How to Check Your SSS, Pag-IBIG, and PhilHealth Government Contributions
Published: July 21, 2021 | Updated: August 2, 2021 | Posted by: Venus Zoleta | Government Services
Is your employer remitting the SSS, Pag-IBIG, and PhilHealth government contributions being deducted from your salary?
If your answer is “I don’t know” or “I’m not sure,” then it’s time to start monitoring your government contributions. You need to confirm if your company is up to date in remitting the correct amount of your premium payments to SSS, Pag-IBIG, and PhilHealth.
These government agencies require all employers in the Philippines to remit their employees’ contribution payments every month or quarter. However, some employers don’t remit their workers’ government contributions.. Even if payroll deductions are reflected on your monthly payslip, they aren’t an assurance that your employer actually pays your contributions.
Check your SSS, PhilHealth, and Pag-IBIG contributions regularly. Yours should be up-to-date and remitted correctly, so you can qualify for housing and salary loans from SSS or Pag-IBIG anytime you need to borrow money for your short-term needs. This will also prevent delays in your benefit and loan processing.
Table of Contents
- How to Check PhilHealth Contribution
- How to Check SSS Contribution
- How to Check Pag-IBIG Contribution
- Final Thoughts
How to Check PhilHealth Contribution
There are two ways to verify your posted PhilHealth contributions. Either you check the PhilHealth website or call the agency’s hotline.
1. View Your PhilHealth Contributions Online
To access PhilHealth’s Member Inquiry facility, you have to register for an online member account first. Simply go to the online account registration form, enter your basic information (including your PhilHealth number), assign a password, type the security code, and click Create Account. Then you’ll need to activate your account by clicking on the link in the email from the PhilHealth Member Information System.
Once you’ve activated your online account, you can already check your PhilHealth contributions.
PhilHealth Contribution Online Verification Steps
- Go to the PhilHealth website at www.philhealth.gov.ph.
- Under Online Services, click Member Portal Register/Login.
- You’ll then be taken to the Member Portal. Log in by entering your PhilHealth Identification Number and password (from the activation email.)
- Key in the number captcha code, and then click Log In.
- The Member Information page will appear. Click on Premium Contribution.
The Premium Contribution page shows the following information related to your PhilHealth contributions:
- Summary of member contributions. This table shows your total contribution (total member share + total employer share) and the total number of monthly payments.
- Member contribution payment history. This table shows all your monthly government contributions since you started paying your PhilHealth contributions.
2. Make an Inquiry via the PhilHealth Action Center Hotline
This is a 24/7 landline telephone-based service that can handle multiple calls from PhilHealth members regarding their contribution status, membership, benefits, and other related concerns. Just dial 8-441-7442 and follow the instructions from the voice prompt.
How to Check SSS Contribution
You have three options for checking your posted SSS contributions: through the My.SSS portal, SSS text messaging service, or any SSS branch.
1. View Your SSS Contributions Online
Checking your SSS contributions can take less than 5 minutes if you do it online using the My.SSS service portal of the SSS website. You need to register online for a My.SSS account before you can access this facility.
SSS Contribution Online Verification Steps
- Log in to your My.SSS account by entering your user ID and password.
- Look for the Inquiry menu, and then Contributions.
- You’ll then be directed to a page where you can check all your paid SSS monthly government contributions since the start of your membership.
Check out this article for the full step-by-step instructions on checking your SSS contributions online.
2. Send an SMS via the Text-SSS facility
Another convenient way to check your SSS contributions is through the Text-SSS facility, an SMS-based service that allows SSS members to inquire about their government contributions, loan status and balance, and other information.
To use Text-SSS, you first have to register via SMS. Text your SSS number and birth date to 2600 using this format: SSS<space>REG<space>10-digit SSS number<space>MM/DD/YYYY
Example: SSS REG 3375003981 10/26/1979
You’ll then receive a text message with a four-digit PIN, which you’ll use in all your inquiries using Text-SSS.
How to Check SSS Contributions via Text
Simply send this message to 2600: SSS<space>CONTRIB<space>10-digit SSS number<space>4-digit PIN
Example: SSS CONTRIB 3375003981 1026
The Text-SSS service costs PHP 2.50 (for Globe and Smart subscribers) and PHP 2.00 (for Sun Cellular subscribers) per text message.
3. Inquire at the SSS office
When the two options above don’t work, you can verify your SSS contributions at any SSS branch near you. To avoid the long queues, set an appointment online using My.SSS.
How to Check Pag-IBIG Contribution
Pag-IBIG members can verify their paid government contributions via different channels: via email, Facebook, phone, or personal inquiry.
1. Send an Inquiry via Email or Facebook
You can check your Pag-IBIG contributions online by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending a message on the Pag-IBIG Fund Facebook page at facebook.com/PagIBIGFundOfficialPage.
When doing so, make sure that you have the following details ready:
- Full name
- Name of your past and present employers
The call center agent will ask you for such information to validate your identity before sharing details on your Pag-IBIG contributions.
2. Call the Pag-IBIG Fund hotline
You may also call the Pag-IBIG fund 24/7 hotline at 8-724-4244 to check your Pag-IBIG contributions. You also have to provide your full name, birth date, and name of your past and present employers when making a phone inquiry.
3. View Your Pag-IBIG Contributions Online via Virtual Pag-IBIG
With a Virtual Pag-IBIG account, you can access Pag-IBIG services conveniently anytime, anywhere. Just log in to your account and you can see the Latest Updates, Products, Payments, and Account options. There’s also an available chat service where you can ask any inquiry or report any concern to a Pag-IBIG representative.
If you want to know how to check your Pag-IBIG contribution online, register for a Virtual Pag-IBIG account first. Go to www.pagibigfund.gov.ph, select Virtual Pag-IBIG, and then click the “Create Account” button.
Read more related articles:
- How to Apply for an SSS or Pag-IBIG Calamity Loan
- PhilHealth and SSS Maternity Benefits Every Parent Needs to Know
- SSS Salary Loan vs. Pag-IBIG Multi-Purpose Loan: Understanding the Differences
When you check your Pag-IBIG, PhilHealth, and SSS government contributions, you’ll see if there are years or months without posted contribution payments. In that case, notify your employer about it and ask about the discrepancies. Your company should be able to take action immediately; otherwise, it will have to face penalties for violating the law.
If your employer takes too long to resolve the issue on your contribution remittances, you can report it to the concerned agency (Pag-IBIG, PhilHealth, or SSS).
-  4 employers convicted for non-remittance of SSS (ABS-CBN News, 2015)
-  Pag-IBIG Fund website
-  Unremitted SSS Contributions: Are Employers Liable?
Venus is the Head of Content at Moneymax, with 15+ years of experience in digital marketing, corporate communications, PR, and journalism. She invests in stocks, mutual funds, VUL, and Pag-IBIG MP2. Outside of work, she’s crazy about cats and Korean dramas. Follow Venus on LinkedIn.