines, recently launched its first-ever credit card as part of its long-term bancassurance partnership with Robinsons Bank. This co-branded credit card offers exclusive benefits and rewards to Pru Life UK policyholders, as well as Pru Life UK agents and employees.
Do you have a Pru Life insurance policy? Then read up and learn more about the Robinsons Bank Pru Life credit card, why you should get one, and how to apply for one.
What is the Robinsons Bank Pru Life Credit Card?
The Robinsons Bank Pru Life credit card is a co-branded credit card exclusively offered to Pru Life UK policy owners, agents, and employees. Launched in November 2021, this Pru Life UK card will be offered to 50,000 insurance policy holders in the first year of its rollout.
There are two variants available: Pru Life UK Classic Mastercard and Pru Life UK Platinum Mastercard.
How Does the Robinsons Bank Pru Life Credit Card Work?
It’s just like any other regular credit card out there. But the real draw of this credit card are the exclusive benefits and the premium payment facility that only Pru Life UK customers can enjoy.
Maximize the card’s benefits by using it on Pru Life UK transactions. As long as you’re a Pru Life UK policyholder, you can apply for and own this co-branded credit card. However, all Pru Life UK credit card applications are subject to Robinsons Bank’s approval.
Why Should You Get a Robinsons Bank Pru Life Credit Card?
There are many reasons to get a Robinsons Pru Life credit card, including the following.
Streamlined Payment Facility
Does your due date fall days away from your payday? It’s such a hassle, right? Sometimes you even end up spending what’s supposed to be your insurance payments, too.
Well, with the Robinsons Bank Pru Life credit card, paying for your insurance premiums just got easier. Simply enroll your Pru Life policy to the auto payment facility using your Pru Life credit card. More financial flexibility for you, and no more missed payments. Your Pru Life policy will remain active.
No Annual Fees
No need to pay for hefty annual fees if you enroll your Pru Life policy to its auto payment facility using your Pru Life credit card!
Exclusive Health and Wellness Benefits
Use your Pru Life credit card at partner health and wellness merchants to get exclusive perks and discounts. You can also convert qualified transactions at drugstores and hospitals to 0% installment for 3 months.
5x Reward Points
Your Pru Life UK transactions automatically earn five reward points for every ₱50 spent using your Robinsons Pru Life credit card. Get one reward point for every ₱50 transaction. Pretty easy, right?
Premium Travel Perks
For Pru Life UK Platinum Mastercard cardholders, you can enjoy free travel insurance coverage whenever you use your card to purchase international travel tickets.
Moreover, get access to more than 1,000 airport lounges in the world via Priority Pass and avail of over 900 special offers and deals from their partner merchants.
Robinsons Pru Life Credit Card Fees and Charges
Can you choose which Pru Life credit card to get? You can't, as Robinsons Bank will make the decision on what credit card to approve for you based on its evaluation.
But whether you get the Classic or the Platinum card, these are the fees and charges to take note of:
- Annual fee: (if not enrolled in Pru Life UK auto payment facility)
- Classic - ₱1,200
- Platinum - ₱3,000
- Finance charge: 2%
- Late payment fee: ₱750
- Over limit fee: ₱750
Robinsons Bank Pru Life UK Credit Card Requirements
As mentioned, this credit card is offered only to active Pru Life UK policy owners, agents, and employees. Aside from this, you also need to meet the following eligibility requirements:
- 21 to 65 years old
- Filipino citizen or foreigner who is a Philippine permanent resident for the last two years
- Earning a gross fixed annual income of ₱180,000 (₱240,000 for married credit card applicants)
- Regular employee or owns a business operating for the past two years
- Have a postpaid mobile number, working landline, and email address
- Residing near a Robinsons Bank branch
How to Apply for a Pru Life Credit Card Online
Ready to get your Robinsons Bank Pru Life credit card? Apply online by following these steps:
- Visit the Robinsons Bank Pru Life UK Credit Card page and click Apply Now.
- Completely fill out the online credit card application form. Make sure to provide your current and accurate mobile phone number and email address. This is where you’ll get updates regarding your credit card application.
- Upload a copy of your valid IDs and your income documents.
- Submit your application form.
- Wait for the acknowledgment SMS and email.
Robinsons Bank Pru Life Credit Card FAQs
1. What is the credit limit for Pru Life UK card?
The credit limit is based on the evaluation of Robinsons Bank and the credit card applicant's credit standing. This can range from ₱10,000 to as much as ₱200,000, or even higher.
2. How long is the Robinsons Pru Life card approval time?
It usually takes at least 10 to 15 working days for Robinsons Bank to process credit card applications. But expect to have delays in processing when you submit incomplete documents or documents with lacking or missing information. Do note that all credit card applications are subject to the bank's approval.
3. How do I check the status of my Pru Life credit card application?
If your credit card is approved, you'll receive an email and SMS notification. You'll also receive an email and SMS if your application is unsuccessful.
To check the status of your credit card application, you may also call the Robinsons Bank's Customer Care Center (C3) at +632 8637 2273.
4. When will my credit card be delivered?
Expect your card to be delivered within five banking days if you're in Metro Manila and within seven banking days if you're outside Metro Manila.
5. How do I activate my Robinsons Pru Life credit card?
To activate your Pru Life credit card, you can do it in three ways:
- Text RBANK ACTIVATE <First name/Last name/Last 4 digits of credit card> and then send it to 2256
- Call the Robinsons Bank Customer Care Center at +632 8637 2273
- Email C3@robinsonsbank.com.ph
6. How do I pay my Pru Life credit card?
Pay your Pru Life credit card bills conveniently through the following payment channels:
- Robinsons Bank branches and ATMs
- Auto-debit arrangement facility
- Robinsons Bank Online
- RBank Digital mobile app
- Robinsons Department Store
- SM Bills Payment Counters
7. What happens to my Pru Life credit card if I'm no longer a Pru Life agent or employee?
If you're no longer an agent or employee of Pru Life UK but still have a Pru Life UK insurance policy, you can keep using your Pru Life credit card.
However, if you're no longer a Pru Life UK agent or employee, and you also don't have a Pru Life UK insurance policy, you need to settle the outstanding balance and cancel the Pru Life credit card.
- 8 Things to Consider Before Buying a Life Insurance Policy
- Compare the best life insurance in the Philippines
The Robinsons Bank Pru Life credit card is a great way to pay your insurance premiums and earn reward points at the same time. It offers financial flexibility, so you can always pay your insurance premiums on time.
Furthermore, you can enjoy free annual fees and easy installment terms for qualified hospital and drugstore expenses. Now this credit card is certainly a must-have!