Enjoying the perks and privileges of your Security Bank credit card? Since there are quite a lot, you might lose track of all its features and benefits. You don’t want to miss out on money-saving promos and incredible experiences!
But don’t worry. Whether you’re thinking of getting a Security Bank credit card or already have one, here’s a guide on how to use your Security Bank credit card, so you can get the most bang for your buck.
How to Use Your Security Bank Credit Card
Using a Security Bank credit card is a convenient way to pay for purchases and an excellent opportunity to earn rewards or cashback. Here’s how to use yours so you can maximize its features.
📌 Bills Payments
While you can always auto-charge your utility bills to your credit card, Security Bank credit cards make bills payments even easier with Bills Assist.
Skip the long lines at payment centers and set up alerts on your phone for various due dates. Bills Assist consolidates all your bills, so you have to remember just one due date. Moreover, you earn rewards points for your bill payments (except PLDT and Meralco).
How to Use Security Bank Credit Card for Bills Payments
To enjoy the convenience of Security Bank Bills Assist, you must first enroll your credit card to Bills Assist by following the steps below:
- Fill out the Bills Assist online application form.
- Enter the cardholder's name, the last four digits of the Security Bank credit card, and the card expiry month and year.
- Provide your email address and specify the best time to call you for account verification.
- Select the bills you wish to enroll.
- Tick the box for the Bills Assist terms and conditions. Click Submit.
📌 Cash Advance
How do you withdraw cash from your Security Bank credit card? When you need to fund an urgent expense you can’t charge to your Security Bank card, you can convert your available credit limit to cash.
The Ready Cash facility allows you to borrow cash from your available credit limit and pay with applicable interest on an installment basis. The cash advance amount should be worth at least ₱10,000.
How to Use Security Bank Credit Card Cash Advance
Follow these steps to withdraw money via your Security Bank credit card.
- Accomplish the Ready Cash online application form.
- Enter the cardholder's name, the last four digits of the Security Bank credit card, mobile number, card expiry month, card expiry year, date of birth, and email address.
- State the amount you wish to borrow and the account number to which it will be deposited.
- Select your payment terms (three, six, nine, 12, 18, and 24 months at a 1% add-on rate).
- Tick the boxes before clicking the Apply Now button.
📌 Bank Deposit Payments
Do you need to pay your child’s school tuition, house rent, or professional fees? One of the best Security Bank credit card features is SimplyPay, which lets you make deposit payments to any local bank account using your credit card.
As SimplyPay has a credit limit of up to ₱500,000, you can use it to make full or installment payments for significant expenses such as school tuition, insurance payments, rent, or even hospital bills.
- 1 rewards point for every ₱20 spend
- Worldwide acceptance and exclusive Mastercard promos
- Unlimited Marhaba Lounge access at NAIA 1 and 3
- Immediate cashback of up to 5% on five essential expenses: groceries, gas, utilities, dining, and shopping
- As much as ₱12,000 cashback annually
- Exclusive Mastercard promos and discounts
- Free travel insurance
- Access to airport lounges worldwide
- Mastercard E-Commerce Purchase Protection of up to US$200
- 2 rewards points for every ₱20 spend
- Membership to more than 1,000 lounges in over 500 airports worldwide
- Dining, spa, and retail offers from select exclusive airport merchants
- Free travel insurance coverage of up to ₱10 million
- Mastercard E-Commerce Purchase Protection of up to US$200
🎁 Free Gift from Moneymax: ₱2,500 eGift, Sony Wireless Headphones, or De'Longhi Blade Coffee Grinder
Eligible cards: Select Security Bank credit cards
Promo period: Until December 31, 2023
Want a credit card from Security Bank? You're in for a treat if you apply and get approved for an eligible card through Moneymax and meet the minimum spend requirement. Pick your free Security Bank welcome gift: a ₱2,500 Giftaway eGift voucher, Sony WH-CH520 wireless headphones (worth ₱3,299), or a De’Longhi Blade Coffee Grinder (worth ₱3,800).
Per DTI Fair Trade Permit No. FTEB-175575 Series of 2023. Terms and conditions apply. This Moneymax Security Bank Giftaway/De'Longhi credit card promo runs until December 31 only. Apply now!
How to Use Security Bank Credit Card for Deposit Payments
There are two ways to avail of SimplyPay: by calling the Security Bank hotline at +632 8887-9188 or by filling out the SimplyPay online application form.
