✈️ AirAsia BIG
BIG is AirAsia’s loyalty program for its frequent flyers. Other than earning BIG points from flights, you can also get them from different partner merchants. You can even exchange your AirAsia BIG Rewards points with points from other loyalty programs.
With AirAsia BIG rewards, you can also give your points as a gift. On top of that, you can enjoy various airline privileges and bonus points with AirAsia’s credit and debit cards.
AirAsia BIGFeatures and Privileges
- Free sign-up
- Instant flight discounts for AirAsia Rewards members
- 24-hour AirAsia Rewards members-only priority access to sales
- Exclusive access to monthly sales
- Full redemption for free flights
- Free gifts and exclusive offers during your birth month
- Access to contests where you can win prizes, such as passes to screenings, festivals, and other events
- Exclusive perks for Platinum and Black members, such as priority check-in and baggage collection
How to Sign Up for AirAsia BIG
- Visit airasia.com/rewards or download the AirAsia Super App from the App Store, Google Play, or Huawei App Gallery. Then click Sign Up Now.
- Supply your personal details, such as email address, password, date of birth, and mobile number. Then click Continue.
- Click the Request OTP button. Enter the OTP sent to your mobile to proceed with the registration.
- Activate your membership account by clicking the link sent to your email address.
How to Redeem BIG Points
You can earn BIG points through the following:
- Final Call Sales – Get a one-way flight for as low as 500 BIG points
- Final Call X Sales – These are AirAsia X flight deals that can give you up to 80% savings
- Everyday Promo Flight – Use your BIG Fixed Points to redeem flights with up to 70% discount based on your flight’s travel time
- Hotel Booking – Use your points to book accommodations
- Travel Attractions and Activities – Use your points to access activities and attractions at over 150 destinations
- Lifestyle – Purchase what’s hot and trendy at over 238 lifestyle partners
- Flight Price Reduction – Because BIG points are as good as cash, you can use them to reduce a portion of your flight’s price
When Do BIG Points Expire?
According to AirAsia, points are valid for 24 months from the date of issuance. Keep in mind that AirAsia won’t reinstate any forfeited points.
Comparing Airline Customer Loyalty Programs in the Philippines
To help you decide which of the airline customer loyalty programs is right for you, here’s a summary of each rewards system’s features and perks.
|Airline Customer Loyalty Program||Membership Fee||Availability||Rewards Points/Miles Validity||Key Features|
|Philippine Airlines Mabuhay Miles||Free||Website and app (App Store, Google Play, Huawei AppGallery)||Extended to January 31, 2023||
|Cebu Pacific Go Rewards||Free||Website and app (App Store, Google Play, Huawei AppGallery)||Technically no expiry. But the account and the points in it will be forfeited if there are no successful activities for three consecutive years||
|AirAsia BIG||Free||Website and app (App Store, Google Play, Huawei AppGallery)||24 months from the date of issuance||
- Traveling Overseas? Take These International Credit Cards With You
- 6 Dual Currency Credit Cards for Filipino Travelers
From new friends to new memories, traveling is indeed a rewarding experience. But you can make your journeys even more rewarding through airline customer loyalty programs.
Choosing the right program doesn’t have to be difficult. All you need to do is focus on your travel style and usual budget. But if you want to be particular about your selection, there are a few things to think about.
First, consider the number of destinations the airline offers, especially if you frequently travel both locally and internationally. Second, check if credit card points can be converted into miles and vice versa. Third, see if there are other ways to earn miles. Finally, determine the ease of redeeming your miles or points.
Once you factor all of these in, you’ll find the right loyalty program for you.