Planning to apply for a BPI Express credit card? You’re in luck because you can apply for a BPI credit card online. As long as you have all the required documents ready, the entire credit card application can be completed in just a matter of minutes.
Here is a step-by-step guide to applying online for a BPI credit card:
1. Check your eligibility
Before submitting an application, make sure to check the following BPI credit card requirements:
- Age – at least 21 years old for principal cardholders (at least 13 years old for supplementary cardholders)
- Income: PHP 15,000 monthly for Blue MasterCard, Amore Visa, SkyMiles MasterCard, Petron-BPI MasterCard, Edge MasterCard, and Family Credit Card; PHP 40,000 monthly for Gold MasterCard; PHP 1 million annually for Amore Visa Platinum
- Contact details – you have your own mobile number and a landline number (residence or business.)
2. Pick a card that suits your budget and lifestyle
BPI offers 10 kinds of credit cards, each catering to different needs, budgets, and lifestyles. Picking the right one can be quite overwhelming because of the many choices. You can’t just randomly pick a credit card based on gut feel or recommendation from family and friends. What’s great for them may not work for you.
Why should you carefully select a new BPI credit card? A wrong choice may get your application declined if you don’t meet the specific requirements for that card.
Here’s what you must consider when choosing a credit card:
- What you’ll frequently use it for – will you use the card to pay for groceries, shopping, travel, gas, gadgets, or online purchases?
- Your preferred kind of rewards – do you want to earn points, miles, rebates, discounts, or freebies each time you use it?
- Your budget and lifestyle – how much is your gross monthly income? Do you have the budget for the annual fees, finance charges, and other fees?
Also consider the following credit card features:
- Annual fee – annual fees for BPI credit cards range from PHP 1,000 to PHP 5,000. Most cards have waived annual fees for the first year (e.g., BPI Blue MasterCard, Gold MasterCard, SkyMiles MasterCard, SkyMiles Platinum MasterCard, Family Credit Card, and BPI Edge MasterCard). Only the BPI eCredit has no annual fee for life.
- Finance charge – more commonly known as the monthly interest rate, it’s the interest charged on the amount you’ve borrowed. All BPI credit cards charge a 3.50% interest, except for the Family Credit Card with a 2.00% finance charge.
- Other features – check the rewards points, rebates, and other exclusive perks of the cards you’re considering to use.
Once you’ve figured out what you want from a BPI credit card, narrow down your choices. Make this easier and faster for you by using a free online platform that compares BPI credit cards based on their features. Other than helping you compare various BPI credit cards, this also helps you know the income requirement of each card.
3. Fill out an application form online
Steps to accomplishing a BPI credit card application form online:
- Go to the BPI official website
- At the upper part of the page, click the Cards menu > Credit Cards
- At the left panel of the page, click Apply Now.
- Tick the box next to your desired credit card type.
- Scroll the page down. You’ll find an application form with fields where you have to enter information about yourself and your employment, spouse (you can skip this part if you’re single), finances, supplementary cardholders (if any), and personal references.
- Review your answers thoroughly and make sure they’re correct and complete.
- Read the Declaration at the bottom most part of the page. Tick the box to indicate that you have read and understood the terms and conditions.
- Click Submit. An acknowledgment page will appear to confirm that your credit card application has been received by BPI.
4. Prepare and submit your BPI credit card requirements
To complete your BPI credit card application, prepare a scanned copy (should be in JPEG, PDF, or GIF format and no more than 2MB in size) or photocopy of each of the following documents:
- Proof of identity – present at least one (1) valid ID. (See list of valid IDs here.)
- Proof of income – for employees – two latest pay slips, latest income tax return (ITR), certificate of employment, contract of employment (for overseas Filipino workers), or latest credit card statement. For self-employed individuals – latest ITR, latest audited financial statements (AFS), or latest credit card statement
When your requirements are complete, submit them via any of the following:
- Email – email@example.com
- Mail – 14th floor, BPI Card Center, 8753 Paseo de Roxas, Makati City, 1226
- Fax – 845-5738 (routing code: 20022)
Make sure to do this step within three banking days (from the date when you filed your application form). Failure to do so will result in cancellation of your application.
5. Find out your application status
Wait for BPI to contact you regarding your BPI credit card application status. Banks typically take one to two weeks to process applications, so if you haven’t heard from the bank after two weeks, it’s likely that your application is declined.
Alternatively, you can check your application status online. If you’re registered with BPI’s online banking facility, follow these steps:
- Go to the BPI official website
- Log in to your account.
- Click Other Services > Application Status Inquiry > Credit Card
- Enter your date of application
- Next to “Application Submitted to,” click “Internet” from the drop-down list
- Enter your contact number
- Click Submit
Enjoy the convenience of applying for a credit by doing it online. Good luck with your BPI credit card application! You can also check other credit cards with easy application requirements.