- Accomplish the online form with your card information and cardholder details.
- Provide your bank account information, the amount to enroll for SimplyPay, and your payment option.
- Tick the boxes for the data privacy notice and terms and conditions, then click Submit.
📌 Overseas Transactions
Can you use your Security Bank credit card abroad? Yes, you can!
Shop and dine worry-free while abroad with your Security Bank credit card. Enjoy worldwide acceptance with your Security Bank credit cards at Mastercard-affiliated merchants.
With the Security Bank Platinum and World Mastercard, you can shop online and enjoy global coverage of up to US$200 Mastercard E-Commerce Purchase Protection when you shop online.
Moreover, there’s no need to worry about currency conversions while traveling abroad. Shop to your heart’s delight and pay in USD for international transactions.
How to Use Security Bank Credit Card Abroad
To avoid inconveniences when swiping your credit card abroad, call the Security Bank customer service hotline at +632 8887-9188 before your trip. This way, the bank is informed of any possible transactions during your scheduled trip.
If necessary, you may also request a temporary credit limit increase for your trip.
📌 Airport Lounge Access
If there are any downsides to traveling, it would be the long layovers and uncomfortable waiting at airports. But with the Security Bank Platinum and World Mastercard, you can enjoy exclusive airport lounge access to make traveling more enjoyable and hassle-free.
With just a swipe of your credit card, you can access over 1,000 lounges in more than 500 airports via Security Bank LoungeKey or Mastercard® Airport Experiences (MCAE).
But starting December 29, 2023, all Security Bank Platinum and World cardholders can access over 1,300 airport lounges worldwide via Mastercard Travel Pass. You can keep using your Security Bank LoungeKey or MCAE access until December 28, 2023. But if you have unused lounge access, it will be forfeited after the said date.
How to Avail of Security Bank Credit Card Airport Lounge Access
To use your Security Bank Platinum or World Mastercard to avail of airport lounge access, follow the steps below:
- As mentioned, you can use your current Mastercard® Airport Experiences and Loungekey access until December 28, 2023. At the airport lounge, simply present your Security Bank Platinum or World credit card with your boarding pass.
- Starting December 29, 2023, Platinum and World cardholders must present their Travel e-Card at the participating airport lounge. Get your Travel e-Card via the Mastercard Travel Pass website or app.
- Create a Mastercard Travel Pass account and register your credit card by entering the required information.
- After successfully validating your credit card, you will receive an e-mail containing your Mastercard Travel Pass ID and PIN.
- Download the Mastercard Travel Pass app and log in with your ID and PIN.
- Present your Travel e-Card on the app with your Security Bank Platinum or World Mastercard, passport, and boarding pass at the participating airport lounge.
📌 Online Credit Limit Increase Request
Requesting a higher credit limit has never been so easy. However, note that you should be a Security Bank credit cardholder for at least 12 months and provide proof of income and employment.
How to Request Security Bank Credit Limit Increase Online
Whether it’s a temporary or permanent credit limit increase, simply fill out the online request form and submit the required documents.
After submitting your request, expect a reply within three to five working days.
📌 E-Wallet Cash-In
Are you running low on e-wallet funds? You can link your Security Bank credit card to e-wallets like Maya and GrabPay for quick and seamless online transactions.
How to Use Security Bank Credit Card to Top Up E-Wallets
Here’s how to cash in via GrabPay:
- Link your Security Bank credit card as a payment method on your Grab app by selecting Add Cards.
- After you successfully link your credit card, tap GrabPay Wallet.
- Select Top Up and tap Cards.
- Choose your Security Bank credit card and select the top-up amount.
- Enter the required information and confirm the transaction.
To cash in using your Security Bank credit card on the Maya app, here are the steps:
- Tap Add Money and the Using Credit or Debit Card option.
- Choose New Card if you have not yet saved your Security Bank credit card.
- Enter the required information and the pre-defined cash-in amount.
- Confirm the transaction using the One-Time PIN.
You can save money and maximize your privileges when you know how to use your Security Bank credit card. These are just some excellent features and benefits you can enjoy. So if you don’t own one yet, compare Security Bank credit cards for free and apply through Moneymax.
Minimum Annual Income Requirement
Security Bank Platinum Mastercard
Security Bank Complete Cashback Mastercard
Security Bank World Mastercard