Why Choose HSBC Platinum Visa?
HSBC touts their Platinum Visa credit card as the ultimate travel credit card. But is it the perfect travel credit card for you? Check out this short review of the HSBC Platinum Visa.
Enjoy premium travel rebates
The HSBC Platinum Visa earns you a 5% rebate on essential travel expenses. These include airline expenses, car rentals, overseas dining, and overseas accommodation.
The HSBC Platinum Visa also comes with free insurance up to ₱10 million. This covers injuries, accidental death, and travel inconveniences during a local or international trip.
If you’re planning a road trip, you can use your HSBC Platinum Visa to avail fuel rebates. Get a 6% rebate on your first fuel transaction at Caltex and get a 3% rebate on fuel purchases for the rest of the year.
Earn up to 5% cash back
Enjoy swiping your HSBC Platinum Visa credit card more because you can earn up to 5% cash back on every spend outside travel expenses:
- Earn a 5% rebate on shopping (both in-store and online)
- Earn a 1% rebate on insurance payments
- Earn a 0.50 rebate on every other spend
Avail flexible 0% installment plans
With the HSBC Platinum Visa, you can convert big-ticket purchases like appliances, gadgets, and furniture into affordable 0% interest installments of up to 36 months. Installment transactions also earn you 3x bonus points, making tech upgrades more budget-friendly.
Is HSBC Platinum Visa the Right Card for You?
If you’re looking for a travel credit card that will reward you for exploring the world more, then the HSBC Platinum Visa is perfect for you. But if you’re looking for alternatives, consider the following:
- Citi PremierMiles. This Citi credit card earns you one (1) air mile for every ₱30 spend. As an added feature, you can use your miles to access domestic and international airport lounges.
- RCBC Visa Platinum. This credit card earns you one (1) air mile for every ₱25 overseas spend or ₱48 local spend. It also gives you access to over 1,300+ VIP airport lounges worldwide.
- Metrobank Travel Platinum Visa. This credit card earns you one (1) air mile for every ₱17 overseas, airline tickets, and hotel booking spend. This credit card allows you to earn air miles quicker.