Maxicare EReady: The Perfect Prepaid Health Card for Medical Emergencies
Published: April 5, 2019 | Updated: July 27, 2020 | Posted by: Venus Zoleta | Personal Finance
One can never be fully prepared for any emergency, especially when it concerns your health or that of your loved ones. But that doesn’t mean you can’t do anything for when anything unexpected happens.
It doesn’t cost a fortune to prepare for any medical emergency. And now that prepaid health cards have become easily accessible in the Philippines, there’s no excuse not to have one for yourself and your family.
Searching for the best prepaid health card? Consider getting one designed for medical emergencies, like the Maxicare EReady. You’re probably familiar with Maxicare, which is one of the top health maintenance organizations (HMOs) in the Philippines. But you’re definitely wondering what the EReady card is and what you can get from it.
Table of Contents
- What is Maxicare EReady?
- How Much is the Maxicare EReady Prepaid Health Card?
- What is the EReady Card’s Coverage?
- Benefits of Getting an EReady Prepaid Health Card
- Who Can Get a Maxicare Health Card?
- Where to Buy Maxicare EReady Health Card
- How to Enroll Your Maxicare Health Card
- Where and How to Use Maxicare EReady Card
- Final Thoughts
What is Maxicare EReady?
Maxicare EReady is a prepaid health card that provides up to PHP 15,000 one-time coverage for medical emergencies.
EReady covers emergency cases that include life-threatening injuries and illnesses needing urgent medical assistance for easing pain or discomfort. Some of the illnesses that are considered emergency conditions are the loss of consciousness, heart attack, cardiovascular or cerebrovascular accidents, and convulsions.
How Much is the Maxicare EReady Prepaid Health Card?
The cost depends on the type of plan you choose. Maxicare EReady comes in two plans: Titanium and Platinum.
The Maxicare EReady Titanium is the cheaper health card with a one-time fee of PHP 699 and access to all Maxicare accredited hospitals and clinics. This emergency prepaid health card can’t be used in the country’s major hospitals.
The Maxicare EReady Platinum is the premium card with a one-time fee of PHP 899 and access to all Maxicare accredited hospitals and clinics, including the six major hospitals in the Philippines:
- Asian Hospital
- Cardinal Santos Medical Center
- Makati Medical Center
- St. Luke’s Medical Center in Quezon City
- St. Luke’s Medical Center in Taguig
- The Medical City
Both Maxicare EReady plans have the same coverage and maximum benefit limit of PHP 15,000.
What is the EReady Card’s Coverage?
Being a Maxicare EReady cardholder entitles you to the following benefits:
- Emergency room fees
- Professional fees
- Medicines used for immediate relief and treatment
- X-ray and other laboratory and diagnostic procedures
- IV fluids, oxygen, and whole blood and human blood products
- Casts, dressings, and sutures
- Initial treatment of animal bites, rabies shot, and other vaccines for animal bites
- Free consultations with affiliated doctors on the 24/7 TeleConsult hotline at (02) 582-1980
- Group life insurance with Accidental Death, Dismemberment, and Disablement coverage of up to PHP 50,000
- 20% discount on select dental services at any Metro Dental clinic
- 15% discount on select services at any MyHealth Clinic
EReady coverage limitations or exclusions include the following:
- In-patient availments leading to confinement
- Primary Care Emergency Room setting availment
- Transfer to other medical service providers because of a hospital’s lack of facilities or procedures
- Other exclusions listed in the EReady Card Kit
Benefits of Getting an EReady Prepaid Health Card
The biggest advantage of getting a Maxicare EReady health card is its affordable cost. For as low as under PHP 700 per year, you’re already protected against financial setback during a medical emergency. It’s like buying peace of mind for a cheap price.
Other prepaid health cards in the Philippines with around the same coverage cost over PHP 1,000. Comprehensive health care plans are much more expensive and may not fit the budget of those with limited incomes.
It’s also easy to start using the Maxicare EReady card—no need for a preliminary check-up and submission of documents. You can just conveniently register through SMS.
Another reason to get a Maxicare EReady card is its wide network of medical service providers. You can use the prepaid health card at any of 1,000 Maxicare hospitals and clinics nationwide.
Who Can Get a Maxicare Health Card?
Anyone from 15 days old to 65 years old—whether Maxicare members or not—can avail of a Maxicare EReady card.
You can get more than one EReady card in a year, but you can only register the second card three months after the deactivation of your first card. You may also buy Maxicare EReady cards for your loved ones.
Maxicare EReady health cards are particularly ideal for starting families on a tight budget, freelancers, and OFWs who want to be financially prepared for any medical emergencies in the family.
- Starting a Family? Consider These 10 Insurance Types
- 8 Steps to Prepare Financially for the Freelancer Life
- 5 Ways an OFW Can Prepare for Medical Emergencies in the Family
Where to Buy Maxicare EReady Health Card
Photo from Maxicare Healthcare Corporation Facebook page
EReady cards are readily accessible online and anywhere in the Philippines. You can buy them at the Maxicare Online Store. These cards are also available at Robinson’s Department Store-Business Centers and 7-Eleven CliQQ kiosks nationwide, as well as select Metro Manila branches of Ministop. OFWs may get Maxicare EReady cards at any iRemit Center worldwide.
How to Enroll Your Maxicare Health Card
Before you can use your Maxicare EReady card, you need to register it first via SMS.
Here are the EReady card registration steps:
- Type this message on your mobile phone: MAXI REG<space>13-digit Reference Number/First Name/Middle Name/Last Name/Extension/Birthdate in MMDDYYYY format/Gender/Civil Status/Email Address. Put an asterisk (*) for items not applicable to you. Example: MAXI REG 1234567890123/Juan/Carlo/Dela Cruz/*/04141984/M/Semail@example.com.
- Send the text message to 2806 (Globe subscribers) or 4629 (Smart subscribers).
- Wait for a text notification that your membership enrollment is successful.
After your Maxicare EReady card registration, your membership will be activated after seven days. And once activated, your Maxicare health card will be valid for up to one year.
Where and How to Use Maxicare EReady Card
Within 24 hours of a medical emergency, go to a Maxicare accredited clinic or hospital and just present your EReady card along with your valid ID to avail of your benefits.
What if you want to undergo treatment in a non-accredited medical service provider? Since the Maxicare EReady card uses the swipe facility of Maxicare accredited hospitals and clinics to verify members, it can’t be used in a non-affiliated facility.
Thus, you must avail of emergency services at an affiliated facility to enjoy the card’s coverage. Check the Maxicare website if a certain clinic or hospital is an accredited one.
Got more questions about the EReady health card and other Maxicare products? Call the company’s product inquiry hotline at (02) 798-7770 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Venus is the Head of Content at Moneymax, with 15+ years of experience in digital marketing, corporate communications, PR, and journalism. She invests in stocks, mutual funds, VUL, and Pag-IBIG MP2. Outside of work, she’s crazy about cats and Korean dramas. Follow Venus on LinkedIn.